Author Topic: Trump Blows Away Collusion Accusations With Latest Move (Treasury Sanctions 38 Russian Individuals & Orgs Over Crimea Annexations)  (Read 821 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Not a good day for Trump/Putin Bromance Conspiracy Cases

daily caller
Alex Pfeiffer
White House Correspondent
11:16 AM 06/20/2017

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/20/trump-admin-slaps-russians-with-sanctions/

The Department of Treasury announced sanctions against 38 individuals and organizations for their involvement in the annexation of the Ukrainian regions Crimea and Donetsk.

“These designations will maintain pressure on Russia to work toward a diplomatic solution,” Secretary of Treasury Steven T. Mnuchin said in a statement. “This administration is committed to a diplomatic process that guarantees Ukrainian sovereignty, and there should be no sanctions relief until Russia meets its obligations under the Minsk agreements.”

The move from the Trump administration comes amid a slew of claims from opponents that President Trump is too cozy with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The Treasury Department said in a statement that sanctions on Russia related to the Ukrainian crisis will remain until Russia honors the Minsk Agreements that call for a ceasefire. The statement also stated that sanctions related to Crimea will remain until Russia “ends its occupation of the peninsula.”

The 38 sanctioned individuals and entities will not be allowed to own property in the U.S., nor will Americans be allowed to do transactions with them.

Some of those sanctioned are key Russian officials such as Petr Jarosh, who is the head of the Russian Federal Migration Service in the separatist “Republic of Crimea.” A Russian bank, TSMRBANK, was also sanctioned as it allegedly services clients in the Russian-backed rebel states Donetsk and Crimea.

This announcement comes the same day as Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko is stopping by the White House.

Tags: Department of Treasury
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent news!   Thanks for digging it up!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

How exactly does the Administration sanctioning 38 individuals and entities over Ukraine now "blow away collusion accusations" from the 2016 election?  It's not clear to me how this somehow clears the Trump campaign over collusion (which I think action that truly blew away the accusations would)?   :shrug:

BTW -- I doubt seriously any substantive collusion will be found but do think the campaign/Administration has been sloppy, in-artful, and partially to blame in keeping the collusion story (and associated investigation) in the news.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:36:06 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
How exactly does the Administration sanctioning 38 individuals and entities over Ukraine now "blow away collusion accusations" from the 2016 election?  It's not clear to me how this somehow clears the Trump campaign over collusion (which I think action that truly blew away the accusations would)?   :shrug:

BTW -- I doubt seriously any substantive collusion will be found but do think the campaign/Administration has been sloppy, in-artful, and partially to blame in keeping the collusion story (and associated investigation) in the news.

Could you please Link me to the actual "There" that's There, rather than the Democrat whole cloth, unending Hissy Fit they and the media have been pitching?

And now we have Our Military shooting down a Syrian/Russian Mig - challenging Russia's puppet Assad?

Russia Threatens To Retaliate Against US Planes For Downing of Syrian Jet

https://www.weaselzippers.us/344570-russia-threatens-to-retaliate-against-us-planes-for-downing-of-syrian-jet/

AND:

Stronger NATO Presence In Baltic Has Putin Worried

https://www.weaselzippers.us/344641-stronger-nato-presence-in-baltic-has-putin-worried/

As for the Admin's sloppy conduct:

Trump's background. He is used to being able to Fire people who butt heads with him.

He can't Fire Congress, and unfortunately he's learning it the hard way.

The people who can fire Congress are the voters.

He needs to be making his case to them, in scripted, televised addresses rather than snarky tweets.

Explain to the Voters why what he wants to do is in their best interest.

Give them facts and figures from the CBO and other accounting organizations.

Then let the Voters melt the Congressional switchboards FOR HIM.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Concerned

Could you please Link me to the actual "There" that's There, rather than the Democrat whole cloth, unending Hissy Fit they and the media have been pitching?

And now we have Our Military shooting down a Syrian/Russian Mig - challenging Russia's puppet Assad?

Russia Threatens To Retaliate Against US Planes For Downing of Syrian Jet

https://www.weaselzippers.us/344570-russia-threatens-to-retaliate-against-us-planes-for-downing-of-syrian-jet/

AND:

Stronger NATO Presence In Baltic Has Putin Worried

https://www.weaselzippers.us/344641-stronger-nato-presence-in-baltic-has-putin-worried/

As for the Admin's sloppy conduct:

Trump's background. He is used to being able to Fire people who butt heads with him.

He can't Fire Congress, and unfortunately he's learning it the hard way.

The people who can fire Congress are the voters.

He needs to be making his case to them, in scripted, televised addresses rather than snarky tweets.

Explain to the Voters why what he wants to do is in their best interest.

Give them facts and figures from the CBO and other accounting organizations.

Then let the Voters melt the Congressional switchboards FOR HIM.

I don't think there is likely to be any "there" there.  As I said, " I doubt seriously any substantive collusion will be found"; however, I still fail to see how sanctioning these 38 individuals and entities somehow disproves or otherwise "blows away" the collusion accusations.  :shrug:  I'm trying to understand the cause and effect that points to Trump and his campaign blowing away the collusion accusations.  Apparently there isn't any..........yet  22222frying pan 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:11:10 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.