Author Topic: Georgia special election hurtles toward nail-biting finish  (Read 10624 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Georgia special election hurtles toward nail-biting finish
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2017, 02:20:23 am »

My Lord!  It's like a precious painting.
It's beautiful.

In light of the anguish of the Lame Stream Media, I am forced to concede whatever point I was trying to make...I feel discombobulated with the joy of schadenfreude

Thank you President Trump for making this moment happen.

Looking forward to the end of Obamacare, an end to the daily sacrifice to Satan of the unborn, and some working class tax cuts.

In all seriousness...it is a really nice screenshot RiV.  It put a smile on my face, so thank you for sharing it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:23:33 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2017, 02:21:46 am »
Republican wins South Carolina special election
Politico, Jun 20, 2017

Republican Ralph Norman has won South Carolina’s special House election to replace Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney in Congress.

Norman defeated Democrat Archie Parnell in a closer than expected race for South Carolina’s 5th Distrct on Tuesday night. Norman had 52 percent of the vote to Parnell’s 48 percent when the Associated Press called the race with 89 percent of precincts reporting.

Norman, a conservative hardliner in the state legislature who won a primary runoff against a more moderate opponent with the help of the Club for Growth, has said he would join the House Freedom Caucus if elected.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/20/republican-wins-south-carolina-special-election-239783

« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2017, 02:22:47 am »

In all seriousness...it is a really nice screenshot RiV.  It put a smile on my face, so thank you for sharing it.

You're welcome .... even though I can't take credit for it.   ^-^

Offline endicom

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2017, 02:33:39 am »
He didn't even live in the state did he???

Not sure, but even more stupid if true.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2017, 02:36:28 am »
Some nail biter. This turned out just like everyone outside of DC thought it would. A GOPer won a GOP seat.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2017, 02:36:28 am »
Truly. THE very worst, most fundamental mistake you can make in politics is to not live in the district you're running in.

Even worse, he was living at his girlfriend's who was a student.  Didn't even have his own place.  Nor did he have the decency to propose after seven years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2017, 02:38:50 am »
Not sure, but even more stupid if true.

Apparently he does in live in Georgia. My mistake.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2017, 02:40:07 am »
He didn't even live in the state did he???

Yes, he was shacking up an Emory student northwest of Decatur.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2017, 02:41:50 am »
Even worse, he was living at his girlfriend's who was a student.  Didn't even have his own place.  Nor did he have the decency to propose after seven years.

So their great white hope was some shiftless poseur? I am now truly astounded at how media hype can transform someone that sketchy to a juggernaut candidate that's going to roll over the Republicans.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2017, 02:43:05 am »
So .. you prefer a loss and a waste of the money spent?  Fascinating.   :pondering:

"Mr. Ossoff’s defeat will likely prompt soul-searching among Democrats about what it will take to flip Republican-held seats in the 2018 midterm fight for control of the House, given that such a vast effort in Georgia fell short. More than $31 million was poured into the Ossoff campaign by donors and outside groups."

THEY spent the most money and made the biggest effort according to our Georgia expert. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2017, 02:46:07 am »
People like me, who share my brain. I give it to Trump worse than anybody here. But I'd never actually cross over to vote Democrat and am smart enough to recognize that Trump, right or wrong, is distinct from most GOP.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2017, 02:47:58 am »
So their great white hope was some shiftless poseur? I am now truly astounded at how media hype can transform someone that sketchy to a juggernaut candidate that's going to roll over the Republicans.

Another illustration of how empty the Dem's bullpen is.  They desperately wanted to win this ... spent a boatload of money but selected this empty suit, teen size.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2017, 02:58:23 am »

Quickest way to find a Feeb in the wild is go to a Kluxxer,Klan,or militia meeting.

They're pretty easy to find, even in just a gunowner's (shooting) club. They are usually the one(s) in the room shouting (loudest) to blow things up, or raid an armory or burn something down or something like that. The more Felonies that can be attached to even talking about it (Conspiracy to...) the more likely they are either Federal Agents or absolute idiots, and either way, they are people you want to discourage from that sort of rhetoric. If they persist, it may be time to get out of there. Nowadays you never know who is taping whom, and you might not want your face in the video.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:59:28 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2017, 03:11:22 am »
People like me, who share my brain. I give it to Trump worse than anybody here. But I'd never actually cross over to vote Democrat and am smart enough to recognize that Trump, right or wrong, is distinct from most GOP.

Both candidates that won tonight ran on the Trump agenda and had his endorsement.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2017, 03:13:31 am »
I think Jeb would've gotten more done than Trump that's for sure.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Yeah,it would have been hard to tell that Bubbette! hadn't won.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2017, 03:24:37 am »
People like me, who share my brain.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Yeah,you should stop sharing it while you are still able to remember to breathe.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

• Technical
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2017, 03:26:13 am »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Yeah,you should stop sharing it while you are still able to remember to breathe.

Haha better than being a fake tough guy like you.

• Technical
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2017, 03:27:25 am »
Both candidates that won tonight ran on the Trump agenda and had his endorsement.

I don't see Handell at as "running on the Trump agenda". As for endorsement, meh.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2017, 03:32:31 am »
I don't see Handell at as "running on the Trump agenda". As for endorsement, meh.

Well as of this writing, your favored Presidential candidate who didn't win one state in the primary is sitting at home speaking Spanish with his wife while Donny is getting GOPers elected and having the Rats to spin off the rails.

« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2017, 03:33:13 am »

Handell is for lower taxes, the wall, defunding PP, repealing and replacing ObamaCare ....

I guess you missed the part where the crowd broke out in a sustained chant of "Trump! Trump! Trump!" when she thanked the President for his support during her victory speech.  Methinks that strong support meant a lot more than "meh" to the voters in the 6th District of Georgia.   888blackhat

• Technical
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2017, 03:36:26 am »
Well as of this writing, your favored Presidential candidate who didn't win one state in the primary is sitting at home speaking Spanish with his wife while Donny is getting GOPers elected and having the Rats to spin off the rails.

Great. What is going on with Trump lately btw? What has him and the GOP passed? More EO's that will be overturned next time a Dem is elected? I voted for Trump to save the USSC. Be nice to have anything resembling a GOP agenda.

Wee little frankie is too excited by the glitz of winning a barely relevant election in GA to get anything meaningful done.

• Technical
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2017, 03:38:27 am »
Handell is for lower taxes, the wall, defunding PP, repealing and replacing ObamaCare ....

Pretty boilerplate GOP stuff with the possible exception of the wall.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2017, 03:38:44 am »

She has me up until the word 'replacing'.  Handel is also a free trade supporter.