Author Topic: Scott Pelley: D.C. Attack on Congressmen Was 'to Some Degree Self-Inflicted'  (Read 1263 times)

rangerrebew

Scott Pelley: D.C. Attack on Congressmen Was 'to Some Degree Self-Inflicted'
By Tom Blumer | June 18, 2017 8:44 PM EDT

Thursday evening, CBS's Scott Pelley, who officially ended his tenure as the network's Evening News anchor the following evening, told viewers that "It's time to ask whether the attack on the United States Congress Wednesday was foreseeable, predictable and, to some degree, self-inflicted."

It's clear from Pelley's subsequent commentary that his answers to all three elements are "Yes." It's equally clear from the examples he supplied as support that he sees (or wants viewers to see) the problem as predominantly about the conduct of those on the right.

Here is Pelley's full commentary:

http://www.newsbusters.org/print/193996
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:17:17 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yet another liberal giving either an explicit or implicit ok for more violence. What a surprise.
The Republic is lost.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yet another liberal giving either an explicit or implicit ok for more violence. What a surprise.

My long-time best friend -- nearly 40 years,  is very liberal, and supported Bernie.  Despite that, we've always been able to discuss politics in a civil manner.  Dude just went off the deep end on me.  Said Trump was evil, and that everyone who supported him is evil.

I questioned what was meant by "support'.  I said I don't quite understand the context outside of an election where you are required to cast an actual vote, and said that I support him when I agree with him, and don't support him when I don't.  Asked to clarify, I said I supported Gorsuch, thought the AHCA was better than the ACA, supported deregulation, and support tightening illegal immigration.  He then said "yes, that makes you evil."

It's really pretty stunning if you think about it.  Taking a contrary position on issues on which people have long-disagreed now amounts to actual evil, and that's not just with respect to this now former friend. There are a lot of people on the left who equate repealing the ACA with actual evil, and trying to kill people.  With that kind of mindset out there, it's no wonder we're seeing more and more violence.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Best response I ever heard to a male liberal : After a long screed by a liberal coworker, a guy responded "Well, we now know what your wife believes anyway".
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:49:06 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Best response I ever heard to a male liberal : After a long screed by a liberal coworker, a guy responded "Well, we now know what your wife believes anyway".

:laugh:

I'm tucking that one away in a back pocket for later use.  Thanks!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
My long-time best friend -- nearly 40 years,  is very liberal, and supported Bernie.  Despite that, we've always been able to discuss politics in a civil manner.  Dude just went off the deep end on me.  Said Trump was evil, and that everyone who supported him is evil.

I questioned what was meant by "support'.  I said I don't quite understand the context outside of an election where you are required to cast an actual vote, and said that I support him when I agree with him, and don't support him when I don't.  Asked to clarify, I said I supported Gorsuch, thought the AHCA was better than the ACA, supported deregulation, and support tightening illegal immigration.  He then said "yes, that makes you evil."

It's really pretty stunning if you think about it.  Taking a contrary position on issues on which people have long-disagreed now amounts to actual evil, and that's not just with respect to this now former friend. There are a lot of people on the left who equate repealing the ACA with actual evil, and trying to kill people.  With that kind of mindset out there, it's no wonder we're seeing more and more violence.

Ironic considering that these are the people who demand Separation of Church and State, yet they use moralistic word like evil all the time.

Bottom line is it's a cult, and it's people act just like brainwashed members.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ironic considering that these are the people who demand Separation of Church and State, yet they use moralistic word like evil all the time.

Not surprising to me at all.  I'm seeing a lot of liberals telling us we're un-Christlike, and if we were true conservatives we would adopt their approaches.  We have a fellow that espouses those views right here.  I see it as a practical application of the Alinski rule about redefining the enemy's rules to the point they are impossible to follow, then hold them to it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

They don't want to believe in any absolutes, so their concepts of good and evil are remarkably fluid.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
http://www.newsbusters.org/video/scott-pelley-boehner-do-you-practice-scowl
I remember the interview Pelley conducted with John Boehner a couple of years ago when he showed his colors by asking Boehner if he practiced his scowl. (Close your eyes and try to picture Pelley asking such a question of a Dem Speaker of the House. Couldn't imagine it, could you?  **nononono*) I desperately wanted to ask the pugnacious, condescending little puke if he practiced that ever present "who farted?" expression on his face.

"Journalists" like him give license to nutjobs like Hodgkinson to nurture their hatred to the point of violence. Maj. Bill Martin's former friend is a prime example of the brain washing:

He then said "yes, that makes you evil."
Let's hope he's not as unbalanced as Hodgkinson, but you just never know where liberalism will lead.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHCxuuaTWq8&feature=youtu.be

All anyone needs to know about Pelly is that he was trained under Walter Cronkite and then Dan Rather!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Joe Wooten

:laugh:

I'm tucking that one away in a back pocket for later use.  Thanks!

Same here.....