Author Topic: McDonald’s stock is soaring because of… automation  (Read 869 times)

rangerrebew

McDonald’s stock is soaring because of… automation
« on: June 25, 2017, 09:13:13 pm »
McDonald’s stock is soaring because of… automation

Jazz ShawPosted at 2:01 pm on June 25, 2017

They’re popping the champagne over at McDonald’s HQ this month and they have every reason to do so. Wall Street analysts have increased their projections for the fast food giant’s performance on the stock market this year in a big way. Their estimated target share price has been bumped up by nearly 20% and the current stock price is surging in response. And what was the cause of this optimism? Some new secret sauce recipe for the Big Mac? Making the McRib permanent?

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/06/25/mcdonalds-stock-soaring-automation/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:13:57 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline berdie

Re: McDonald’s stock is soaring because of… automation
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:08:13 am »
I hate to say this...but if I were inclined to start a business..I would look toward automated.

I've seen changes in the market place in the last 20 years that just aren't pretty.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:10:16 am »
The fact that they are serving breakfast all day has been a huge hit with their customers.   It's not jut automation.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 12:19:21 am »
The fact that they are serving breakfast all day has been a huge hit with their customers.   It's not jut automation.

Don't rub it in. They discontinued the Big Breakfast over here a couple years ago - and thus my only reason other than using the loo to ever go into McDonalds.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 12:26:46 am »
"Do you want fries with that?"
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 02:20:02 am »
Our local Subway's installed a touch screen entry at the drive thru.  I hate the thought of touching the screen that hundreds of others have touched before me.  I think I'll continue to stay away from Mickey D's.