Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41334 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #550 on: June 14, 2017, 08:02:56 pm »
Representive Mo Brooks (who is running for Sessions Senate seat now against Roy Moore)... I love love Roy Moore, but can live with Brooks who has proved to be a pretty dang good rep over time. Also Mo Brooks put out a great statement defending the 2nd after the attack... see if I can find it and put it up.

I think Judge Moore would have been better suited for FBI Director.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kidd

« Reply #551 on: June 14, 2017, 08:06:53 pm »
Would it be too much to ask that the actual shooter be blamed.   Unless and until others are implicated in his plot there is no point at all in pointing fingers or playing the but Obama nonsense.
This is not the first time nor will it be the last that something like this happens.  Blaming society, blaming certain aspects of media, etc. is intellectually dishonest.
Political assassinations are not unheard of in the USA.
That will make sense IF it is shown that the shooter is mentally deficient.

If the shooter is not mentally ill, it would make sense to follow the idea that if the shooter can be influenced into acts of violence by the specific groups that he associates with, then others that also associate with those groups will likewise be influenced to commit acts of violence. And these specific people should be acted on or monitored, as they are potential domestic terrorists.

Broad brushing who influenced the shooter, especially without proof, is intellectually dishonest.
Broad brushing that this is just another political assassination is intellectually dangerous.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2017, 08:08:22 pm »
I think Judge Moore would have been better suited for FBI Director.

Maybe, Moore is an intelligent man but not quick witted in political speak like we have grown accustomed to seeing in today's politics.

Funny you should mention your DU mole account, I have a early 2003 or 2004 account there, but it is not a deep mole, cause it has like 15 posts is all. I always felt dirty trying to fake being a lefty scum. Making up fake comments just wasn't fun when trying to fool the local scum.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:16:42 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #553 on: June 14, 2017, 08:09:44 pm »

That Barb Hubbard looks dangerous.

They're all dangerous...they're all white.  I know, I'm white and dangerous. The neighbors move out of my way when I walk through the neighborhood.  lol

Probably due to the fact I've been to several Veteran's Day assemblies at local schools over the past 20 years. Instead of asking me, their kids ask my kids about what I did in the Army. Knowing them, they embellished it a bit...lol.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

« Reply #554 on: June 14, 2017, 08:10:35 pm »
Pretty much any trauma victim with that long a surgical procedure and presumably multiple transfusions will go to the ICU post op.  Respiratory and renal function need to be closely monitored and further transfusion need is possible.  It is not surprising at all he is in the icu which buys you a critical listing

@Mom MD, thank you.  That makes sense. 

Oceander

« Reply #555 on: June 14, 2017, 08:15:52 pm »
Would it be too much to ask that the actual shooter be blamed.   Unless and until others are implicated in his plot there is no point at all in pointing fingers or playing the but Obama nonsense.
This is not the first time nor will it be the last that something like this happens.  Blaming society, blaming certain aspects of media, etc. is intellectually dishonest.
Political assassinations are not unheard of in the USA.

He is being blamed.  And the liberal zeitgeist that created him should be blamed as well.  They created this monster and the blood he spilt is equally on their hands. 

That bimbo comedian Griffin who posed with the fake severed head of Trump is morally and ethically responsible here (not legally).

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #556 on: June 14, 2017, 08:19:12 pm »
Maybe, Moore is an intelligent man but not quick witted in political speak like we have grown accustomed to seeing in today's politics.

Honestly that's not a bad thing to me.

Funny you should mention your DU mole account, I have a early 2003 or 2004 account there, but it is not a deep mole, cause it has like 15 posts is all. I always felt dirty trying to fake being a lefty scum. Making up fake comments just wasn't fun when trying to fool the local scum.

Yeah I felt dirty too trying to pretend to be a Liberal too.  Just never could wrap my head around their cultist...communist...hate America mindset.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #557 on: June 14, 2017, 08:19:12 pm »
I have that album (Voyage of the Acolyte).

hahaha a person of discerning taste. Genesis was one of the better rock bands and  solo recording artist careers of the 1970s.

The tracks of VotA are named after, or with reference to, the Minor and Major Trumps of the Tarot card deck, heh heh Trumps.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:27:56 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #558 on: June 14, 2017, 08:22:06 pm »
He doesn't even have "Student Service" listed by his name.  EVERYONE had that in yearbooks from those years.

He did less than nothing in HS.....   :shrug:

Of course he did less than nothing. Have you ever met a home inspector that wasn't less than nothing?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2017, 08:24:43 pm »
Pretty much any trauma victim with that long a surgical procedure and presumably multiple transfusions will go to the ICU post op.  Respiratory and renal function need to be closely monitored and further transfusion need is possible.  It is not surprising at all he is in the icu which buys you a critical listing

That's what I thought.  It's pretty routine to take post-op patients to ICU, and I'm sure with the severity of his wounds, this is why he's listed as critical.

Prayers continue!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #560 on: June 14, 2017, 08:26:16 pm »
He is being blamed.  And the liberal zeitgeist that created him should be blamed as well.  They created this monster and the blood he spilt is equally on their hands. 

That bimbo comedian Griffin who posed with the fake severed head of Trump is morally and ethically responsible here (not legally).

The left doesn't grasp the concept of either morality or ethics.  They won't connect the vile Griffin with this shooting.

They'll only blame guns.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #561 on: June 14, 2017, 08:26:36 pm »

Amen.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #562 on: June 14, 2017, 08:29:25 pm »

Bimbo?  You're being generous.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #563 on: June 14, 2017, 08:31:27 pm »
hahaha a person of discerning taste. Genesis was one of the better rock bands and  solo recording artist careers of the 1970s.

The tracks of VotA are named after, or with reference to, the Minor and Major Trumps of the Tarot card deck, heh heh Trumps.

Actually that album has some of the best drumming Phil Collins ever did.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #564 on: June 14, 2017, 08:35:00 pm »
Bimbo?  You're being generous.

My grandmother used to say, "That's no reason to be ugly."
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #565 on: June 14, 2017, 08:39:43 pm »
The left doesn't grasp the concept of either morality or ethics.  They won't connect the vile Griffin with this shooting.

They'll only blame guns.

The left doesn't grasp anything other than a push for gun control and will never ever see their responsibility in this; false accusations against the GOP/Trump, Russians hacking in the election, the GOP/Trump being racists, GOP/Trump being against the Muslim religion ... and let's not forget the GOP consists of nothing but angry, rich, Christian white guys!  I'm still waiting for a statement from Bernie!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #566 on: June 14, 2017, 08:51:12 pm »
The left doesn't grasp anything other than a push for gun control and will never ever see their responsibility in this; false accusations against the GOP/Trump, Russians hacking in the election, the GOP/Trump being racists, GOP/Trump being against the Muslim religion ... and let's not forget the GOP consists of nothing but angry, rich, Christian white guys!  I'm still waiting for a statement from Bernie!

But of course, the Left blamed Gabby Giffords' shooting on Sarah Palin.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #567 on: June 14, 2017, 08:52:52 pm »
Would it be too much to ask that the actual shooter be blamed.

I've been meaning to write an essay on this topic.

People seem to have forgotten the difference between reasons and blame.

Waving a wad of cash around in the ghetto might get you an above-average chance of getting mugged.

The mugger is to blame, yet the reason is your behavior. Mentioning the latter doesn't mean you're blaming.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:53:17 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #568 on: June 14, 2017, 08:53:53 pm »
I've been heads-down at work all day and just skimming the headlines, so forgive me is this has already been addressed but I didn't see it...

What's the scoop with Hodgkinson’s wife?  I'm assuming they're still married, as the reports I have seen call her his wife and not his ex-wife.  Did she not know what he had been up to over the past couple of months?  Is she being questioned for any helpful information?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #569 on: June 14, 2017, 08:56:22 pm »

Sen. Bernie Sanders statement on the baseball shooting.  The link includes a video of him reading the statement on the Senate floor, and the text of the statement.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:57:05 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #570 on: June 14, 2017, 08:57:19 pm »

Napoleon Complex, perhaps?    5 ft. 6 in. in height.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #571 on: June 14, 2017, 08:57:27 pm »

Actually, Bernie's statement was pretty strong.......

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/448637/bernie-sanders-statement-shooting

He's a fruitcake, but I think he's pretty non-violent.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #572 on: June 14, 2017, 08:58:14 pm »
It will be interesting to see if the shooting has any impact on the special Georgia run-off election next Tuesday.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #573 on: June 14, 2017, 08:58:14 pm »
Sen. Bernie Sanders statement on the baseball shooting.  The link includes a video of him reading the statement on the Senate floor, and the text of the statement.

You beat me to it!  ^-^

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #574 on: June 14, 2017, 08:58:53 pm »
Of course, on days when the democrats are exposed for their irresponsible, criminal, extreme rhetoric lets forget about politics.

@skeeter

Not to worry. Give her 3 days,a week at the most,and she will be right back to back-biting politics.

Fish gotta swm,birds gotta fly,and Dims gotta lie for personal gain.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!