Author Topic: Report Corroborates Sekulow: No Investigation of Trump  (Read 473 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Report Corroborates Sekulow: No Investigation of Trump
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:12:52 pm »
dailycaller
Kevin Daley
Legal Affairs Reporter
12:06 PM 06/18/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/18/report-corroborates-sekulow-no-investigation-of-trump/

Robert Mueller, special counsel for the inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, has not yet decided to investigate President Donald Trump for obstruction of justice, ABC’s senior justice correspondent Pierre Thomas reports.

The Washington Post reported earlier this week that Mueller has expanded his probe to include the president’s conduct and has arranged interviews with senior administration officials to assess the nature of their own communications with Trump regarding the Russia investigation. Thomas’ reporting confirms those interview will take place, though he cautions Mueller has not yet decided to conduct a full-scale investigation and describes this stage of this inquiry as “preliminary.”

“Now my sources are telling me that he’s begun some preliminary planning, plans to talk to some people in the administration, but he has not made that momentous decision to go for a full-scale investigation,” he said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Jay Sekulow, one of the attorneys the president has retained to represent him in the investigation, told John Dickerson on “Face the Nation” that the president is not under investigation.

“The president is not and has not been under investigation.” he said.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Report Corroborates Sekulow: No Investigation of Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:55:49 pm »
If Trump is still not under investigation, why has special counsel been appointed?  For what purpose? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Re: Report Corroborates Sekulow: No Investigation of Trump
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:42:04 am »
If Trump is still not under investigation, why has special counsel been appointed?  For what purpose?

"Mueller has been assigned to probe Russia’s alleged interference in the 2016 election, which the FBI had been pursuing, with Justice Department approval. Mueller’s authority specifically includes “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.” Rosenstein’s directive also says Mueller can pursue “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation,” including crimes like perjury or obstruction of justice."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/18/donald-trump-special-prosecutor-questions-238536

Trump has not been under investigation up to this point. That could change however the only one that has stated Trump is under investigation is Trump. And then his attorney who then said he wasn't.

Mueller does have the authority to expand his investigation if evidence points in other directions. That is how most investigations work.