Author Topic: Rep. Steve Scalise Working On Abolishing Human Trafficking And Child Predators. The Shooter Was A Left Wing Activist, Who Had Abused His Foster Children.  (Read 1208 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Maybe this article is from a more reputable source and will be more acceptable to tptb...

"Rep. Steve Scalise, the third ranking member of House Republican leadership as the majority whip, along with at least five other people, including a member of the Capitol police force, were shot Wednesday in Alexandria, Virginia.  This occurred during the Republicans’ early-morning practice ahead of a charity baseball game.  A congressional staffer, Zach Barth, was also shot in the leg and has since been released from the hospital. Matt Mika, a lobbyist for Tyson Foods and former congressional staffer, was also identified as one of those shot."

"“One of our greatest American values is our strong belief in the inherent worth of every human life. Human trafficking is a direct assault on this core value, and it affects millions of victims who need our help,” Rep. Scalise said."

"Federal law enforcement officials identified the alleged shooter as James Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Illinois, who died following a shootout with authorities.  He was a left-wing activist and had been involved in domestic abuse.  He was, also, a foster parent, who had abused his foster daughter terribly.  In April 2006, Hodgkinson was arrested for battery, domestic battery and discharging a firearm, after he allegedly physically assaulted his foster daughter and two of her friends."

"Further, and this is unbelievable and so tragic, almost a decade earlier, another foster daughter living with Hodgkinson and his wife had killed herself at the age of 17, according to the Belleville News-Democrat. The daughter, Wanda Ashley Stock, doused herself with gasoline and set herself on fire inside a car."

"It is also known that the shooter, James Hodgkinson, worked for Bernie Sanders presidential campaign, and was a follower of David Brock’s media matters, disturbing new reports have also revealed that two children suspiciously died in his care."

"The congressman has been taken to the same hospital that Seth Rich reportedly died at, he’s said to be in critical condition, and is currently undergoing surgery. Was this an attempt at another politically motivated murder by the deep state?"

Maybe this is just normal behavior for a Democrat and no connection should be made, but... being at the same hospital that Seth Rich died at can't be a good sign...

http://investmentwatchblog.com/rep-steve-scalise-working-on-abolishing-human-trafficking-and-child-predators-the-shooter-was-a-left-wing-activist-who-had-abused-his-foster-children/

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:45:26 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I posted a link to youtube video about this subject on another thread. I put it down as nuts. But maybe in the grand scheme there is some truth there.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GourmetDan

I posted a link to youtube video about this subject on another thread. I put it down as nuts. But maybe in the grand scheme there is some truth there.

Shooting not as random as originally believed?

EXCLUSIVE: Assassination List Found On James Hodgkinson’s Body

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline anubias

The man didn't do his homework very well as he talked to Duncan in the parking lot.  Duncan was on the list.

Thank God the man was stupid and had poor aim.

Offline GourmetDan

The man didn't do his homework very well as he talked to Duncan in the parking lot.  Duncan was on the list.

Thank God the man was stupid and had poor aim.

Unless he's just a patsy... a dead patsy, but a patsy nonetheless...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Unless he's just a patsy... a dead patsy, but a patsy nonetheless...
Note, what might be characterized as "tinfoil moments" are in small font.

I'm thinking of what the doctor said about removing the bullet in the press conference. He said he would guess there were 'hundreds of fragments'. (starting at 6:44) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gQrXGGd5ys&feature=youtu.be Post 16 here, by @Right_in_Virginia , whom I thank for that update

Some of those fragments referred to may well be splinters and crumbs of bone, but...
If the rifle was firing 7.62 X 39 rounds (AK-47/SKS ammo), I can't think of any of those ordinary full metal jacket, soft point or even hollow point bullets available from most ammo outlets in factory loads that should have fragmented that severely...

...but fragmentation thwarts recovery of the fragments and makes ballistics comparisons almost impossible.  That makes identifying the ammo, and the caliber problematical, which could conceal the actions of a second, more professsional, shooter.

Chances are that someone new to shooting would lack the expertise to hand load more exotic bullets, and might not be knowledgeable enough to purchase a higher grade of ammo.

So, unless the shooter acquired more expensive more frangible ammo made for training purposes for LEOs and also available on civilian markets for self-defense ammo to prevent overpenetration, "hundreds of fragments" seem unusual. Even punching through bone--though that would depend on whether the head of the femur and the hip joint were involved. Going through the Iliac crest the bone is thinner and I would not think it would fragment a bullet so badly.

