Author Topic: Pelosi takes heat after Dem loss  (Read 1186 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Pelosi takes heat after Dem loss
« on: June 21, 2017, 08:37:17 pm »
Democratic leaders in the House are taking heat after the party’s disappointing special-election defeat in Georgia.

Some lawmakers were quick to blame their leadership for Jon Ossoff’s defeat to Republican Karen Handel, saying the party failed to learn the 2016 lesson that running against President Trump without a positive message of your own is not enough to win elections.

“We’d better take a good, long, strong look in the mirror and realize that the problem is us, it’s the party,” Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) said Wednesday morning as he left a closed-door meeting of the Democratic Caucus in the Capitol.

He described Ossoff as a “great” candidate who “still couldn’t carry the national baggage of the Democratic Party.”

Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.) echoed Ryan’s argument.

“We need to have a plan, we need to have a vision, we need to tell Americans why Democrats will be better, not just why Trump is bad,” Moulton said. “And I don’t think we’re doing enough of that, and I think that’s evident in this [Georgia] race.”

Republicans relied on a strategy of tying Ossoff to Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who remains radioactive in many conservative districts.

“Those are still effective ads that hurt our candidate,” said Ryan, 43, who had challenged Pelosi for the Democratic leader spot after last November’s elections. 

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/338826-pelosi-takes-heat-after-dem-loss
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Re: Pelosi takes heat after Dem loss
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:37:20 pm »
Democratic leaders in the House are taking heat after the party’s disappointing special-election defeat in Georgia.

Some lawmakers were quick to blame their leadership for Jon Ossoff’s defeat to Republican Karen Handel, saying the party failed to learn the 2016 lesson that running against President Trump without a positive message of your own is not enough to win elections.

“We’d better take a good, long, strong look in the mirror and realize that the problem is us, it’s the party,” Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) said Wednesday morning as he left a closed-door meeting of the Democratic Caucus in the Capitol.

He described Ossoff as a “great” candidate who “still couldn’t carry the national baggage of the Democratic Party.”

Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.) echoed Ryan’s argument.

“We need to have a plan, we need to have a vision, we need to tell Americans why Democrats will be better, not just why Trump is bad,” Moulton said. “And I don’t think we’re doing enough of that, and I think that’s evident in this [Georgia] race.”

Republicans relied on a strategy of tying Ossoff to Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who remains radioactive in many conservative districts.

“Those are still effective ads that hurt our candidate,” said Ryan, 43, who had challenged Pelosi for the Democratic leader spot after last November’s elections. 

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/338826-pelosi-takes-heat-after-dem-loss
That's why when Republicans were bemoaning Pelosi's re-election and Schumer's elevation to Senate Minority Leader, I say this is the best thing that can happen to the right. Reid and Pelosi being the face of the left gave us majorities in the House and Senate and Chuckie will continue in that tradition. They just don't play well in all the flyover states.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:56:20 pm »

Republicans spent their money wisely, on the single best point against democrats; namely the prospect of handing control over to the likes of Pelosi
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 11:04:31 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1wgAyRALzc

Oh I pray! I pray everyday. I pray and I pray. Because I am doing the work of God himself!

Pelosi is one of the most 'nuttiest' if not the nuttiest person in Washington. She has competition from Waters and McCain, but so far, she is maintaining her lead.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:05:27 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 11:04:58 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH2VYne6rSE

Dear God- she was ridiculous back in 2011-2013 and now the dementia. She should watch herself on tape and if she still has a couple of neurons firing, retire.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 11:42:24 pm »
Dear God- she was ridiculous back in 2011-2013 and now the dementia. She should watch herself on tape and if she still has a couple of neurons firing, retire.

She's fine.  Doing wonderful.  Representing the dems very well.  I hope she stays 20 more years.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 11:52:27 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZIL-IzFzUQ

The commentary on that one is stellar! "Pelosi makes Sheila Jackson Lee look intelligent and Maxine Waters sound coherent." Excellent!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 11:59:34 pm »
She's fine.  Doing wonderful.  Representing the dems very well.  I hope she stays 20 more years.

Um, I just want to say to all those who are, (what do they call it?) oh yeah, 'here', that um, yeah, and all that other other stuff that I am supposed to say.

Hello, everyone. My name is Nancy Pelosi. Hi.

Wait what? Who are these people and why am I here?

I just want to congratulate Amnesty...for...Diversity, or something like that? For doing whatever they did. I think? I don't know?

Anyway, I'm Nancy Pelosi so you will all now clap and applaud like the trained seal monkeys that I expect you to be. Clap for me, idiots! Clap and applaud you brain dead losers.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:05:09 am by 240B »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 12:30:40 am »
Um, I just want to say to all those who are, (what do they call it?) oh yeah, 'here', that um, yeah, and all that other other stuff that I am supposed to say.

Hello, everyone. My name is Nancy Pelosi. Hi.

Wait what? Who are these people and why am I here?

I just want to congratulate Amnesty...for...Diversity, or something like that? For doing whatever they did. I think? I don't know?

Anyway, I'm Nancy Pelosi so you will all now clap and applaud like the trained seal monkeys that I expect you to be. Clap for me, idiots! Clap and applaud you brain dead losers.

Sounds like a great democratic leader.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 12:37:56 am »

Funny. He had no trouble carrying his carpetbag to run for that seat.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 12:44:20 am »
“We’d better take a good, long, strong look in the mirror and realize that the problem is us,...

Barba non facit philosophum.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 01:28:47 am »

Mega, mega dittos!!  @driftdiver   

Offline berdie

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 02:46:45 am »
I'm not sure applying either heat or water is good for Nan.

Help me I'm melting!!! ^-^

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 04:15:04 am »

Amazing! Where did you find such a flattering picture of her?