Author Topic: Georgia special election hurtles toward nail-biting finish  (Read 10404 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Georgia special election hurtles toward nail-biting finish
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2017, 10:40:10 pm »
I just saw this on the Net.  The libs are all out on this election.  If only California could vote as well as contribute.

Georgia Democrat Jon Ossoff raised funds from 8.9 times as many donors in California than donors in Georgia between March 29 and May 31, according to his latest campaign finance reporting.

Ossoff, a 30-year old documentary filmmaker, faces Republican Karen Handel in a special election Tuesday to replace former Republican Rep. Tom Price who accepted President Donald Trump’s offer to serve as secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2017, 11:18:22 pm »
Is snark your only weapon?

@Emjay

You think that was a weapon? It was nothing more than a simple observation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2017, 11:24:05 pm »

@DiogenesLamp

1994.   The year we bitch slapped Bill Clinton.    We rocked the establishment that year,   but then they struck back.   

Remember all the gloating a lot of those idiots in DC and on FR were doing about all the Dims switching party allegiances?  These dummies actually thought changing a label was the same thing as changing convictions. I kept trying to tell them to be careful about what they were asking for lest they get it,but they didn't listen to me or to anyone else.

Next thing you know Newt is drummed out of Congress on some bogus charges with the help of his "fellow Republicans" that would have been laughed away if he had been a Dim,and for the next 10  years or so he couldn't buy a slot on a Sunday teebee news show.

Then again,it's been hard to tell a Republican from a Dim for the last couple of decades if they weren't wearing their label.

McVeigh was certainly bad luck.   All he did was help the Washington establishment. 

No surprise there. It seemed pretty obvious to most of us back then that the establishment in DC were well aware of what McVeigh was up to,and were even funding him. He was their tool,though,not their helper. I believe he was totally unaware that he was being led to the bombing.

The fact is the crime-fighters in the feral goobermint screwed up. I don't believe for a minute they planned on the bomb actually going off. I think the plan was for them to come riding to the rescue and disarm the bomb in the last few minutes,reminding the goobers on teebee that they were on the job protecting them against the right-wing crazies,and they had nothing to worry about as long as they were given more arrest powers and could confiscate guns to keep militias from forming.

And then McVeigh threw a monkey wrench in their plans by setting the bomb off early,or they overslept. One or the other.

Hell,the guy that owned the White Power camp where McVeigh and his bud "did all the planning" and testing bombs and fuses was a freaking paid FEEB informer.

Quickest way to find a Feeb in the wild is go to a Kluxxer,Klan,or militia meeting.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:32:55 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2017, 12:50:06 am »
Today, I received three live calls from Ossoft supporters, and two robo-calls from the Republican side - one with a message from Noot, whom I detest.

The Republicans didn't do themselves any favors when they crushed the grass roots movement during the primaries.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2017, 01:13:19 am »
Interesting point I never thought of.

I remember well the rise of Gingrich and the "back benchers". They got a lot done. I had similar hopes with the Pubs controlling the House, Senate and Presidency. So far I see no reason to believe those hopes will be fulfilled. Reading the posts of those that keep saying "be patient", "we just need more conservatives" I can't help but think they have beaten wife syndrome. Their husband beats them and they won't leave them because they "love" him. The Pubs won't just see me walk away from voting for them if they don't fulfill their promises. They will also see my donations go to a 3rd party. Enough is Enough it's time to put up.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2017, 01:32:07 am »
What I do know is that some people sound like they want the Georgia democrat to win because they are mad at the Republicans.
That is soo weird.  Last election I thought some people sounded like they wanted a NY liberal to win because they were mad at Republican's.  Now that they got who they wanted, and I've abandonded the GOP, they keep blaming me because their guy is a liberal.  I don't care.  I gave up last year, and all I can do is laugh and laugh while the country burns.

:silly:

Hopefully the POTUS is all you expected and dreamed for.

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2017, 01:40:20 am »
The Republicans didn't do themselves any favors when they crushed the grass roots movement during the primaries.

who needs Republicans like
Ted Cruz
Rand Paul
Marco Rubio
Orrin Hatch
John McCain
Mcconnell, Cornyn, Thune, Lee, and all the rest.

They need to GO!
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!!!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2017, 02:00:25 am »
That is soo weird.  Last election I thought some people sounded like they wanted a NY liberal to win because they were mad at Republican's.  Now that they got who they wanted, and I've abandonded the GOP, they keep blaming me because their guy is a liberal.  I don't care.  I gave up last year, and all I can do is laugh and laugh while the country burns.

I'm not blaming you.  Apparently, you're having a good time.  Congrats.  The President is not what I expected.  I wasn't for him but I'm glad he won and he's been better than I expected.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2017, 02:02:33 am »
who needs Republicans like
Ted Cruz
Rand Paul
Marco Rubio
Orrin Hatch
John McCain
Mcconnell, Cornyn, Thune, Lee, and all the rest.

