Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41357 times)

Wingnut

Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #675 on: June 15, 2017, 01:50:08 am »

He was living in his white cargo van.

Down by the river?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #676 on: June 15, 2017, 01:51:17 am »
Down by the river?
Was his alias Bruce Berry?  I understand he drove an Econoline Van
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:53:06 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #677 on: June 15, 2017, 01:53:38 am »

Nope.  Matt Foley.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #678 on: June 15, 2017, 01:55:23 am »
Down by the river?

I can't see real good is that bill Shakespeare over there? Well ladifrickingda!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #679 on: June 15, 2017, 02:00:43 am »
I was on the road for about 6 hours today, so I got to hear lots of talk radio.

On one show, the point being made was that the Democrats (or Left) were pushing the idea that the environment and climate are so important that it will cost lives to have the Republicans in power.  That sort of rhetoric inflamed people who might think it would be worth it to kill a few to save many.

There are some here who might even want to shut such speech down.

But I think that's a dangerous path.  Remember, that would have shut down Sarah Palin warning against death panels, as someone might have taken it as important to kill a few to save many.

Let's not destroy America to save it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #680 on: June 15, 2017, 02:05:52 am »
My God, people are going insane...
No, the libs will say the guns are going insane.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #681 on: June 15, 2017, 02:07:34 am »
Unfortunately, this could as easily be someone from the alt-right who decided to do something about those treasonous RINOs in Congress.
That is a stupid comment and belies the facts of what actually happened.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #682 on: June 15, 2017, 02:13:00 am »
Waitaminit...I thought pepe's peeps were on the train.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #683 on: June 15, 2017, 02:23:57 am »
Hmmm.  Sounds like you know the wrong women.

LOL!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #684 on: June 15, 2017, 02:26:29 am »
I just heard, but haven't confirmed, he used a SKS rifle. Basically an antique. Destroys some anti gun arguments about assault rifles in this.  Even some of the most anti gun states exempt old rifles like the SKS.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:27:01 am by AbaraXas »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #685 on: June 15, 2017, 02:27:06 am »

No, @Oceander is correct with his statement.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #686 on: June 15, 2017, 02:31:37 am »
Looking around on Twitter...it's a pain to copy and paste with this phone, but Scalise is critical with internal organ damage, broken bones, severe bleeding, and he's going to need multiple surgeries.  He could probably use some prayer...his family, too.

Trump visited him at the hospital tonight, which was decent, and he tweeted about it.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #687 on: June 15, 2017, 02:38:32 am »
Looking around on Twitter...it's a pain to copy and paste with this phone, but Scalise is critical with internal organ damage, broken bones, severe bleeding, and he's going to need multiple surgeries.  He could probably use some prayer...his family, too.

Trump visited him at the hospital tonight, which was decent, and he tweeted about it.

Praying for him, his family, and all the injured. Grateful for the hero Capitol Police officers.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #688 on: June 15, 2017, 02:45:38 am »
Makes one wonder. If he was in town living in his van, I wonder if his desired target was POTUS but got tired of waiting for the opportunity, and chose a softer target.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #689 on: June 15, 2017, 02:54:15 am »
Makes one wonder. If he was in town living in his van, I wonder if his desired target was POTUS but got tired of waiting for the opportunity, and chose a softer target.
`

@NavyCanDo

That is a very real possibility. After all,his focus was on Trump first,and the other Republicans were of secondary importance.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #690 on: June 15, 2017, 03:37:00 am »
@truth_seeker

I'm not arrogant enough to think that conservatives are above criticism.  We're not snowflakes.  Criticism can be constructive, and there isn't a person in the world who doesn't need it sometimes.

@Cripplecreek is a solid Constitutionalist and a social conservative.  He hasn't changed since I've known him.

@CatherineofAragon @musiclady

I'm just man enough to ignore them like it was suggested we all do if we must. If Its going to be a one way street I can live with that too because I'm more of a man than all of them put together.

As I warned they would eventually turn on those who don't hate the right people.

888high58888

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #691 on: June 15, 2017, 04:12:02 am »
This is why I said earlier that we have arrived at the point, where it is no longer possible to co-exist peaceably alongside one another in this country.

