Author Topic: A Time Magazine with Trump on the cover hangs in his golf clubs. It's fake.  (Read 1502 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Today's laugh...

The framed copy of Time Magazine was hung up in at least four of President Trump's golf clubs, from South Florida to Scotland. Filling the entire cover was a photo of Donald Trump.

"Donald Trump: The 'Apprentice' is a television smash!" the big headline said. Above the Time nameplate, there was another headline in all caps: "TRUMP IS HITTING ON ALL FRONTS . . . EVEN TV!"

This cover - dated March 1, 2009 - looks like an impressive memento from Trump's pre-presidential career. ....

http://www.chron.com/news/article/A-Time-Magazine-with-Trump-on-the-cover-hangs-in-11250803.php

Reminds me of one of those things kids used to get a photo booths where they could get their photo taken and put on fake covers of Sports Illustrated or other magazines.

Offline ABX

Offline Night Hides Not

Today's laugh...

Reminds me of one of those things kids used to get a photo booths where they could get their photo taken and put on fake covers of Sports Illustrated or other magazines.

This has to be one of the biggest nothingburgers I've ever seen. It only took Joe and Mika 8 years to discover this. They're doing a great job of solidifying support for Trump with their cringe worthy tactics.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:43:01 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
This has to be one of the biggest nothingburgers I've ever seen. It only took Joe and Mika 8 years to discover this. They're doing a great job of solidifying support for Trump with their cringe worthy tactics.

This does irritate me. I mean, it's Trump. He's been on the cover of just about every news/gossip magazine that exists in the last 40 years. So why a fake cover when he's got dozens of real ones to choose from?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What a loon.

Offline Night Hides Not

What a loon.

That's what makes him so endearing to his followers.

LOL, maybe I'll get one done for me on the cover of "Wine Enthusiast", as "A Voice for Texas Wineries"...double lol. At least there's a bit of truth to back that up.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=260292.new#new

It's reply 22.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:00:24 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup3:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'd like to add my favorite Time Magazine cover to the mix for possible replacements at Trump golf clubs:   88devil

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:22:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
This does irritate me. I mean, it's Trump. He's been on the cover of just about every news/gossip magazine that exists in the last 40 years. So why a fake cover when he's got dozens of real ones to choose from?

Just be glad its not Playgirl.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Just be glad its not Playgirl.

That was a thought I was enjoying not having ....

Offline rodamala

It's a control issue.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's a control issue.

And, just flat weird.

However, I do wish the media had used even a tiny portion of the investigative skills used here for 0bama. 

Offline ABX

Quick question then.

Replace Obama with Trump in this story? Would we still be saying it is a 'nothing' story or would we be laughing our asses off at the narcissism?

Offline Night Hides Not

Quick question then.

Replace Obama with Trump in this story? Would we still be saying it is a 'nothing' story or would we be laughing our asses off at the narcissism?

Why can't we do both? That's what I've been doing since Joe & Mika brought it up this morning.

It's a nothing story to me, as the act occurred in 2009. There was no "news" here, as it merely confirmed Trump's narcissism for the 1000th time. Did Trump do this to tweak those he irritates, or did he do it out of promoting his self image? The answer to that question could be both, as well.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Why can't we do both? That's what I've been doing since Joe & Mika brought it up this morning.

It's a nothing story to me, as the act occurred in 2009. There was no "news" here, as it merely confirmed Trump's narcissism for the 1000th time. Did Trump do this to tweak those he irritates, or did he do it out of promoting his self image? The answer to that question could be both, as well.

When you're right, you're right.  :beer:

It is funny.

Wingnut

If Time was smart they would put that "Fake" cover on its next  issue.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
You, too, can be on the cover of a magazine:   ^-^

https://www.google.com/search?q=vanity+magazine+covers&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl7-Pk--LUAhVKSyYKHbLgD8oQ_AUICigB&biw=1159&bih=590#tbm=isch&q=magazine+covers+template
Unless it's Blues Revue or Jazz Times, I'm not interested.

Besides, I wouldn't buy any magazine that would have me on the cover. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.