Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41357 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #750 on: June 15, 2017, 04:33:16 pm »
Prayers are appropriate as an action.
Anger is an emotion that has JUSTIFIABLY been brought on by the shooting act itself, those who approve of it and those who might have radicalized the shooter.  Are you asking us to (1) suppress our emotions, or to (2) suppress acting out on our emotions?The first case is ridiculous for you to ask. The second case might be insulting, if you are insinuating that us "crazed conservatives" would retaliate with violence like the violent looney left. The second case might be dangerous, if you are insinuating that we should do nothing defensively. The violent left is apt to commit copy-cat crimes.
@kidd

The first reaction is unbelief it happened.  The second reaction is anger.  The third reaction is different with each person.  Some will want to retaliate in anger.  Others will think it through to come up with a solution to prevent it in the future.  That is happening with thinkers in congress now.  We likely will not be told of the security measure(s) they will take but they will do something.

Some congressman who was there said there is normally about 25,000 people who come to that game which is this evening.  How does one protect that many people and it will likely be more than the 25,000 due to the shooting?   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #751 on: June 15, 2017, 04:33:36 pm »
What a vile pig he's turned out to be.

@Cripplecreek

Mueller is a life-long Dim. What did you expect him to be?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #752 on: June 15, 2017, 04:33:48 pm »
Caught a few minutes of Neil Cavuto interviewing weenie dimocrap Garamendi (sp?) of CA saying that he didn't want any more guns on Capitol Hill than those of the Capitol police "even if they are our guns." Another genius liberal.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #753 on: June 15, 2017, 04:34:02 pm »
@Smokin Joe

If there is one thing you can be certain of it is that NOBODY will have working telephones once the mass rioting starts. Nobody but the government employees with encrypted government phones whose job it is to bust heads and break riots,that is.

The government is more than content to sit by and watch thee and me get attacked,but there is no way in HELL they are going to sit idle while the government is getting attacked.
Oh, after they start, the phones will likely be cut. But by then, they will have been used to community organize the flash mobs. If the EBTs are going dead, the free phones need to go down first. There's no telling what doorstep those angry folks might show up on, as a group.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #754 on: June 15, 2017, 04:36:19 pm »
I wasn't calling for anyone to put his or her head in the sand. Just asking for a little civility and focus while we're commenting on this thread.

Seems perfectly reasonable.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #755 on: June 15, 2017, 04:41:08 pm »
I wasn't calling for anyone to put his or her head in the sand. Just asking for a little civility and focus while we're commenting on this thread.

@mountaineer
Its happened frequently on the threads about this event where people react to the anger with "well the right does it too".     I haven't seen any shootings by people on the right lately.   Nor have I seen an right wing comedians hold up a fake Obama head.

So while there are a few right wingers who utter threats of violence the frequency and scale pale in comparison to what the left has been doing for the last 6 years.    Don't agree with something the police have done?  Well then go riot and burn the town down.   Calls for civility are drowned out by prominent leftists on CNN, WaPo and others who are calling for more violence.   In some cases they lament how ineffective this case was.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #756 on: June 15, 2017, 04:41:20 pm »
@mountaineer

3rd surgery in less than 24 hours is NOT good.
Through the hip and into the abdominal cavity? Beyond the hydraulic shock along the bullet track, there is the debris cone (bone fragments), and all leading into the intestines, kidneys, bladder, and a mass of major blood vessels. They may have a leak in any of that which will simply have to be closed, or a fragment that needs to be removed. Any necrotic tissue along the  path needs to be cleared out along with any intestinal contents that may have spilled. Little doubt there is a lot of damage in there, and even the most competent surgeons may have missed something or a weakened vessel let go later.. It could be just a bleeder that needs to be closed off, too.  I'm not knocking the surgeons, that's a nasty wound.

Yes, he has my prayers for his recovery.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 04:42:30 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #757 on: June 15, 2017, 04:43:34 pm »
@mountaineer
Its happened frequently on the threads about this event where people react to the anger with "well the right does it too".     I haven't seen any shootings by people on the right lately.   Nor have I seen an right wing comedians hold up a fake Obama head.

So while there are a few right wingers who utter threats of violence the frequency and scale pale in comparison to what the left has been doing for the last 6 years.    Don't agree with something the police have done?  Well then go riot and burn the town down.   Calls for civility are drowned out by prominent leftists on CNN, WaPo and others who are calling for more violence.   In some cases they lament how ineffective this case was.

The difference is that any righties that do it are immediately shouted down by the rest of us......The Leftists encourage their nutters.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #758 on: June 15, 2017, 04:44:22 pm »
@mountaineer
3rd surgery in less than 24 hours is NOT good.
@sneakypete

The bullet went in his hip, broke bones, bone fragments and fragmented bullet went into his internal organs and tore them up.  When the doctor surgeon congressman got to him on the field, he stopped the bleeding out of his body but he was bleeding inside due to the destruction of his organs.  He was in shock by the time he was taken to hospital and blood transfusion started immediately, then to operating room to go inside him to stop the inside bleeding. There will be other surgeries to put his insides back together.  My opinion is, he may never go back to congress.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #759 on: June 15, 2017, 04:44:25 pm »
Through the hip and into the abdominal cavity? Beyond the hydraulic shock along the bullet track, there is the debris cone (bone fragments), and all leading into the intestines, kidneys, bladder, and a mass of major blood vessels. They may have a leak in any of that which will simply have to be closed, or a fragment that needs to be removed. Any necrotic tissue along the  path needs to be cleared out along with any intestinal contents that may have spilled. Little doubt there is a lot of damage in there, and even the most competent surgeons may have missed something or a weakened vessel let go later.. It could be just a bleeder that needs to be closed off, too.  I'm not knocking the surgeons, that's a nasty wound.

Yes, he has my prayers for his recovery.

@Mom MD, can you comment on this?   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #760 on: June 15, 2017, 04:45:03 pm »
@driftdiver

1.  I think I heard there were at least 20 congressmen there.  Most of them would have been killed if not for the two cops who began to shoot within seconds of the guy firing.  They were in a van parked where they could see the whole field.  They peeled out of there fast and began to fire.

BOTH of those cops were black,and the one that was shot in the ankle and still continued to return fire was a female.  I am personally steamed the media hasn't been on a major push to make heroes out of both of them. Yeah,they mentioned them by name a couple of times and there were even a couple of old photos shown on tv,but WHY have no teebee news crews been in their hospital rooms interviewing them on film and congratulating them on their bravery and dedication to duty?

ALL we see from the media about blacks is when they are committing one crime or another,or appearing before a judge. The media LOVES to claim they are unbiased and fair,but the virtual neglect they have shown this black man and woman borders on being outrageous. Is it because their bosses don't want positive black role models?

What the hell is wrong with these people?

2.  I heard one of the congressmen who was there, say they were talking to the speaker about assigning guards to every congressman.   If I was a congressman, I would pay for them myself if congress doesn't do it.  And, if they have a rule a congressman can't "carry" while congress is in session, that rule needs to be changed.

Nope! If nobody else in DC can legally carry a concealed firearm,neither can congresscritters. Remember,they are our representatives,NOT our masters.

If they want to carry guns,they should insist DC start issuing CWP's to regular citizens,as well as congresscrittes.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:01:37 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #761 on: June 15, 2017, 04:53:41 pm »
@sneakypete

I agree on both points. The leftist media hold forth loudmouth agitators as black 'heroes', but ignore the real thing. God Bless those officers for their dedication to duty, and heal the wounded.

I also agree about carrying a weapon. It should be an option for all there who have no criminal or mental health history. To single out 'some animals as more important than others' to paraphrase Orwell, is just not the way it is supposed to work. However, I think each and every GOP Congressperson and staffer could show good cause for having an imminent threat to their lives and safety.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #762 on: June 15, 2017, 04:53:59 pm »
The difference is that any righties that do it are immediately shouted down by the rest of us......The Leftists encourage their nutters.

^ This.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #763 on: June 15, 2017, 04:54:52 pm »

@dfwgator

Kinda my point.   There is no comparison between the two on this issue.  The left is advocating for violence to get what they want.  They do not want a debate, they do not want a vote.  They want what they want and are willing for you to die so they can have it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #764 on: June 15, 2017, 04:56:38 pm »
@sneakypete
I am going to have to agree with both your points Sneakypete.

DC if forced to issue Concealed Carry permits would probable make it like the IRS did for teaparty folks to get tax free rights. IOWs hand them out like candy to liberals and put others through a ringer.

Constitution Carry should be the law of the land, one should not have to rent their 2nd amendment rights. But that is a subject for another thread.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:00:07 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #765 on: June 15, 2017, 04:58:53 pm »
I am going to have to agree with both your points Sneakypete. DC if forced to issue Concealed Carry permits would probable make it like the IRS did for teaparty folks to get tax free rights. IOWs hand them out like candy to liberals and put others through a ringer.

Congress could easily fix that with a single bill!  Pass nationwide Constitutional carry and it's all over!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #766 on: June 15, 2017, 04:59:36 pm »
@Mom MD, can you comment on this?

Not knowing the extent of the injuries it is hard to comment.  Pelvic trauma is notorious for blood loss even the bones are quite vascular.  In addition the bladder and sigmoid colon are in the pelvis and can be injured either by the billet or by bone fragments.  I doubt there was large vessel injury (aorta or femoral arteries/veins) because it is unlikely he would have survived that to make it to the hospital.  Massive transfusion also puts you at risk for kidney/lung injury and electrolyte problems.  All of these things are survivable in a relatively healthy individual but you also have to factor in the persons health prior to the trauma.  Diabetes, heart disease or emphysema all complicate the issue if he had any of these things.  Usually it takes 2-3 days to really know how things will go and a several week icu stay with prolonged rehab after would not be unusual
God is still in control

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #767 on: June 15, 2017, 05:00:26 pm »
@sneakypete

My opinion is, he may never go back to congress.

@Victoria33

Sadly,I think you are right about that. It will be good news if he doesn't die and is able to walk again. Any situation where THAT is the good news sucks.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #768 on: June 15, 2017, 05:02:26 pm »
Congress could easily fix that with a single bill!  Pass nationwide Constitutional carry and it's all over!

Also strongly agree, I was editing my comment to say that exact same thing. Thumbsup

Weird day, I am actually agreeing with more people than usual... someone pinch me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:03:11 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #769 on: June 15, 2017, 05:03:51 pm »

@Bigun

BINGO!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #770 on: June 15, 2017, 05:05:43 pm »

Isn't that already in the Constitution?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #771 on: June 15, 2017, 05:07:11 pm »
Not knowing the extent of the injuries it is hard to comment.  Pelvic trauma is notorious for blood loss even the bones are quite vascular.  In addition the bladder and sigmoid colon are in the pelvis and can be injured either by the billet or by bone fragments.  I doubt there was large vessel injury (aorta or femoral arteries/veins) because it is unlikely he would have survived that to make it to the hospital.  Massive transfusion also puts you at risk for kidney/lung injury and electrolyte problems.  All of these things are survivable in a relatively healthy individual but you also have to factor in the persons health prior to the trauma.  Diabetes, heart disease or emphysema all complicate the issue if he had any of these things.  Usually it takes 2-3 days to really know how things will go and a several week icu stay with prolonged rehab after would not be unusual

Thanks, that helps.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #772 on: June 15, 2017, 05:08:30 pm »
Well, it's the Second Amendment, but I wonder how many on Capitol Hill read that far...

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #773 on: June 15, 2017, 05:09:36 pm »

Excellent point!  But it would break most of us proving it in the courts!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #774 on: June 15, 2017, 05:15:39 pm »

That helps a lot! Thanks, @Mom MD !
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.