Author Topic: ‘I Want This to Get Over’: After Congressional Shooting, Complex Grief for a Gunman’s Widow  (Read 392 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘I Want This to Get Over’: After Congressional Shooting, Complex Grief for a Gunman’s Widow

By JULIE TURKEWITZJULY 1, 2017

BELLEVILLE, Ill. — He flung dishes at his wife, roared at the television, erupted during an outing at a local brewery. Suzanne Hodgkinson became so concerned with her husband’s growing anger that she wrote to his doctor asking for help.

Now, the wife of the man who opened fire on a congressional baseball team in June wonders what more she could have done.

“I get up every morning feeling guilty because I didn’t stop it,” Ms. Hodgkinson said Wednesday at her home in Belleville, where the blinds are drawn tight and photographs of her husband adorn a living room wall. It was her first sit-down interview with a reporter since her husband, James Thomas Hodgkinson, attacked a Republican congressional baseball team practice in Alexandria, Va., wounding Representative Steve Scalise and three other people before the authorities killed him. (Mr. Scalise remains hospitalized in fair condition.)

Ms. Hodgkinson continued, “I wake up with hot sweats, thinking: ‘You should have known. You should have known.’”

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/01/us/congressional-baseball-shooting-death-grief.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Good Grief, Honey! You should be glad he's gone.

Silver Pines

She shouldn't blame herself.  Some people hide their craziness very well until it breaks out.

Offline Applewood

She shouldn't blame herself.  Some people hide their craziness very well until it breaks out.

Apparently, he didnt.  Note the first sentence.

Silver Pines

Yeah, but it still wasn't her fault that she didn't foresee an attempted massacre.