Author Topic: New Liberal Narrative: DeVos Doesn’t Care About Civil Rights in Education  (Read 585 times)

rangerrebew

New Liberal Narrative: DeVos Doesn’t Care About Civil Rights in Education

Posted by Mike LaChance      Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 7:30pm

If you’re wondering why President Trump’s Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos needs millions of dollars in security, this is one of the reasons. DeVos is trying to make improvements in her department but is being predictably cast as someone who doesn’t care about civil rights.

Erica L. Green writes at the New York Times:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/06/new-liberal-narrative-devos-doesnt-care-about-civil-rights-in-education/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:14:11 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Her staff hires don't bear that out, but when did facts matter to Progressives.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
"DeVos is trying to make improvements in her department but is being predictably cast as someone who doesn’t care about civil rights."

All well and good!

It's too much "caring" about "civil rights" that has gotten American public education into the mess that it's in now.

Stop the obsession with "rights" and teach basics instead. Reading, writing, arithmetic, history.

Bravo to Ms. DeVos!

rangerrebew

I really wonder how many of these progressives who are bashing DeVos could tell me who the Sec. of Ed. was under Obama?  The point is no one has cared particularly about the position until Trump was POTUS.