This is only going to escalate, whether we sit idle and do nothing to counter the calls for more 'resistance', or start fighting back.

Because the split second the push-back begins, the government will begin to crack down to bring order. 

And that is where tyranny's final nail will be driven deep into the wood of liberty's coffin.

This is, of course, INVAR's usual apocalyptic hyperventilating gonzo talk,  but this assassination attempt was clearly the spawn of the bloodsport mentality that has poisoned political dialogue since Bork.   It's worse than it's ever been. 

But it's an act that can jolt folks to their senses too.   This wasn't some Muslim bogeyman,  this was one of us -  a middle-aged white guy and (presumably) lawful gun owner, obsessed with politics on the internet.   A left wing crazy, to be sure,  but I've seem the type on our "side" too.   

The best revenge is to sweep the special election in Georgia next Tuesday,  and send the message that hate-boner politics is antithetical to the peoples' business.   
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 04:14:15 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #692 on: June 15, 2017, 04:26:04 am »

There's a warning sign on the road ahead
There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off dead

Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
So I try to forget it any way I can

Keep on rockin' in the free world
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #693 on: June 15, 2017, 04:38:39 am »
There's a warning sign on the road ahead
There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off dead

Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
So I try to forget it any way I can

Keep on rockin' in the free world

Dang for almost 30 years I thought he was saying "I am the lamb"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #694 on: June 15, 2017, 04:42:38 am »
Christy Steen shared a link to the group: Terminate The Republican Party.
6 hrs ·

You know I don't feel any thing for those that got shot in VA. Trump and his Republicans are causing people to be pissed off. They are afraid of what Trump and his people will do...... it is OBVIOUS that they want to hurt us.

I'm telling you all that if they try to take away our health care and food stamps.... you think what happened at this ball park will STOP? NOT!!!!! They will cause MAJOR chaos. People will go after any one that supports Trump.... any one that calls themselves Republican.

You have to know the anger that TRUMP and his people are creating.... the cause and affect of their actions.... Pain... suffering... people aren't just going to sit back and say... go ahead and make me suffer.... they will FIGHT!!!!

Think of the violence the Trump supporters are doing to us.... TRUMP seems to not care about the harm they are doing. People getting beat or killed because they aren't WHITE.... but this is ok???????? Trump making it ok for the mentally ILL to have a GUN... all of this VIOLENCE is on TRUMP's hands!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415090015389620/search/?query=knew%20this%20would%20happen

The human debris at Fakebook seems to thing this is ok.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #695 on: June 15, 2017, 04:48:23 am »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415090015389620/search/?query=knew%20this%20would%20happen
"I'm telling you all that if they try to take away our health care and food stamps.."

In lies the root cause...    When the entitlement junkies start losing their "free stuff"........  Blood in the streets will start.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #696 on: June 15, 2017, 05:10:05 am »
In lies the root cause...    When the entitlement junkies start losing their "free stuff"........  Blood in the streets will start.

For decades we have been told the militia groups, Tea Party types and the general Right Wing were the ones going to start a war against the govt'. Obama's Justice Dept wrote a report stating as much. Funny how things actually turn out.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #697 on: June 15, 2017, 05:12:18 am »
For decades we have been told the militia groups, Tea Party types and the general Right Wing were the ones going to start a war against the govt'. Obama's Justice Dept wrote a report stating as much. Funny how things actually turn out.
Yep, but we'd also predicted when the EBT cards ran dry, the S would HTF. I seriously hope the Obamaphones go dark first. At least it would slow the horde down.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #698 on: June 15, 2017, 05:57:17 am »

Looks like Bob Beckel to me. BTW, I've seen Beckel get so worked up at conservativism that it wouldn't surprise me if he turned very violent in the right setting.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #699 on: June 15, 2017, 08:28:21 am »
I've seen my share of right wing and left wing blowhards on the internet over the years, but this is the only one I've ever seen actually act on it. Maybe except Timothy McVeigh? That was right in the infancy of the internet so I guess he didn't have much of an online presence. And he wasn't really a mainstream partisan political enthusiast.