Author Topic: Pope Francis Ousts Powerful Conservative Cardinal  (Read 514 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pope Francis Ousts Powerful Conservative Cardinal
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:28:35 pm »
Pope Francis Ousts Powerful Conservative Cardinal

By JASON HOROWITZJULY 1, 2017

ROME — Pope Francis earlier this year ordered Cardinal Gerhard Ludwig Müller, the top doctrinal watchdog in the Roman Catholic Church, to fire three priests from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which is the keeper of the church’s orthodoxy and presides over investigations into sexual abuse.

Cardinal Müller, an ideological conservative often at odds with the pontiff, was vexed by the order, and, in a recent interview, said he had made a case, in vain, for the priests to stay in Rome.

“I’m not able to understand all,” Cardinal Müller said when asked why Francis sent them away. He added, “He’s the pope.”

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/01/world/europe/vatican-pope-doctrine-mueller.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Pope Francis Ousts Powerful Conservative Cardinal
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 09:32:21 pm »
I don't like the looks of that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 09:37:41 pm »
I don't like the looks of that.

He's the pope and I believe he is evil. Very evil. Evil is about leading man astray from the truth.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 09:41:54 pm »
He's the pope and I believe he is evil. Very evil. Evil is about leading man astray from the truth.
I'm Roman Catholic, and I don't like this pope. Something about him, from day one. It's like a couple of months before Obama was elected, as strange as this sounds, I got a sense that something was WRONG, on a cosmic scale (jokingly, I call it a 'disturbance in the force', but it isn't any joke) and that has not gone away.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 10:31:36 pm »
"Is the Pope Catho….?"

This one ain't.