Author Topic: Time to let the American people elect the US attorney general  (Read 463 times)

Online corbe

Time to let the American people elect the US attorney general

By Bruce J. Einhorn, opinion contributor - 06/20/17 09:20 AM EDT

For 11 years, I served as a prosecutor and supervisory attorney in the criminal division of the U.S. Department of Justice. I made my bones at the DOJ as a prosecutor, before I was honored with appointment to the federal bench. During my time at the DOJ, through both Democratic and Republican administrations, I received nothing but unequivocal support for my work from my superiors, including the political appointees who ran the department. I am deeply grateful to have served at the DOJ, the nation’s law firm.

Unfortunately, under the present administration, the DOJ has become a demoralized and dysfunctional place, due to what I believe is a lack of honesty and integrity of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the contempt shown to the nonpartisan lawyers of the department  by an arrogant, self-centered, and possibly corrupt president.

Within months of his confirmation as attorney general, it was discovered that Sessions had lied (he contends it wasn’t intentional) to Congress and on his federal employment forms regarding the number of contacts he had with Russian officials. Sessions’ dishonesty forced him to recuse himself from any investigations conducted by the DOJ of President Trump, his campaign, and White House staffers regarding their contacts with influential Russians.

However, it seems as though Sessions’ recusal from TrumpGate has increased his open supplication to the president. Sessions’ demonstrated obeisance to the president at the sake of his loyalty to DOJ officials in his charge showed when he left the Oval Office without objection in response to Trump’s instruction, to allow the president to directly ask then-FBI Director James Comey to back off investigating former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/338536-its-time-we-let-the-american-people-elect-the-us
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rodamala

Re: Time to let the American people elect the US attorney general
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 02:22:15 pm »
Um. No.  See what a shitshow 17A has brought forth.

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Time to let the American people elect the US attorney general
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 04:52:29 pm »
Agreed! Not just no but HELL NO!