Note: The statement may be an excusable exaggeration on the part of the physician to impress upon the press that the bullet is indeed fragmented and parts of that bullet will not be recovered.

Recovered cartridge cases may indicate whether the ammo was ordinary or more exotic, and if the results of the cartridge case ID don't match the anticipated results from a bullet fired from those manufacturers, perhaps something unusual was going on and the search area needs to be widened (and lengthened) along the path of bullet travel. A professional looking to make the deceased shooter a patsy would likely have fired from a vehicle or hide and recovered any brass. Similar fine fragmentation might be expected on frangible bullet impact with bone as would be anticipated with contact with a steel target.

That ammo might be able to be tracked to the shooter, and the composition of the bullet is sometimes compressed copper, not the ordinary lead or steel core found in most military surplus or newly made 7.62X39 ammo. If that ammunition is not frangible ammo, is the fragmentation normal (as in what would be expected) from bullets likely to have been fired from recovered cartridge cases?

Granted the Congressman's condition, his health and recovery are of paramount importance, and he should not be placed at risk for the sake of investigation, but an examination of the fragments in available medical images (and any recovered during surgery) may be sufficient to tell that tale, and herald the presence of what may be a deeper threat, should such exist--or, hopefully eliminate it completely.

Now this might sound like I'm trying to make a case for some 'shooter on the grassy knoll'. I am not. I am trying to eliminate such speculation by getting the idea out in the open so it can be debunked now. Please, have at it, but use facts and cite sources, either way. We are lacking those at the moment, and without them, and in the midst of an ongoing investigation those might be hard to come by, all else is just wild-eyed speculation. If no one knows the answers, then someone should look.

I would absolutely love to think this was just some lone-wolf looney Lefty and not a part of something bigger, but the only way I am willing to comfortably conclude that it was 'just one crazy' is to factually eliminate the other possibilities.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

Interesting, but a professional would have been much more effective unless the goal wasn't to kill. Hmmm....

Going with the simple explanation until there's conflicting information.

Offline Smokin Joe

Interesting, but a professional would have been much more effective unless the goal wasn't to kill. Hmmm....

Going with the simple explanation until there's conflicting information.
Which may be entirely correct.

The goal may have been to intimidate, but killing is certainly a possibility.

Don't think the means used to save the man's life were not the best of the best available. It is a brutal wound, and could have been expected to kill under any other circumstance, especially expecting to keep any help at bay for a while. 

But a pro seeking to hide their presence would anticipate probable lethality from that wound, without the level of precision that would give them away. With 5 hits of 50 shots, you wouldn't want a perfect shot among the others, and a pro could make it look amateur.

Just looking at possibilities, and hoping it is a one-off lunatic and just bad luck he hit who he did.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Smokin Joe

Varmints and predators beware! Nosler's ballistic Tip Varmint Bullets are designed for violent expansion upon impact. The bullet is tipped with a polycarbonate tip which rapidly drives back forcing the thin jacket to expand and fragment. The heavy base prevents deformation during firing and the boat-tail design increases the ballistic efficiency of the bullet. This is not loaded ammunition.

We tried some of this type of bullet--reloads. 130 grain, .270.  This bullet does fragment extremely. We shot them into sand filled plastic jugs. The only piece we could find with any size was the thin copper base. My dad shot an antelope in the neck with one, hitting the neckbone broadside. We found tiny copper fragments in the hind quarter meat. The whole body was sprayed with tiny fragments. From a side shot high in the neck.

I don't know about nowadays, this was 25 years ago. The above quote is from a Nosler site. I don't know if there are loaded rounds available now from Nosler or some other manufacturer. From the report it sounds like this type of bullet.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Varmints and predators beware! Nosler's ballistic Tip Varmint Bullets are designed for violent expansion upon impact. The bullet is tipped with a polycarbonate tip which rapidly drives back forcing the thin jacket to expand and fragment. The heavy base prevents deformation during firing and the boat-tail design increases the ballistic efficiency of the bullet. This is not loaded ammunition.

We tried some of this type of bullet--reloads. 130 grain, .270.  This bullet does fragment extremely. We shot them into sand filled plastic jugs. The only piece we could find with any size was the thin copper base. My dad shot an antelope in the neck with one, hitting the neckbone broadside. We found tiny copper fragments in the hind quarter meat. The whole body was sprayed with tiny fragments. From a side shot high in the neck.

I don't know about nowadays, this was 25 years ago. The above quote is from a Nosler site. I don't know if there are loaded rounds available now from Nosler or some other manufacturer. From the report it sounds like this type of bullet.
@bigheadfred Good catch Fred. I have spent much of the afternoon watching ammo tests (for expansion and fragmentation) on You Tube.

Nosler does make 7.62X39 varmint bullets with extreme fragmentation ( on SSA 7.62x39mm 123 grain FB Tipped Ammo, currently out of stock), as does Georgia Arms ammo. Corbon manufactures 108gr. MPG HP Ammo (also out of stock), which is frangible ammo, also. Most purpose designed frangible ammo uses a bullet made of sintered copper and not lead. Recovery of the bullet fragments and/or tip would indicate which is which if that type of ammo was used. Unless the shooter had access to some component bullets (which are sold as components for reloading/handloading ammo), I would think cartridge cases would match the ammo unless those were handloads, and recovered cartridge cases should match recovered projectiles. If not, perhaps there was something beyond just one shooter. Again, unless there is something to indicate this, this is just wild speculation. For security purposes, though, I'd hope there are people checking this line of thought out.

While I would not expect the shooter who was killed to have the level of knowledge to handload ammo because he had not been shooting long, it may be he did take the time to learn, in which case, it owuld be likely that he would at least have a bullet puller and press, or the cartridge cases recovered would likely be boxer primed and brass, instead of the berdan primed, steel case cheaper East bloc manufacture ammo.

I am not generally a varmint hunter (don't tell the prairie dogs or gophers, or likely I'll have to take it up) and have no use for this sort of high fragmentation ammo. The only frangible rounds I see a use for are pistol rounds for self-defense.

BTW, these are more expensive than the average cartridge, running in the mid-30s for a box of 20, if they are in stock.

Looking at more standard (common) ammo fired into water,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wcgoGfMt_A shows less extreme fragmentation (about 4:10 in the video) than described in Rep. Scalise's wound. The Brown Bear hollow point ammo showed the greatest fragmentation in this water test, the soft points (Golden Bear) did not fragment much beyond jacket separation (about 4:40).

Another video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-tzEvw8hvc shows that 2 of 3 TulAmmo hollow point rounds fragmented extensively (one not at all).

I'm hanging a lot of speculation on the doctor's description of fragments of the bullet, and that may be a mischaracterization of hyperbole, to try to explain to the idiot press (who have watched doctor shows, no doubt) why the bullet will not be recovered (in one piece, like with Jack Kennedy), and many of the fragments may never be. They have other fish to fry right now, just keeping Rep. Scalise alive.

C S Lewis

Offline GourmetDan

Note, what might be characterized as "tinfoil moments" are in small font.

Of course, we remember that the whole sensitivity to being labeled a 'conspiracy theorist' derives from CIA use of the idea to discredit anyone who questioned the official government story of the JFK assassination.

IMO, our society would be much healthier with a generous dose of skepticism toward anything 'official' from our government... any government's motivations are generally the exact opposite of a free society and its citizens...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Of course, we remember that the whole sensitivity to being labeled a 'conspiracy theorist' derives from CIA use of the idea to discredit anyone who questioned the official government story of the JFK assassination.

IMO, our society would be much healthier with a generous dose of skepticism toward anything 'official' from our government... any government's motivations are generally the exact opposite of a free society and its citizens...

And before that: Lunatic fringe is a term used to characterize members of a political or social movement as extremists with eccentric or fanatical views. The term was popularized by Theodore Roosevelt, who wrote in 1913 that, "Every reform movement has a lunatic fringe."

Offline GourmetDan

And before that: Lunatic fringe is a term used to characterize members of a political or social movement as extremists with eccentric or fanatical views. The term was popularized by Theodore Roosevelt, who wrote in 1913 that, "Every reform movement has a lunatic fringe."

Seems to be a consistent theme... for a consistent purpose...

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, if it is any consolation, when the government pops up right away (before the bodies cool) and says an event is definitely NOT something, usually that's the first thing I look at.
Flight 800, for instance (I know, off topic).
Of course, they might do that just to confuse things, too...

C S Lewis