Author Topic: Trump tells Senate Republicans to kill Obamacare now and replace it later  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Victoria33

Now that's acting Presidential!  :patriot:
@txradioguy

No, it was just a throw away sentence he said.  However, it did have a subject and predicate, as in a complete sentence which is extraordinary from him .

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Git 'er DONE!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ConservativeGranny

That's exactly what Trump is advocating.

Trump's tweet said:
"If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!"

There was a qualifier. He didn't say that they should scrap the bill and just repeal now, he said "If Republicans Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now".  It makes a big difference, at least the way I take the statement because it could be taken as a threat to the Senate to get it done or else. He knows that the Repubs don't want total repeal and I do not believe that Trump does either. I think they both want their own version of a healthcare bill. Wish he would have said just "Repeal" and left the "If" out of it. I think just repealing it would be the Repubs worst nightmare.

Offline rodamala

Not only leadership, but he's right, as well.

I guess Senator Paul made an impression when he met with Trump to discuss this very issue not that long ago.

Offline rodamala

Re: Trump to Senate: Repeal Obamacare Now, Replace Later
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2017, 12:27:50 am »
Loved the comment in the article about how the current bill would do both, replace and repeal. LOL! In what universe?

It amuses me how they word it like it is Senator Paul that saying it repeals and replaces.

We know better.

Offline libertybele

Trump's tweet said:
"If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!"

There was a qualifier. He didn't say that they should scrap the bill and just repeal now, he said "If Republicans Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now".  It makes a big difference, at least the way I take the statement because it could be taken as a threat to the Senate to get it done or else. He knows that the Repubs don't want total repeal and I do not believe that Trump does either. I think they both want their own version of a healthcare bill. Wish he would have said just "Repeal" and left the "If" out of it. I think just repealing it would be the Repubs worst nightmare.

Both the House and the Senate have been wasting countless hours on trying to tweak an existing bill that failed.  Repeal the darn thing period.  There are other plans that have been drafted that could be perfected and voted on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.