Author Topic: Obama plays behind-the-scenes role in rebuilding Democratic Party  (Read 1186 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama plays behind-the-scenes role in rebuilding Democratic Party
By Amie Parnes - 07/02/17 06:00 AM EDT

Former President Obama is involved in discussions about the future of the Democratic Party, sources close to the former president tell The Hill.

Since leaving office, he has held meetings—on a by-request basis— with a handful of House and Senate lawmakers in his office in Washington’s West End and over the phone.

In recent months, for example, he sat down one-on-one with freshman Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), according to a Democrat familiar with the meeting. 

He has also met with and has had phone conversations with Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez throughout the spring, according to two sources.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/340314-obama-plays-behind-the-scenes-role-in-rebuilding-democratic-party
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Obama plays behind-the-scenes role in rebuilding Democratic Party
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 05:37:02 pm »
I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in charge of rebuilding the party he single handedly destroyed. Unfortunately he's too lazy to stick with it for long, and someone with half a brain will take over...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:41:12 pm »
I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in charge of rebuilding the party he single handedly destroyed. Unfortunately he's too lazy to stick with it for long, and someone with half a brain will take over...
:thumbsup2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 05:48:45 pm »
   This is the best news the GOP has had since May 3, 2016, when Sen. Cruz dropped out of the primary.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 06:05:06 pm »
Obama plays behind-the-scenes role in rebuilding Democratic Party

The former punk POTUS better not get too comfortable.  I think there are enough crimes he was behind to do some damage.

And IMO I think DJT won't blink having him investigated.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 06:14:35 pm »
I don't know guys, the Democrat power team of Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, Bernie, and Warren just scare the hell out of me. And don't forget Hillary, she's a strong, powerful woman and could easily be President someday.  :whistle:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 06:53:24 pm »

I agree.  He's one of the laziest presidents we ever had. 

BUT, he seems to be energized a bit by Trump as are so many in the press and the liberal wing.

It probably won't last and he'll fly off to Hawaii to get some bad golf in.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 07:18:55 pm »
I agree.  He's one of the laziest presidents we ever had. 

BUT, he seems to be energized a bit by Trump as are so many in the press and the liberal wing.

It probably won't last and he'll fly off to Hawaii to get some bad golf in.

"Energized" doesn't worry me - he was energized when he campaigned for all those candidates who lost their seats in Congress, and for Bill's odious remora. And without a teleprompter he's barely capable of articulating his favorite color...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:56:13 pm by Snarknado »
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 07:44:47 pm »
Since leaving office, he has held meetings—on a by-request basis— with a handful of House and Senate lawmakers in his office in Washington’s West End and over the phone.

By whose request?  His or theirs?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 10:42:42 pm »
The only reason he would do this is if there were some money in it for him.

He and his family must continue to have those generous handouts so they live the lifestyle they demand for themselves.

Bill Clinton just wishes for money to keep his wife happy, so he can go cavort on some island somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:43:05 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 12:32:08 am »
Gotta love it.  It is directly because of Obama being at the helm for the last eight years that the Democrat Party is in such disarray.  And now Obama arrives on the scene completely disconnected from that reality, thinking that he is going to save the day.

I think that Obama actually views himself as some great leader, when in reality he is completely devoid of any leadership ability whatsoever.

The NPD is stron in this one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 02:34:05 pm »

:thumbsup3: :thumbsup3: