Author Topic: Media Gaslights Congressional Assassination Attempt After Gaslighting Orlando Terrorist Attack  (Read 631 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
pj media
By Patrick Poole June 15, 2017

[excerpt]

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2017/06/15/media-gaslights-congressional-assassination-attempt-after-gaslighting-orlando-terror-attack-days-earlier/

Last night, I was speaking with my former boss and friend of 20-plus years, Rep. Gary Palmer, who was just feet away from Rep. Steve Scalise on the Alexandria baseball field yesterday when he was shot, about running for his life towards the only open gate on the field while under fire. We were standing behind the crime scene tape where the shooting occurred just hours earlier.

"He was there to kill us," Palmer told me.

But the official media narrative that has emerged over the past 24 hours on the attempted and deliberate assassination attempt of Republican members of Congress is a journalistic Rorschach test of deflection, double standards, non sequiturs, hot takes, fake news, and revisionist history.

The media gaslighting of this incident follows just days after the same media gaslighted last year's Orlando Pulse nightclub attack, which I wrote about here at PJ Media on Monday:

One Year After #PulseNightclub Attack, @orlandosentinel Gaslights Omar Mateen's Motive https://t.co/pqWqJshLsH via @pjmedia_com pic.twitter.com/d444v7DOfE
    — Patrick Poole (@pspoole) June 12, 2017

The media hot takes began early after yesterday's attempted assassination:

We can thank Wolf Blitzer for the dumbest statement (so far) today: "The shooting is believed to be deliberate."
    — Paula Bolyard (@pbolyard) June 14, 2017

Now we see the media this morning framing the attack by blaming Republicans, and namely President Trump, for contributing to a "climate of hate" that has resulted in an incident of "blowback":

Mika: I’m Not Blaming Trump “Squarely” for Scalise Shooting, But . . . https://t.co/SDCW9M1a6m
    — Legal Insurrection (@LegInsurrection) June 15, 2017

Now @msnbc is blaming Trump tweets for rhetoric that led to the shooting by a twisted Bernie Sanders fanatic.
    — Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) June 15, 2017

There's more.

Exactly what we all expected when the story broke.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I've been told here repeatedly that the media isn't biased and its just an example of free speech.    That if we have a problem with that then we are asking for the govt to suppress speech.

yep
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

I've been told here repeatedly that the media isn't biased and its just an example of free speech.    That if we have a problem with that then we are asking for the govt to suppress speech.

yep

But TRUMP...

Online andy58-in-nh

yep

The media is virulently biased, but it is free speech, and anything the government might do to them, it can just as easily do to us.

That aside, I want them to be reduced to a smoldering economic hulk, not by the State, but by the People, to whom they have repeatedly and intentionally lied. 

The more we publicize their serial mendacity, the faster they will lose their audiences. And that is up to all of us.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online dfwgator

If you're the media, it's what you do.

Offline skeeter

The media is virulently biased, but it is free speech, and anything the government might do to them, it can just as easily do to us.

That aside, I want them to be reduced to a smoldering economic hulk, not by the State, but by the People, to whom they have repeatedly and intentionally lied. 

The more we publicize their serial mendacity, the faster they will lose their audiences. And that is up to all of us.

Yessir. The government should definitely stay out of it. Hell, the government is the REASON the media is biased as it is.

The only way to deal with the MSM is to loudly beat their reputation to a bloody pulp in the court of public opinion, every time they're caught in a lie. Ridicule is a most potent weapon, social media allows access.

What we shouldn't do is allow ourselves to be browbeaten into accepting things as they are, as some seem to want us to do.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:54:44 pm by skeeter »

• Wulf Anson Author

+1
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
Yessir. The government should definitely stay out of it. Hell, the government is the REASON the media is biased as it is.

The only way to deal with the MSM is to loudly beat their reputation to a bloody pulp in the court of public opinion, every time they're caught in a lie. Ridicule is a most potent weapon, social media allows access.

What we shouldn't do is allow ourselves to be browbeaten into accepting things as they are, as some seem to want us to do.

+1