They need to GO!
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!!!

Are you saying McCain, McConnell and Cornyn are part of our last best hope?

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2017, 02:49:37 am »
Are you saying McCain, McConnell and Cornyn are part of our last best hope?
I used to say they were better than rats.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2017, 08:30:08 am »
Interesting point I never thought of.

I remember well the rise of Gingrich and the "back benchers". They got a lot done. I had similar hopes with the Pubs controlling the House, Senate and Presidency. So far I see no reason to believe those hopes will be fulfilled. Reading the posts of those that keep saying "be patient", "we just need more conservatives" I can't help but think they have beaten wife syndrome. Their husband beats them and they won't leave them because they "love" him.

@bilo

And there ya have it,nicely tied up with a ribbon on it. There is no such thing as "one step too far for those people. They will always call us traitors no matter how much their beloved Party Leaders pimp them out.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2017, 08:33:22 am »

@Once-Ler

You're just pissy because none of your "business as usual" party favorites won.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 08:36:31 am »

@Once-Ler

See? This is nothing new. You have been delusional for years.

McCain, McConnell and Cornyn,ARE rats. Never really been anything else.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 01:09:58 pm »

So what?  This doesn't answer my question @Once-Ler

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 06:54:26 pm »
@Hoodat

Thanks for your post.  You are saying the Republicans won't show up due to Trump/other Republicans not getting the job done, so some/many aren't going to vote?  And, somehow Dems got thousands of new voters registered between the election and now?  It will be interesting to see the results of this election.

It will be interesting to see how it comes out.  The Democrats have bet the farm on winning this and I think it will be more devastating for them if they lose this than it will be for Republicans if they lose.

That being said and not to be critical, but would you vote for this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:53 pm »
Got a door visit yesterday from Ossoft's people which I regretfully missed.  So far today, three robo-calls, one from Andrew Young, and a fourth live call from the DCCC.  After asking that guy if he lived in the district, I got him to admit over the phone that his call was basically from a special interest.

Compare that to the young woman yesterday who was telling me that Ossoft would represent this district while Handel represents special interests.  That woman also did not live in the 6th district.  But she was also unaware that Ossoft didn't either.  Hers was also a special interest call, which completes the hypocrisy of her pitch.

Polls close in approximately 140 minutes.  Hopefully, that will end the calls and knocks at the door.  The Dems have gone all in on this race (which is more than I can say for the GOP).  I really hope their efforts are wasted.  But I would instead rather have a Republican party that was responsive to the people in this district rather than a rubber stamp for whatever sellout Speaker Ryan pushes forth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2017, 09:00:43 pm »
Now, a recorded message from 88-year-old John Conyers telling me to go out and vote to stop Trump and protect Obama's legacy.

Of course if Obama had exhibited any leadership ability at all and wasn't so lazy, he could have worked with Congress and gotten his legacy passed into law instead of simply signing off on easily reversible executive orders.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2017, 10:53:49 pm »
@Once-Ler

You're just pissy because none of your "business as usual" party favorites won.

I'm pissy because Trump won, instead of a human candidate.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2017, 10:57:10 pm »
@Hoodat

Let's try to keep this thread showing on the board the rest of today until the results are known.  From your excellent reporting, the effort put in by the Dems, may give them this win.

What do you think at this time?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2017, 11:11:29 pm »
It will be interesting to see how it comes out.  The Democrats have bet the farm on winning this and I think it will be more devastating for them if they lose this than it will be for Republicans if they lose.

@Emjay

I agree. It will rank right up there with Bubbette! losing twice. They have spent a fortune paying new people to register and vote. Finding and registering 36,000 new voters in a month or two ain't cheap.

That being said and not to be critical, but would you vote for this?

Well,if I were a parasite enjoying being retired at 18 with free housing,free food,free  utilities,free clothes,free medical care,AND a check coming in each money,you bet I would!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2017, 11:15:45 pm »
I'm pissy because Trump won, instead of a human candidate.

@Once-Ler

Yeah,you would have been ecstatic if it had been JEB or Lady Lindsey,right?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2017, 12:55:44 am »
Ossoff only had a 1500 vote advantage in early voting. Projection is leaning slightly toward Handel at the moment.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2017, 12:55:58 am »
WTF has happened to Georgia? Why is this even close? Just heard that Johns Creek area, a stones throw from my former home, is going for the lib. Wow.

https://decisiondeskhq.com/results/georgia-sixth-congressional-district-special/
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/ossoff-handel-live-results-georgia-south-carolina-election/530994/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/georgia-south-carolina-special-elections/?

Looks like the mainstream media might actually have some good news for a change.

And all it took was more money than has ever been spent in a congressional race.