Author Topic: Obama-appointed judges dismiss Supreme Court ruling, continue blocking Trump’s immigration crackdown  (Read 727 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Obama-appointed judges dismiss Supreme Court ruling, continue blocking Trump’s immigration crackdown
Washington Times, Jun 28, 2017, Stephen Dinan

President Trump may have won a partial victory at the Supreme Court this week, but other federal judges remain major stumbling blocks to his aggressive immigration plans, with courts from California to Michigan and Atlanta limiting his crackdown on sanctuary cities and stopping him from deporting illegal immigrants he has targeted for removal.

The judges in those deportation cases have rejected Mr. Trump’s argument that he has wide latitude to decide who gets kicked out, without having to worry about district courts second-guessing him on facts of the case.

Instead, the judges said, they get to decide their jurisdiction, and that extends to reviewing Mr. Trump’s immigration policy.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/28/donald-trumps-immigration-plans-rejected-by-obama-/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Who has the authority to fire these judges?

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Well, well, well.  Ya say you want a revolution but all you really want is money for people with minds that hate.

A John Lennon mixup seemed appropriate here since he warned us well in advance of the collateral damage that comes with abuse of power.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
How are the judges dismissing the SC ruling on a completely different case which has nothing to do with either sanctuary cities or deportations?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:02:01 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

How are the judges dismissing the SC ruling on a completely different case which has nothing to do with either sanctuary cities or deportations?

Sure, read the article will ya?

It looks like the actual headline is (now) "Obama-appointed judges blocking Trump’s immigration crackdown".  I point out "now", because the article claims to have been updated a few hours after this thread was posted.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

rangerrebew

It seems to me impeachment proceeding should be initiated immediately.  Their jobs are to uphold the law which they are refusing to do, so impeach them - though I seriously doubt the republicans have the cajones to do so.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
In 2007 little known Senator Barack Obama was making big waves with his Big Government rhetoric.  While his fanatical fans were acting like rock star groupies there were those of us detecting more red flags than we could count.  Part Manchurian Candidate, part snake oil salesman, we sensed the man was more Il Duce than the working class hero he claimed to be. 

It was a scary feeling knowing that after 4 or even 8 years the man may be out of office but the fanatical fans would remain.  And these cult-like followers would continue to specialize in chaos just like their rock star hero.  Saying I told you so helps absolutely no one today, but there is an important lesson that can still be learned.

The man was never on our side - the side of the American people.

As you continue reading increasing radical headlines each and every day it all boils down to a simple question you should be constantly asking yourself - whose side are they on?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sure, read the article will ya?

Bad habit, sorry. I'll try to react first, read and think later.  :tongue2:

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Obama already set the precedent.

Trump should simply ignore and refuse to obey their rulings he doesn't like.

They have nullified their authority already anyway.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775