Author Topic: Dressing For Everyday Carry Success  (Read 1434 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Dressing For Everyday Carry Success
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:25:34 pm »
There is a lot more to carrying concealed than simply throwing a t-shirt over your rig. You have to change your style and lifestyle to accommodate your everyday carry gun, and the rest of your load-out. Or do you?

Clothing challenges

Concealed means concealed. But does concealed mean donating your wardrobe to Goodwill and wearing multi-pocket cargo pants and loose-fitting untucked shirts? Your clothing choices should support the level of concealment required for your chosen handgun, and any other defensive tools you may carry (e.g. spare magazines, knife, flashlight, etc.). Or is that the other way around?

Believe it or not, the biggest challenge some new concealed carriers face is the realization they can’t carry the Mk1Mod0 blaster they use on the weekends. They don’t want to or can’t change their clothing style — such as buying pants one or two sizes larger than normal to fit a larger gun in an inside-the-waistband holster — to accommodate their favorite full-sized firearm.

And that’s OK. I believe in living your life to the full while carrying concealed. Whether you’re working, hanging out with your family or attending social events, you shouldn’t let your firearm interfere with enjoying the one life God has blessed you with. It’s best to work your concealment requirements around your lifestyle.

If you’re unwilling or unable to change your dress to conceal a particular firearm, so be it. As Shakespeare said, clothes maketh the man. Your sense of style is important to your sense of self and social success. But don’t simply give up. Give yourself . . .

Multiple Carry Options (One Is None)

I consider it standard practice to have a primary, secondary and backup method for carrying concealed, so I can carry comfortably no matter what I’m doing: playing with the kids, hiking, commuting, working, shopping, fixing stuff around the house, whatever. This approach has allowed me to navigate my life armed while blending in or actually looking presentable in high society events.

There’s a wide variety of carry systems to choose from, including inside-the-waistband, outside-the-waistband, appendix and shoulder holsters. You can pocket carry, ankle carry or carry in a belly band or “fanny pack.” You can carry off-body; in a briefcase, backpack or vehicle. But remember: it’s not either/or. It’s three!

Can one gun cater to all these carry methods? Probably not. I recommend owning, carrying and practicing with at least two guns: a larger and a smaller firearm. And yes I know that all this costs time and money. The good news is once you settle on a couple of good guns and three carry methods, you’re set. That said, you face . . .

Gun challenges

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/05/jeff-gonzales/jeff-gonzales-dressing-for-everyday-carry-success/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Dressing For Everyday Carry Success
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 05:55:54 am »
Oddly enough I find it easier to dress for carrying in the Summer. Reason being I wear overside Hawaiian style shirts untucked over cargo shorts. In the winter a lot of whàt I wear is tucked in.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

Re: Dressing For Everyday Carry Success
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 12:00:21 pm »
And for the ladies, the Well Armed Woman is a resource for holsters, carry purses, etc.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org