Author Topic: Therapy dog brings stress relief to Appleton officers  (Read 833 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Therapy dog brings stress relief to Appleton officers
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:19:55 pm »
APPLETON, Wis. — The Appleton Police Department’s new method of dealing with job stress has four legs and a lot of fur.

Chief Todd Thomas says the main assignment of the latest recruit — a three-month-old Goldendoodle named Blue — is to lift the spirits of his department’s employees.

Thomas tells WLUK-TV that right now Blue is a rookie and needs training and certification. Blue attended his first class at the Fox Valley Humane Association on Wednesday. Once he’s ready, Blue can also be used in the community. Thomas says officers may take him to schools, to hospitals and to situations where child may be dealing with trauma.

More, and pictures: http://fox6now.com/2017/06/22/therapy-dog-brings-stress-relief-to-appleton-officers/

@Freya Said I would, right?  ^-^
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 02:43:46 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Therapy dog brings stress relief to Appleton officers
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 02:05:39 am »
Blue is a doll. Golden Labradoodle. Sweetness itself.

I am caring for my little Cairn Terrier, Bobbi, who had some sort of neurological issue, maybe a stroke, maybe a brain tumor. She is a rescue and I have had the pleasure of her love for 11 years. My Border terrier rescue Hank is confused about why his friend won't play with him.

I lost my Bichon rescue only ten months ago, so this is really painful. I usually get a third dog when my eldest starts to decline. This was sudden with Bobbi and it would be unfair to get a young dog right now.

Bobbi is staying close, but is not getting better. She is not in distress. We will see the vet again Tuesday afternoon.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 02:19:34 am »
Blue is a doll. Golden Labradoodle. Sweetness itself.

I am caring for my little Cairn Terrier, Bobbi, who had some sort of neurological issue, maybe a stroke, maybe a brain tumor. She is a rescue and I have had the pleasure of her love for 11 years. My Border terrier rescue Hank is confused about why his friend won't play with him.

I lost my Bichon rescue only ten months ago, so this is really painful. I usually get a third dog when my eldest starts to decline. This was sudden with Bobbi and it would be unfair to get a young dog right now.

Bobbi is staying close, but is not getting better. She is not in distress. We will see the vet again Tuesday afternoon.

@austingirl let me know what the vet says after Bobbi sees her. :)
Sending good thoughts and milk bones.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 02:52:48 am »
@Freya

Thank you for your thoughts. I will let you know about my little girl. There are pics of my dogs on the Pets Welcomed thread.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 08:05:41 am »
My employer (HR) is currently working on a policy to ban bringing dogs and kids to visit the office.  8888crybaby

I hope Bobbi's condition can be fixed, @austingirl !
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 10:41:14 am »
My employer (HR) is currently working on a policy to ban bringing dogs and kids to visit the office.  8888crybaby

I hope Bobbi's condition can be fixed, @austingirl !

People will bring children, especially when someone comes back from maternity leave. They always come back to show off the baby .

Maybe confine kids to reception area. As for dogs- do you have anyone with sight problems who needs them? I once had a desk next to a blind man. I loved it when his dog was "off leash" otherwise known as not working, so I could get doggy kisses and feed him snausages.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 02:30:55 pm »
@Suppressed

Thank you. I am hoping for the best for her.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 03:43:54 pm »
People will bring children, especially when someone comes back from maternity leave. They always come back to show off the baby .

Maybe confine kids to reception area. As for dogs- do you have anyone with sight problems who needs them? I once had a desk next to a blind man. I loved it when his dog was "off leash" otherwise known as not working, so I could get doggy kisses and feed him snausages.

Yeah, babies usually make the rounds but evidently someone complained.  Doggies are kept barricaded in offices, but someone complained.  I wrote to HR to complain that they were stopping it.  It raised morale. :-)

The woman who has many dogs brought in audio recordings of them for me for Take Yor Dog to Work Day  yesterday.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn