Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41330 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #825 on: June 16, 2017, 12:44:19 pm »
Without the 2nd Amendment...the rest of the Bill of Rights would have been ripped up years ago.

IN all honesty...the second Amendment is about the only thing that keeps our Federal government from completely turning into a Liberal dictatorship.

No one's attacking the Second Amendment.   The issue is federalism.   The RKBA is not a license for open carry.   It is up to the states to regulate such matters.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #826 on: June 16, 2017, 12:46:18 pm »
The RKBA is not a license for open carry.

Do you have a different definition of the word "bear" than the rest of the world?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #827 on: June 16, 2017, 12:47:08 pm »
You've got it ass-backwards.

That power is exercised at the ballot box.   Not by force of arms.  What is outrageous is that the people DID make their decision - fairly, within the rules - at the ballot box.  And now idiots with rifles are trying to USURP the prerogatives of the people.

Just for that I am coming over to your house to throw darts at your poster of Pol Pot.  :tongue2:

When you give up the ability and means to go knock the king off the hill by force of arms you are done.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #828 on: June 16, 2017, 12:47:32 pm »
Can you cite a single case holding that a community's restriction on open carry in the public square violates the Second Amendment?

It's right there in the 2nd Amendment itself.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."   

There is nothing in that very plain and clear language that allows for "community's restriction on open carry in the public square"

So the very fact that communities place restrictions on people carrying their firearms in any way shape or form is indeed a direct violation of the 2nd Amendment.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #829 on: June 16, 2017, 01:03:35 pm »
Showing what "militant ignorance" looks like.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #830 on: June 16, 2017, 01:08:16 pm »
Judge Scalia himself said it was open to debate on whether a shoulder fired missile could be included in the right to bear arms as a fire arm. So, right there, we have a grey area from the days of our founding fathers and what they meant.  That's what judge Scalia discussed.

Silver Pines

« Reply #831 on: June 16, 2017, 01:09:14 pm »
  The RKBA is not a license for open carry.   

@Jazzhead

The 2nd Amendment says nothing about the method of bearing arms.  You're arguing for a restriction which isn't there.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #832 on: June 16, 2017, 01:10:55 pm »
It's right there in the 2nd Amendment itself.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."   

There is nothing in that very plain and clear language that allows for "community's restriction on open carry in the public square"

So the very fact that communities place restrictions on people carrying their firearms in any way shape or form is indeed a direct violation of the 2nd Amendment.

But you can cite no case authority that agrees with you?   Over 200 years now and not one case that agrees with you?   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #833 on: June 16, 2017, 01:13:18 pm »
@Jazzhead

The 2nd Amendment says nothing about the method of bearing arms.  You're arguing for a restriction which isn't there.

I'm arguing for the traditional role of communities to regulate the open carry of firearms in public places.  That's federalism, that's state sovereignty.   That's something that any conservative should support.   

Is it a good idea or a bad idea?   That's not the point - what's right for Texas may not be right for Pennsylvania.   

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #834 on: June 16, 2017, 01:13:32 pm »
But you can cite no case authority that agrees with you?   Over 200 years now and not one case that agrees with you?

PLAIN bleep ENGLISH DOES NOT NEED LEGAL CLARIFICATION!!!!!!!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #835 on: June 16, 2017, 01:14:18 pm »

Ummm I just did...I cited the Constitution of the United States.  The 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

That's the only "case authority" anyone needs.

Only Liberals want to take very clear cut language like what is in the 2nd Amendment and muddle it with legalese in order to take away a persons basic right.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #836 on: June 16, 2017, 01:16:26 pm »
Once again I ask that you not FEED THE TROLL!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #837 on: June 16, 2017, 01:21:12 pm »
Only Liberals want to take very clear cut language like what is in the 2nd Amendment and muddle it with legalese in order to take away a persons basic right.

Federalism is not "legalese".  State sovereignty is not "legalese".  What is shocking is that so many so-called conservatives reject these concepts. 

Why should Pennsylvania be forced to adopt Texas' gun culture?   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #838 on: June 16, 2017, 01:22:56 pm »
PLAIN bleep ENGLISH DOES NOT NEED LEGAL CLARIFICATION!!!!!!!

Posting in caps doesn't convert ignorance into wisdom.   Over 200 years and not one court case suggesting that the RKBA conveys a right to open carry is ample proof that the Second Amendment doesn't mean what the gun extremists think it does.  States and communities have rights too.   
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:31:34 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #839 on: June 16, 2017, 01:42:06 pm »
Federalism is not "legalese".  State sovereignty is not "legalese".  What is shocking is that so many so-called conservatives reject these concepts.

Even the Federalists that were involved in the framing of the Constitution and the writing of the Declaration of Independence   would want what they wrote and agreed upon to get twisted into your warped view of what Federalism and states rights are.

Why should Pennsylvania be forced to adopt Texas' gun culture?

Because the 2nd Amendment says so.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The 2nd Amendment is a power delegated to the United States by the Constitution...this is one of those areas where the 9th and 10th Amendment have no power or ability to make laws that contravene what is clearly defined as a power of the Federal Government.

Your argument...ok lack of knowledge of what is granted to the states in the 9th and 10th Amendments...totally negates your attempt to give states permission to ignore the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms in any manner a citizen of the United States chooses to do so.

Wingnut

« Reply #840 on: June 16, 2017, 01:42:27 pm »

QFT

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #841 on: June 16, 2017, 01:42:56 pm »

I look at it more as we're giving the Liberal the education on the Constitution he didn't get in school.

Silver Pines

« Reply #842 on: June 16, 2017, 01:44:48 pm »
I'm arguing for the traditional role of communities to regulate the open carry of firearms in public places.  That's federalism, that's state sovereignty.   That's something that any conservative should support.   

Is it a good idea or a bad idea?   That's not the point - what's right for Texas may not be right for Pennsylvania.   

@Jazzhead

No, what you're arguing for is the "right" for states/communities to add their own restrictions to the 2ndA. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #843 on: June 16, 2017, 01:47:26 pm »
deontology vs consequentialism
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #844 on: June 16, 2017, 02:01:54 pm »
I look at it more as we're giving the Liberal the education on the Constitution he didn't get in school.

Unless and until you can cite a court case that agrees with your position, I will dismiss it as ignorance.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #845 on: June 16, 2017, 02:02:44 pm »
Unless and until you can cite a court case that agrees with your position, I will dismiss it as ignorance.

That is "with ignorance".

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #846 on: June 16, 2017, 02:04:09 pm »
@Jazzhead

No, what you're arguing for is the "right" for states/communities to add their own restrictions to the 2ndA.

States and communities have had the right to regulate open carry from the founding of the Republic.  There is no court case - none - that says otherwise.   

Move to Texas if you want to wave your rifle in the public square.  Stay the hell out of my state.   

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #847 on: June 16, 2017, 02:04:59 pm »
in spades

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #848 on: June 16, 2017, 02:05:45 pm »
Not surprised at your left of center rhetoric.  Your wholesale defense of anything Islamic provided a strong hint.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #849 on: June 16, 2017, 02:06:48 pm »
States and communities have had the right to regulate open carry from the founding of the Republic.  There is no court case - none - that says otherwise.   

Move to Texas if you want to wave your rifle in the public square.  Stay the hell out of my state.

And vice versa....we don't like liberals.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.