Author Topic: Manhunt intensifies for 2 armed inmates on the run after killing Georgia corrections officers (Update: Captured)  (Read 828 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Manhunt intensifies for 2 armed inmates on the run after killing Georgia corrections officers
    By EMILY SHAPIRO   Jun 15, 2017, 12:36 PM ET

A nationwide manhunt is intensifying for two escaped Georgia inmates who have been armed and on the run since Tuesday, when one of them shot and killed two Georgia State Correctional Officers, officials said.

Putnam County, Georgia, Sheriff Howard Sills today said the public is in "grave danger" and that authorities do not know where the dangerous inmates are. The FBI is asking for the public's help, calling the search expanding.

Sills said a reward has climbed to $130,000 for information that leads to their arrests, and officials warned that anyone helping the inmates will be prosecuted.

Continued: http://abcnews.go.com/US/manhunt-intensifies-armed-inmates-run-killing-georgia-corrections/story?id=48055236

The tattoos on the one may be recent and received in prison, I also see straighter looking "other" photos.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:48:36 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Caught! Excerpted:

Escaped Georgia inmates captured in Tennessee, officials say
    By EMILY SHAPIRO
Jun 15, 2017, 11:15 PM ET

Det. Sgt. Dan Goodwin of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office said at around 6 p.m., officers spotted a vehicle wanted in a carjacking in Shelbyville, Tennessee. The officers who spotted the vehicle called in other units, and a pursuit of the suspects occurred on Interstate 24, with the vehicles exceeding 100 mph. Two of the Sheriff's Office's vehicles with deputies inside were fired upon during the pursuit.

The vehicle then crashed, and the suspects went through a wooded area where they attempted to steal another car from a home, authorities said.

Bill Miller, of the Tennessee Highway Patrol, said the inmates were captured at the home after being help at gunpoint by the homeowner

http://abcnews.go.com/US/escaped-georgia-inmates-captured-tennessee-officials/story?id=48055236

Obviously, the article meant "held at gunpoint" not "help at gunpoint".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Two escaped inmates sought in the killings of two guards on a Georgia prison bus were captured after a chase and being held at gunpoint by a rural Tennessee homeowner whose vehicle they were trying to steal, authorities said.

Donnie Rowe, 43, and Ricky Dubose, 24, were apprehended Thursday in the rural community of Christiana, Tennessee, ending a multi-state manhunt that began Tuesday morning.

'True bravery is what's caused us to stand before you tonight to talk about a successful capture instead of a tragic incident,' Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn said at a news conference. 'So I'm totally grateful to everyone involved.'

The trooper said the homeowner looked outside and saw the two allegedly trying to steal his car. The man held the two at gunpoint with a neighbor he called for help until the sheriff's department could get there to arrest the fugitives.

The two were being held at the Rutherford County jail.

Georgia Department of Corrections Commissioner Greg Dozier said in a news release that he was relieved the two inmates were captured and no longer a threat to the public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4609550/Two-fugitives-killed-guards-prison-bus-captured.html#ixzz4kAwCaUTR

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Another story illustrating why we have the Second Amendment.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Country boys with guns!  Works every time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ConstitutionRose

Tennessee.  All the natives are armed.  Recent arrivals, maybe not but they usually get with the program after they've lived there for awhile.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
And yet on this very board we have those who argue against RKBA and cry aloud about Federalism to support restrictions, limitations and banning imposed by the states.

A happy end to a sick situation that makes one pine for the days of trees, ropes or electric chairs.

Sadly we will be stuck paying for providing for those scum wads for the rest of their natural lives.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder if he knew who they were?  The guy's got guts.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

And GUNS.

Guns help.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Couple tatted up strangers who stick out like sore thumbs in a neighborhood where it's likely you know most of the people that should be there...not hard to figure out it might be a good idea to have your gun handy.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

They were trying to steal his car when he spotted them. 

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Couple tatted up strangers who stick out like sore thumbs in a neighborhood where it's likely you know most of the people that should be there...not hard to figure out it might be a good idea to have your gun handy.

Someone needs to let Jazzhead in on the reality that "Gun Culture" is synonymous with, "civilized culture". The only effective thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. That concept is too simple for some (those who are afflicted with hyperintellectual proclivities) to grasp.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 06:08:14 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Someone needs to let Jazzhead in on the reality that "Gun Culture" is synonymous with, "civilized culture". The only effective thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. That concept is too simple for some (those who are afflicted with hyperintellectual proclivities) to grasp.

To be fair, he says he's all pro Second Amendment, but he should have the right to keep armed yahoos from waltzing around his city.  Which means he doesn't even begin to grasp the Second Amendment (or any other of the first ten).  As a side note, I'm sure he would say the guy who held the fugitives at gunpoint is the kind of yahoo he doesn't want waltzing around his city.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 06:30:05 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sadly we will be stuck paying for providing for those scum wads for the rest of their natural lives.
I doubt it.

Killing two officers normally gets the most severe penalty.  Georgia will extradite them and they do have the death penalty, which they already used this year.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

@LateForLunch

Just thought I'd let you know, @Jazzhead, that someone doesn't have enough class to let you know when you're being discussed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
@LateForLunch

Just thought I'd let you know, @Jazzhead, that someone doesn't have enough class to let you know when you're being discussed.

Take care, Suppressed. I don't particularly like instigators.

JH has shown evasive behavior who often has seemed to like to ignore posts which confront his more emphatic assertions (upon which harsh vutperations were based), very much like you have behaved on at least one other thread with yours truly.

Why is it your concern Suppressed? Are you part of the "resistence" trying to rat-pack me? Still despertely trying to "teach me a lesson" for having the insolance to challenge your erroneous assertions about AGW and carbon-driven radiative downward forcing when you chose to be conveniently "out of town" ? 'Called me an "ignoramous" or something, as I recall, then Suppressed ran away for three weeks. Do you really want to go there?

BTW I've been following and posting on threads with JH and I've concluded he's prolly alright even if we disagree. You, I'm starting to question again.

Maybe let the Forum decide which is the worse behavior, mild rudeness (guilty) or instigating conflict?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:31:59 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)