Author Topic: In 10 Years, Your iPhone Won’t Be a Phone Anymore  (Read 947 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In 10 Years, Your iPhone Won’t Be a Phone Anymore
« on: June 25, 2017, 05:41:00 pm »
Siri will be the conductor of a suite of devices, all tracking your interactions and anticipating your next moves

By Christopher Mims
June 25, 2017 9:00 a.m. ET

It’s 2027, and you’re walking down the street, confident you’ll arrive at your destination even though you don’t know where it is. You may not even remember why your device is telling you to go there.

There’s a voice in your ear giving you turn-by-turn directions and, in between, prepping you for this meeting. Oh, right, you’re supposed to be interviewing a dog whisperer for your pet-psychiatry business. You arrive at the coffee shop, look around quizzically, and a woman you don’t recognize approaches. A display only you can see highlights her face and prints her name next to it in crisp block lettering, Terminator-style. Afterward, you’ll get an automatically generated transcript of everything the two of you said.

As the iPhone this week marks the 10th anniversary of its first sale, it remains one of the most successful consumer products in history. But by the time it celebrates its 20th anniversary, the “phone” concept will be entirely uprooted: That dog-whisperer scenario will be brought to you even if you don’t have an iPhone in your pocket.

Read more at WSJ:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-10-years-your-iphone-wont-be-a-phone-anymore-1498395600
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: In 10 Years, Your iPhone Won’t Be a Phone Anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 05:54:09 pm »
I'll give it 3 years tops. We'll see something branded like 'Apple iLife' that will be your ongoing personal companion for communication,  shopping,  and all the information you need.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 05:57:04 pm »
I'll give it 3 years tops. We'll see something branded like 'Apple iLife' that will be your ongoing personal companion for communication,  shopping,  and all the information you need.

I agree.  I think they're being rather conservative with the "10 years" estimate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 06:40:38 pm »
In 10 Years, Your iPhone Won’t Be a Phone Anymore

Of course it won't. It will be a collectors item because they will be out of business.