Author Topic: Atlantic Editor Jeffrey Goldberg: Trump Going To Be Responsible For Violence Against Journalists  (Read 679 times)

Wingnut

Poor widdle snowflakes....

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, said Wednesday President Trump calling the mainstream media "enemies of the state" (editor's note: Trump said "enemy of the people") will inspire someone "to do something violent against journalists in a large way."

"Well, part of my reaction is that we’re are all engaged in a reality TV show. That this is a reality TV version of a war between the president and the press," Goldberg said in an interview with Yahoo! News' Katie Couric.

"The problem is, and this is what I worry about more than anything else, is that there are people in the country who don’t understand that this a cynical reality TV game," Goldberg said. "And are going to hear over and over again from the president that the reporters, journalists are enemies of the state... and someone is going to do something violent against journalists in a large way, and then I know where the fault lies"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/06/28/atlantic_editor_jeffrey_goldberg_trump_going_to_be_responsible_for_violence_against_journalists.html

Offline Night Hides Not

Using this logic, Schumer and Pelosi bear responsibility for the attempted assassination of Steve Scalise.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Wingnut

Using this logic, Schumer and Pelosi bear responsibility for the attempted assassination of Steve Scalise.

:pondering:

Very intuitive!

Offline Frank Cannon

Interesting. Wasn't it under the Obama administration that reporters were attacked and chased down for asking questions?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/15/politics/obama-interrupted/index.html

Offline Night Hides Not

:pondering:

Very intuitive!

LOL - I learned my lessons well during my years in the now-defunct Online Crosby Center, a meeting place for alumni and friends of Gonzaga University. Conservatives were outnumbered at least 5 to 1, and there were a number of libs who delighted in playing "whack-a-mole."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.