Author Topic: Pelosi says she’s staying: ‘I think I’m worth the trouble’  (Read 1318 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi says she’s staying: ‘I think I’m worth the trouble’

By Sally Persons and Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Thursday, June 22, 2017

Defiant House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she’s not going anywhere, brushing back complaints from rank-and-file Democrats that she has led them to political oblivion and insisting that whatever the election losses she has overseen, she is “worth the trouble.”

A series of losses in special congressional elections — including one that cost the party tens of millions of dollars in donations in a losing cause in Georgia this week — have sparked a new round of criticism for the Californian.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/22/pelosi-says-shes-staying-i-think-im-worth-trouble/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:33:22 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Pelosi says she’s staying: ‘I think I’m worth the trouble’
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:53:54 am »
The spin on these two special elections is interesting.  The seats were held by REPUBLICANS in the first place.
The Georgia candidate was so flawed it was  miracle he garnered the votes he did.   Highly unlikely that the two republican districts were suddenly going to vote dem no matter what they though of DT.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 12:11:45 pm »
This spotlights two things.

1. The need for term limits

2. The elected in D.C. do not represent the people. Only themselves.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 12:30:54 pm »
The spin on these two special elections is interesting.  The seats were held by REPUBLICANS in the first place.
The Georgia candidate was so flawed it was  miracle he garnered the votes he did.   Highly unlikely that the two republican districts were suddenly going to vote dem no matter what they though of DT.

Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 12:38:54 pm »

There were enough fools willing to pony up $31,000,000 who thought the Georgia seat could be flipped. 

Let me try to make 'em feel better as they lick their wounds - the female won.  Count this a blow against the patriarchy and a victory for diversity and inclusion. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 12:41:04 pm »
The problem is, Nancy dear, that although you think you're worth the trouble your colleagues are doubting that very much. It is a sword of your own making - for your entire career you perfected the art of blaming others. Now, you're the other.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:41:26 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 12:43:33 pm »
The problem is, Nancy dear, that although you think you're worth the trouble your colleagues are doubting that very much. It is a sword of your own making - for your entire career you perfected the art of blaming others. Now, you're the other.

Good grief, when the enemy wants to make a mistake, LET EM.

Nancy is doing great.   Super politicians who cares about the people.  Boy can she raise money too
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 01:48:00 pm »

Nancy is doing great.   Super politicians who cares about the people.  Boy can she raise money too

My feelings exactly.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 01:51:59 pm »

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 02:02:42 pm »
Betty Botox has been an enormous fundraising tool for Republicans. Why on Earth would they want to see her go?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 02:05:59 pm »
She's useful to us, sure. A fight that splits the party in half would be moreso, although at the end of the year/beginning of next year would be better. Pelosi is stupid and vain enough to cause that fight and destroy the Dems as a viable opposition for a decade or so.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 02:06:01 pm »
Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

No more like way to conduct a post election analysis and realize how lucky we got.

We can't continue to throw crap at the wall and hope it sticks.

Saying "at least our guy wasn't as bad as theirs" isn't the way to get things done.

That just gets us more crap politicians who solidify the uniparty inside the beltway.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 02:07:15 pm »
She's useful to us, sure. A fight that splits the party in half would be moreso, although at the end of the year/beginning of next year would be better. Pelosi is stupid and vain enough to cause that fight and destroy the Dems as a viable opposition for a decade or so.

That would be true if the Republicans...especially in leadership weren't so willing to cave and always go with what the Dems want.

The GOP is a large part of the reason why she stays so viable as the Dem leader.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 02:12:51 pm »
Betty Botox has been an enormous fundraising tool for Republicans. Why on Earth would they want to see her go?

Exactly.  Trump's tweet:

"I certainly hope the Democrats do not force Nancy P out. That would be very bad for the Republican Party - and please let Cryin' Chuck stay!"
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 02:16:01 pm »
Who cares. This is a Rat problem. Even if they get rid of her, who in their ranks isn't as deranged as her to take her place?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 02:23:18 pm »
Who cares. This is a Rat problem. Even if they get rid of her, who in their ranks isn't as deranged as her to take her place?

None...she is probably the sanest of the bunch when you think about the fact that it's probably going to be someone like Steny Hoyer or John Lewis that would take her place.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 02:57:37 pm »
That would be true if the Republicans...especially in leadership weren't so willing to cave and always go with what the Dems want.

The GOP is a large part of the reason why she stays so viable as the Dem leader.

But which part of the Dem party would the Pubbies cave to? One of the reasons they cave (if you ignore the singular lack of spines, testicles, and intestinal fortitude) is the Dems always present a united front. If they're not united .....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 03:01:50 pm »
But which part of the Dem party would the Pubbies cave to? One of the reasons they cave (if you ignore the singular lack of spines, testicles, and intestinal fortitude) is the Dems always present a united front. If they're not united .....

And despite the seemingly bleak news about her leadership right now...they will continue to present a united front when it counts.  All it is right now is talk and wishful thinking.  She will cease to be the Dem Leader in the House at a time and place of her choosing.

There has been talk of Nancy being in danger of losing her leadership position before.  But like McConnell in the Senate and Boehner in the House...She dishes out plum seats, cash and committee positions to those that kiss her ring.  She has the power of the purse and can threaten to withhold money from a Congress Critter's re-election...or deny them a committee seat if they don't fall in line and support her. 

She's as much in danger of losing her position as Ryan or McConnell is.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:03:20 pm by txradioguy »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 03:14:07 pm »
She's as much in danger of losing her position as Ryan or McConnell is.

Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus attended the removal discussion yesterday ....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:14:24 pm by EC »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 04:01:04 pm »
Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus attended the removal discussion yesterday ....

And to pacify him...she'll ensure his district gets plenty of $$$ in pork projects and a plum committee position on something to do with law enforcement or civil rights.

It's how the system works.

rangerrebew

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 04:10:29 pm »

How about Tom Perez or Keith Ellison?  The repugnantcans would climb all over each other to cave to either.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 04:13:26 pm »

‘I think I’m worth the trouble’, Sounds remarkably like something Nero would have said.
Image result for emperor nero painting

The absurd arrogance and utter naivete of this women is nothing short of stunning.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 04:14:47 pm »

The Congressional Black Caucus should have been asking why Steny Hoyer was allowed to jump over Jim Clyburn for the #2 spot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 05:35:16 pm »

Exactly!  Stay, Nancy, stay.

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 09:28:25 pm »
Pelosi's daughter: My mom is 'unfazed' by Dem critics

By Judy Kurtz - 06/23/17 05:03 PM EDT

Alexandra Pelosi, a filmmaker and the daughter of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), says her mom is “totally unfazed” by criticism being pointed her way from fellow Democrats.

“I understand why you have to write it because it’s a sexy headline, but it’s not real. It’s what Trump would call ‘fake news,’ ” Alexandra Pelosi said when asked how she feels about her mother taking heat from within her own party.

Earlier this week, Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio), who challenged Nancy Pelosi for House minority leader, said on CNN that the 15-term congresswoman is more toxic in “some areas of the country” than President Trump.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/339240-pelosis-daughter-my-mom-is-unfazed-by-dem-critics
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.