Author Topic: Two dozen Democrats get behind bill to lay foundation for removing Trump for being mentally 'incapacitated' (but they'd need Mike Pence to agree)  (Read 878 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two dozen Democrats get behind bill to lay foundation for removing Trump for being mentally 'incapacitated' (but they'd need Mike Pence to agree)

25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution allows Congress to set up a medical commission that could determine if a president is fit for office
    The president's cabinet is also allowed to serve that purpose, but Congress has never established its own group to participate
    Either panel would require the vice president to agree before Congress could vote to remove the president
    A Maryland Democratic congressman is trying to set up a commission to target President Trump, tweeting: 'Trump's mental incapacity is no laughing matter'
    Plan has only attracted Democratic cosponsors so far
    Senate that passed 25th Amendment agreed 'inability' meant a 'mental debility' rendering a president 'unable or unwilling to make any rational decision'

By David Martosko, Us Political Editor For Dailymail.com

Published: 18:38 EDT, 30 June 2017 | Updated: 19:08 EDT, 30 June 2017

A Democratic congressman has proposed convening a special committee of psychiatrists and other doctors whose job would be to determine if President Donald Trump is fit to serve in the Oval Office.

Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin, who also teaches constitutional law at American University, has predictably failed to attract any Republicans to his banner.

But the U.S. Constitution's 25th Amendment does allow for a majority of the president's cabinet, or 'such other body as Congress may by law provide,' to decide if an Oval Office occupant is unable to carry out his duties – and then to put it to a full congressional vote.

Vice President Mike Pence would also have to agree, which could slow down the process – or speed it up if he wanted the levers of power for himself.

The 25th Amendment has been around since shortly after the John F. Kennedy assassination, but Congress has never formed its own committee in case it's needed to judge a president's mental health.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4655964/Democrats-lay-foundation-remove-Trump-mental-grounds.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline raml

Ha ha ha they are the insane ones. Trump is totally sane and I love him and his Tweeting. Bush just hid out his second term as they attacked and attacked him never fought back and they left him in the dust he got nothing accomplished at all second term. Trump is still woring hard for this country and I am glad he also fights back it does not hurt him it just makes the democrats crazy and a few of the rinos too who i don't give a fig about.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:40:18 am by raml »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ha ha ha they are the insane ones. Trump is totally sane and I love him and his Tweeting. Bush just hid out his second term as they attacked and attacked him never fought back and they left him in the dust he got nothing accomplished at all second term. Trump is still working hard for this country and I am glad he also fights back it does not hurt him it just makes the democrats crazy and a few of the rinos too who i don't give a fig about.

You're in good company @raml  and sound like Tom Delay!  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,269764.0.html

Online corbe

Ha ha ha they are the insane ones. Trump is totally sane and I love him and his Tweeting. Bush just hid out his second term as they attacked and attacked him never fought back and they left him in the dust he got nothing accomplished at all second term. Trump is still woring hard for this country and I am glad he also fights back it does not hurt him it just makes the democrats crazy and a few of the rinos too who i don't give a fig about.

@Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:53:22 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com