Author Topic: Ted Cruz says Russia investigation shouldn't become 'fishing expedition'  (Read 528 times)

Offline libertybele

It sure seems like a fishing expedition; the investigation should have ended with Comey.  Comey should have been subpoenaed and Clinton should have been investigated.  Instead special counsel is now investigating this President, though Comey finally stated that he wasn't under investigation to begin with!  I'm not so sure that I agree with Cruz that Mueller is honorable.  It seems to me that Trump should fire both Mueller and Rosenstein.

Ted Cruz says Russia investigation shouldn't become 'fishing expedition'

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said Friday that he hoped the investigation into Russia's involvement in the 2016 presidential election and that country's ties to President Donald Trump's campaign won't turn into a "fishing expedition."

"Bob Mueller is a good and honorable man, but I certainly hope that the appointment of a special counsel doesn't turn into a fishing expedition," Cruz said during a stop in Arlington. "There's a reason that special counsels and independent counsels have gone adrift in the past. It's because they allowed their mandate to encompass everything in a massive fishing expedition. That would be an abuse of the terms of the appointment, so I hope that's not happening."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/donald-trump-1/2017/06/16/ted-cruz-says-russia-investigation-become-fishing-expedition
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

It sure seems like a fishing expedition; the investigation should have ended with Comey.

We've been down this road before and recently. An ostensible investigation of Russian interference in US elections remains fixed on Trump, Flynn, Kushner, Manafort, Card...

Is there nothing to investigate in the Clinton and Sanders camps?

Offline libertybele

We've been down this road before and recently. An ostensible investigation of Russian interference in US elections remains fixed on Trump, Flynn, Kushner, Manafort, Card...

Is there nothing to investigate in the Clinton and Sanders camps?

Not so sure about the Sanders camp, but certainly with Clinton.  She is still well isolated with Comey's help.  President Trump made a grave mistake by appointing Rosenstein.  He worked, or was involved in some capacity in the administrations of Clinton, Bush, and Bammy.  What was he thinking?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.