Author Topic: 10 things you should ask your doctor on your next visit  (Read 474 times)

rangerrebew

10 things you should ask your doctor on your next visit
« on: June 25, 2017, 03:44:21 pm »
10 things you should ask your doctor on your next visit
June 24, 2017 by Allie Shah, Star Tribune (Minneapolis)

Getting in to see a doctor takes time. Getting the most out of your doctor's time takes something more: an inquisitive approach.

Armed with the right questions before you sit on the exam table, you, too, can become an empowered patient ready to make informed decisions about your health.

"The era of the doctor who just tells you what to do - like Marcus Welby - those days are over. And they should be over," said Dr. David Hilden, an internal medicine physician at Hennepin County Medical Center. "It's good for both sides to be informed."

Read more at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-06-doctor.html#jCp

Offline rodamala

Re: 10 things you should ask your doctor on your next visit
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 03:49:53 pm »
Ask your doctor if Valtrex is right for you.

Offline Applewood

Re: 10 things you should ask your doctor on your next visit
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 08:34:26 pm »
My mother came from an era when doctors were thought of as gods.  She had a primary care physician who did nothing but prescribe pills.  When I asked her once why she was taking a cholesterol-reducing drug when all of her cholesterol numbers were normal, she couldn't tell me because she never asked.  If the doctor told her to run out into traffic, she would do it because that's what he told her to do.

I told all my doctors from the start that I was going to be their worst nightmare.  I ask questions and I'm not shy about questioning the treatment they are  prescribing.  If a doctor prescribes a particular medicine or insists on surgery, he had better have a good reason why because I'm going to demand an answer, and if his answer is not satisfactory, he can forget about the treatment.