Author Topic: Cruz floats amendment to Senate healthcare bill  (Read 8431 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Cruz floats amendment to Senate healthcare bill
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 08:07:51 pm »
Ted Cruz is no longer fighting to get rid of Obamacare "root and branch" any more.  He's looking to lower costs, reduce the rate of Medicaid increases and allow states to opt out of the essential benefits.

This ain't 2009 any more.

Not so.  He's trying to get an amendment added that will "root out" 0bamacare.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 08:09:26 pm »
Ted Cruz is no longer fighting to get rid of Obamacare "root and branch" any more.  He's looking to lower costs, reduce the rate of Medicaid increases and allow states to opt out of the essential benefits.

This ain't 2009 any more.

Yeah sure he's not.  That's why he's one of the four opposing what the Senate is proposing right now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 08:15:43 pm »
Yeah sure he's not.  That's why he's one of the four opposing what the Senate is proposing right now.

Yes, Cruz wants additional changes to the Senate draft ..... most notably the right for states to opt out of essential benefits, which is a way to expand choice and offer lower premium plans.

He's changing Obamacare ... not uprooting it.  And that's because Cruz is learning the art of the possible.  Good for him; and us.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 08:18:35 pm »
Yes, Cruz wants additional changes to the Senate draft ..... most notably the right for states to opt out of essential benefits, which is a way to expand choice and offer lower premium plans.

He's changing Obamacare ... not uprooting it.  And that's because Cruz is learning the art of the possible.  Good for him; and us.

If insurance companies are allowed to sell plans that do not conform to the Obamacare mandates what do you think will VERY RAPIDLY happen to those plans that DO conform?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 08:22:18 pm »
If insurance companies are allowed to sell plans that do not conform to the Obamacare mandates what do you think will VERY RAPIDLY happen to those plans that DO conform?

The less expensive plans will win.   :shrug:   But pre-existing condition coverage (most likely w/o penalties) and subsidies continue.  More less expensive plans do not remove government from health insurance/health care.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:24:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 08:22:26 pm »

Three-dimensional chess, Bigun.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 08:23:54 pm »
The less expensive plans will win.   :shrug:   But pre-existing condition coverage (most likely w/o penalties) and subsidies continue.

At least until the next actual budget is written!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 08:24:37 pm »
Three-dimensional chess, Bigun.

I guess so!  :laugh:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 08:25:01 pm »
At least until the next actual budget is written!

Still a problem getting to 51 in the Senate.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 08:26:42 pm »

So much for that "all we need is a majority in the house and senate to repeal Obamacare"

*****rollingeyes*****

Someone will always find a way to justify NOT doing the right thing and getting rid of the ACA "root and branch".

And there will always be people that make excuses for those lying politicians as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 08:29:58 pm »

NO doubt about that!  Which is why MY preference is STILL to just resurrect the bill they put on Obama's desk last year and OUT the phonys for all to see!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2017, 08:34:32 pm »
NO doubt about that!  Which is why MY preference is STILL to just resurrect the bill they put on Obama's desk last year and OUT the phonys for all to see!

Now you know they can't do that @Bigun   This President would actually sign it.   88devil

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 08:36:19 pm »
Now you know they can't do that @Bigun   This President would actually sign it.   88devil

I'm not so sure that he would but would LOVE to find out!  :whistle:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2017, 08:37:21 pm »
I'm not so sure that he would but would LOVE to find out!  :whistle:

The congresscritters won't risk it.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2017, 08:38:31 pm »

It's a nice thought, but once they know a couple safe turncoats, say Collins and Murkowski, will vote Nay the rest can pretend.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2017, 09:13:33 pm »
If the Republicans pass Obamacare light ( the billions in insurance subsidies) they have fallen right into the trap set by the dimocraps and will own this money-sucking entitlement.

5% of the populace have a pre-existing condition and they consume 50% of the healthcare. Health coverage for them is the priority. Insurance companies will have to soak the rest of us to pay for their codified "right" to healthcare.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2017, 09:21:04 pm »
It's a nice thought, but once they know a couple safe turncoats, say Collins and Murkowski, will vote Nay the rest can pretend.

In that case Mike Pence would break the tie!  :laugh:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2017, 10:07:31 pm »
The House spent weeks on tweaking the bill and the Senate spent nearly 2 months on revamping the bill.  We have 4 strong conservatives obviously against the bill; and for good reason.  So ... instead of tweaking, amending, redrafting, etc., etc., for heaven's sake.  Repeal the dang thing already.  Use some of Paul's plan and some of Cruz's plan and get on with it!  It is my understanding that there is also a bill in the archives that was passed by both Houses which Bammy failed to sign. That bill could be used as well.  Playing in the backroom and blowing smoke isn't going to cut it anymore! 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:07:53 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2017, 10:23:51 pm »
The House spent weeks on tweaking the bill and the Senate spent nearly 2 months on revamping the bill.  We have 4 strong conservatives obviously against the bill; and for good reason.  So ... instead of tweaking, amending, redrafting, etc., etc., for heaven's sake.  Repeal the dang thing already.  Use some of Paul's plan and some of Cruz's plan and get on with it!  It is my understanding that there is also a bill in the archives that was passed by both Houses which Bammy failed to sign. That bill could be used as well.  Playing in the backroom and blowing smoke isn't going to cut it anymore!

Great post!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 02:16:17 am »
Two of my favorite posters, right here!

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 03:07:07 am »
I'm still puzzled at the reason that the Federal government must regulate health care.  I can't find that in the Constitution no where. :shrug:

It's in the same section of the Constitution that gives a protected right to kill an unborn child.
God is still in control

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2017, 03:10:40 am »
The less expensive plans will win.   :shrug:   But pre-existing condition coverage (most likely w/o penalties) and subsidies continue.  More less expensive plans do not remove government from health insurance/health care.

Nor does it do anything about the millions added to the medicaid rolls
God is still in control

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2017, 03:16:59 am »
I'm still puzzled at the reason that the Federal government must regulate health care.  I can't find that in the Constitution no where. :shrug:

Arguably there is an interstate market in health care -- people travel interstate to go to the Mayo Clinic or some of the major specialized hospitals in the New York metro area -- so the Commerce Clause applies, but there is no interstate market in health insurance (one of the problems we have), and Obamacare is almost entirely a scheme regulating health insurance.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2017, 03:35:56 am »

The sad part is that just 4 Conservatives are working for us.  I want full repeal also.  When they are the lone 4 all I can say is thank you to those 4 , hope and pray that they can make changes that benefit us.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2017, 03:42:03 am »
The sad part is that just 4 Conservatives are working for us.

Five, now with Sen. Heller of Nevada.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-