Author Topic: FEAR & UNbalanced: Confessions of a 14-Year Fox News Hitman  (Read 1320 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This is very damning. It comes from one of the Conservative business hosts. Read it in full at the link....

:::snip:::

...The Fox News opinion panel scam works like this. More often than not, in my panel segments I was the protagonist or “designated hit man” aka the one called on by the host (as instructed by the producers in my ear or the ear of the host) to “kill ‘em.” You’d know I was the designated hit man when the panel show hosts tossed the final death blow 15–20 seconds to me when they say “Toby you have the final word.”
But before I delivered the final rhetorical death blow …understand the producer of the segment had given me my script 24 hours BEFORE the show started . I knew 24–48 hours in ADVANCE of taping how the designated liberal was going to argue his/her point…and more important how I was going to win the day with our partisan audience.
All I had to do was perform my lines with conviction and leave the host enough time to “tease” the next totally choreographed and contrived segment.....

https://medium.com/@tobinsmith_95851/how-roger-ailes-fox-news-scammed-americas-la-z-boy-cowboys-for-21-years-1996ee4a6b3e

Offline ABX

Re: FEAR & UNbalanced: Confessions of a 14-Year Fox News Hitman
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:18:02 pm »
This is an interesting snip. I've heard this about Powers from several sources. She was never a consultant or even liberal, just an actress playing a role.

But yet another big part of the Fox News scam is that many times the “Democratic Strategist” label was a ruse — let’s call them “fake analysts”.
For example Kirsten Powers (now a contributor for CNN) was promoted by Roger as a “Democratic Strategist” with experience in the “Clinton White House.”
In reality she is a prime example of the fake political analysts Ailes launched with fudged or outright fake resumes. For years I would hear from ACTUAL democratic strategists in my DC hometown that they had no idea who Kirsten was and that she had no significant political experience at all.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 08:23:10 pm »
This is an interesting snip. I've heard this about Powers from several sources. She was never a consultant or even liberal, just an actress playing a role.

If Fox did/does this, do you suppose others in the industry did/do it also?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 08:25:42 pm »

Absolutely, it is the industry norm. And other networks have picked up these people, like Powers, knowing full well who she is. This is a good exposure of the underbelly just coming from one network but I wouldnt be surprised if you srart to have these tell alls coming from the others soon as every network is getting so over the top in their antics.

It is all like realty tv. All fake, even the ones you like.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:26:43 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 08:38:16 pm »
It is all like realty tv. All fake, even the ones you like.

And your point is?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 08:43:28 pm »
Not really surprising.

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 08:50:44 pm »
And your point is?

It is always good to know when you are being played or manipulated. It helps to find the truth behind the story versus just following the line that is gamed to sell itsef to you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:51:07 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 08:56:31 pm »
    Very Insightful Article @AbaraXas
    Thanks for sharing, I particularly agreed with this.

What continues to blow me away to this day is . . most Fox News fans STILL don’t seem to get that the Fox opinion programming they are addicted to is just as fixed and fake as pro wrestling.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 09:03:49 pm »

Of course not, what in the world are you thinking?

Next thing you know you'll be trying to convince us they used some sort of email mailing list to coordinate their talking points.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 09:26:59 pm »
You mean they choreographed the interview beforehand?  Of course they did!  Do we really think they didn't have their questions and talking points ready before the interview?  I would have expected that.  "You ask them about ____, and when they answer _______, you've got 'em.  Checkmate." 

How do you expect they do it?  No one on the team talks it out beforehand?  They go on without a plan?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 09:28:28 pm »
Who's Tobin Smith?  I've watched quite a bit of FNC and FBN and I've never seen this guy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 09:33:46 pm »
Who's Tobin Smith?  I've watched quite a bit of FNC and FBN and I've never seen this guy.

Really? He was one of the major financial gurus on FBN. He cohosted Bulls and Bears and Cashing In as well as was a regular expert on other shows.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 09:35:34 pm »
Really? He was one of the major financial gurus on FBN. He cohosted Bulls and Bears and Cashing In as well as was a regular expert on other shows.

He must have looked a lot different than the fellow at the top of the story.  I watched those Saturday morning shows all the time. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 09:35:40 pm »
You mean they choreographed the interview beforehand?  Of course they did!  Do we really think they didn't have their questions and talking points ready before the interview?  I would have expected that.  "You ask them about ____, and when they answer _______, you've got 'em.  Checkmate." 

How do you expect they do it?  No one on the team talks it out beforehand?  They go on without a plan?

I guess you didnt read the whole thing, it wasnt just scripted Q&A, but fake pundits with fake bios playing a role. And thats just the tip of the iceberg in this.

Offline ABX

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 09:37:51 pm »
He must have looked a lot different than the fellow at the top of the story.  I watched those Saturday morning shows all the time. :shrug:

The guy in the big picture at the top is Roger Ailes. This is Smith.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 09:47:56 pm »
I guess you didnt read the whole thing, it wasnt just scripted Q&A, but fake pundits with fake bios playing a role. And thats just the tip of the iceberg in this.

You caught me.  I only read what you had quoted in your post.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 09:48:17 pm »
The guy in the big picture at the top is Roger Ailes. This is Smith.

Ooops.  I recognize him now.  I never liked him.  Not a left or right thing, he just always struck me as a pompous jerk.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 09:52:07 pm »
Nope, I read it and it just doesn't do what the headline says it does.  First of all, Tobin seems to have a very low opinion of Fox viewers.  Maybe because I'm not stupid enough I just didn't get what they were doing. 

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 10:09:29 pm »
You caught me.  I only read what you had quoted in your post.

Yep.  Ya caught her! Ya caught the tater!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 10:12:44 pm »
Yep.  Ya caught her! Ya caught the tater!

Serves him right.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 10:17:42 pm »

What continues to blow me away to this day is . . most Fox News fans STILL don’t seem to get that the Fox opinion programming they are addicted to is just as fixed and fake as pro wrestling.

Then I demand to see the gals over there in the mud wearing skimpy swimsuits.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 10:23:46 pm »
I don't think I ever saw Tobin Smith on Fox New, just Fox Business. Haven't seen him in quite a while.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 10:11:26 am »
It is always good to know when you are being played or manipulated. It helps to find the truth behind the story versus just following the line that is gamed to sell itsef to you.

The fact is that very few in the right wing media really believe the line they're selling much less actually live any kind of conservatism. That's for the rubes who buy their BS.

They've pulled off their final biggest scam and now face a steady decline. The consolation is the fact that those who bought it get to go to their graves knowing that they were the willing morons who betrayed conservatism and America.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 10:39:03 am »
Fox is no worse than any other network. Libs attack it because its conservative.