Author Topic: GOP Sen. Collins on Health Care Bill: ‘I Cannot Support a Bill’ That Takes Insurance From Millions  (Read 433 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

GOP Sen. Collins on Health Care Bill: ‘I Cannot Support a Bill’ That Takes Insurance From Millions
Mediaite, Jun 22, 2017, Justin Baragona 

With host Chuck Todd noting that she was already a skeptic of the House-passed bill, Collins was asked what was her line in the sand when it came to whether she could support the Senate one.

“I can’t support a bill that will greatly increase premiums for our older Americans,” she said. “I cannot support a bill that is going to result in tens of millions of people losing their health insurance.”

The Maine lawmaker added that she also couldn’t support a bill that made deep cuts to Medicaid while also stating that she does care that funding to Planned Parenthood is being impacted.

More and video of interview:  http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-sen-collins-on-health-care-bill-i-cannot-support-a-bill-that-takes-insurance-from-millions/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
This is what happens when the government "gives" insurance to millions. How could anyone be so callous to take it away?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Did she say that when the law was passed? 

What an imbecile statement.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anyone surprised?  Not me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If someone is forced to buy it when they didn't want it, and they are now allowed not to buy it, is it really taking it from them?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024