Author Topic: MSNBC Host Joy Ann Reid Spreads False Claim About Ga. Special Election  (Read 1007 times)

rangerrebew

MSNBC Host Joy Ann Reid Spreads False Claim About Ga. Special Election

Posted By Amber Athey On 11:38 AM 06/21/2017 In | No Comments

MSNBC host Joy Ann Reid falsely claimed Tuesday night that Donald Trump won the sixth district in Georgia by 20 points — he only won by one.

Reid, who hosts the MSNBC show “AM Joy,” responded to Democrat Jon Ossoff’s loss in the Georgia special election Tuesday by adding some “perspective.”

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/21/msnbc-host-joy-ann-reid-spreads-false-claim-about-ga-special-election/

Offline GourmetDan

It's not a lie if their base believes it doncha know...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I was flipping channels last night (I have cable but don't know channels to be honest) looking for election results. Some analyst on MSNBC was trying to show that overall, yesterday's elections were a net gain for democrats compared to the Trump election results. Saying stuff like democrats lost, but not as bad a loss (thus really really a net gain) as compared to Trump election. 20 point swing here, 15 point swing there, blah blah blah... with Georgia being the only state that had a 4 or 5 point loss (according to them). It was classic spin to try and paint the evening as not a complete loss and to keep the mass horde of the brainless in line.

I just shook my head and started looking for another channel to see how they would spin it. I couldn't find much and turned the tv off. I may try turning on the tv again in another 6 months.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

rangerrebew

MSNBC’s Joy Ann Reid Under Fire Over Racist Comments on Wounded GOP Congressman Steve Scalise

June 20, 2017| by Donn Marten

While Rachel Maddow rules the roost at Democratic party propaganda organ MSNBC, there are many who are lower on the food chain but pushing the same conspiratorial and dangerous message.

One would be Joy Ann Reid, the leftist loose cannon who has done as much to encourage the current climate of hatred in America as nearly anyone else on cable TV.

Now it looks as though Ms. Reid may have taken her act a bridge too far when she delivered a kick to the gut of GOP congressman Steve Scalise who was badly wounded after being shot by a deranged Maddow fan and Bernie Sanders activist during an attempted massacre last Wednesday.

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/msnbcs-joy-ann-reid-under-fire-over-racist-comments-on-wounded-gop-congressman-steve-scalise
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:48:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I was flipping channels last night (I have cable but don't know channels to be honest) looking for election results. Some analyst on MSNBC was trying to show that overall, yesterday's elections were a net gain for democrats compared to the Trump election results. Saying stuff like democrats lost, but not as bad a loss (thus really really a net gain) as compared to Trump election. 20 point swing here, 15 point swing there, blah blah blah... with Georgia being the only state that had a 4 or 5 point loss (according to them). It was classic spin to try and paint the evening as not a complete loss and to keep the mass horde of the brainless in line.

I just shook my head and started looking for another channel to see how they would spin it. I couldn't find much and turned the tv off. I may try turning on the tv again in another 6 months.
Democrat math. It's how a 10% increase in funds, knocked down from a 20% increase, becomes a 50% cut. Happens all the time. Prolly why they think the Earth will be a cinder in 50 years from CO2.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GourmetDan

That's actually a good thing... conservatives want liberals to continue failed policies and stick to failing lies...

If they recognize their failure, they may change and come up with a new lie that is plausible enough to regain power...

That wouldn't be good.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The power of video playback and 144 characters, in the hands of ordinary people, diminish the lock held by media, over Americans' opinions.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
How is it that so many chicks named "Joy" are completely joy-LESS?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline musiclady

How is it that so many chicks named "Joy" are completely joy-LESS?

And some downright insane..................... Behar comes to mind. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
And some downright insane..................... Behar comes to mind.

Exactly. I accidentally saw some of her hateful rhetoric today. I was going to take my dogs to the park early since the storm is likely to bring rain later today. I tuned my TV to the ABC affiliate in Houston so I could rewind and watch the local news coverage when we got back from the park, and there was Joy being her joyless, angry, bitter self. I quickly slipped into my sandals, grabbed my purse, phone, dogs and keys and hightailed it outta there. The park where we walk is beautiful, so it makes it easier to shake off all that negativity. But one definitely has to decompress after exposure to those joyless hate mongers.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:45:51 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Exactly. I accidentally saw some of her hateful rhetoric today. I was going to take my dogs to the park early since the storm is likely to bring rain later today. I tuned my TV to the ABC affiliate in Houston so I could rewind and watch the local news coverage when we got back from the park, and there was Joy being her joyless, angry, bitter self. I quickly slipped into my sandals, grabbed my purse, phone, dogs and keys and hightailed it outta there. The park where we walk is beautiful, so it makes it easier to shake off all that negativity. But one definitely has to decompress after exposure to those joyless hate mongers.

That is beautiful! Leftists, especially H-Wood (T.V) leftists believe that they and their culture define the USA, whereas they are a very small, marginal background to the authentic culture (the enduring meritiocracy). The fact that they believe otherwise doesn't alter the fact that they are not the culture but the sideshow. The one thing most effective at neutralizing far leftists is to ignore them- to not take them seriously (as you would respond to a lunatic from an insane asylum). That is what they hate more than anything and it doesn't occur to some to just ignore them because it's so simple.

Just say, "No thanks, cacogens! 'Not in the mood for the sideshow today. Today, I'm into U.S. Culture, not post-modernist, free-floating-reference-point-anti-culture"!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:22:05 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Online mountaineer

A white guy targets white guys and ... there's a racial component?   :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod1

merged threads

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just to confirm, looks like DC is pretty correct. Here are county by county results which don't line up with the district exactly because it covers parts of Cobb, Fulton, and Dekalb counties. It does appear this was a Hillary strong so depending on how the counties break down, it certainly wasn't a Trump +20 district... ie, the Dems lost ground.
http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/georgia/

Offline musiclady

Indeed.

Their goal seems to be to bring the whole world down.   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LMAO

MSNBC  Spreads False Claim

Fixed the title for you
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Indeed.

Their goal seems to be to bring the whole world down.   :shrug:
If they can't have it, they'll break it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis