Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41337 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2017, 03:32:32 pm »
James T. Hodgkinson
 March 22 ·
 Change.org
 ·
 Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.

James T. Hodgkinson
 December 25, 2016 ·
 Change.org
 ·
 We Don’t Need or Deserve a Billionaire for President. There will Always be a Conflict of Interest. Millionaires are Bad Enough.

James T. Hodgkinson
 August 12, 2016 ·
 Change.org
 ·
 I want Bernie to Win the White House.

From his facebook page:

A Petition for: The legal impeachment and or legal removal of The President & Vice President, et al., for Treason and Misprision of Treason.

Petitioning THE US SENATE and 8 others IMPEACH: Legal Removal of President & Vice President, et al., for Misprision of Treason

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2017, 03:32:45 pm »
Terry McAuliffe- if 93 million Americans die from gun violence everyday, we would have been extinct a long time ago.

According to my quick calculations that would wipe out the current population of the USA in just over 3.5 days!

He's an IDIOT!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2017, 03:33:05 pm »
As are the nutjobs on the right.

Pizzagate is a perfect example.

As a general remark, Nutjobs of the right, etc.

One can easily say now, the culprit is an anti-Trumper yet, if one said this, that post would be moderated. So, I hope the moderators might possibly look into this and its not just this post but a number in this thread.

As usual, we see a baffling statement where the "right" is criticized by those who purport to be conservative yet, name-called over someone calling the SPLC unwelcome here and said "who cares" about Obama using the "n" word. I don't mean to nitpick but there seems to be an inconsistency here and it hardly sounds like a Ted Cruz supporter would say such things.

Not trying to nitpick; but this is getting tiring.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2017, 03:34:24 pm »
One of these days...talking heads...political pundits and politicians on both sides of the aisle need to wake up pull their heads out and realize their heated inflammatory remarks have consequences.

All the stupid talk of revenge...watering the tree of Liberty..."the next civil war"...plays about killing the President...supposedly funny people holding up mock severed heads of a President all at some point will motivate people to do idiotic BS like this guy today.

I'll be glad when people who have a bully pulpit begin to think before they speak or hit send on a blog posting.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2017, 03:34:44 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/jthodgkinson

(While it's still available)

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2017, 03:35:18 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

I made my first gun from a piece of 2x4 for the grip,duct tape,a nail,and a car antenna cut down to serve as a chamber for a 22 rim fire. I think I was 8.

The old "zip gun" .    I would be afraid to shoot with a barrel made from a car antenna.  I don't see how it could possibly contain the pressure. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2017, 03:35:40 pm »
Fortunately it appears that the gunman was a really bad shot.
@Cripplecreek

That is what I thought - with that many shots, many should have been shot.  Thank god Scalise's guards were there and shot the shooter.

« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2017, 03:35:46 pm »
According to my quick calculations that would wipe out the current population of the USA in just over 3.5 days!

He's an IDIOT!

Yes, he is @Bigun   And, on behalf of Virginia, I apologize for this nutjob.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2017, 03:35:47 pm »
Surprisingly classy coming from her.

Nah. She's setting it up so she can accuse anyone who calls democrats to account for their rhetoric, which obviously is responsible for increasing violence, of 'politicizing' the tragedy.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2017, 03:35:56 pm »
... Rep. Mo Brooks (R., Ala.) was asked hours after witnessing the shooting of one of his colleagues if the incident had changed his views on gun rights, but he said he remained supportive of the Second Amendment.

Brooks was present when House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R., La.) and three others were wounded Wednesday by a gunman in Alexandria, Va., during a baseball practice for Republican congressmen.

A reporter at a press conference asked Brooks if the shooting changed his view on the "gun situation" in America.

"Not with respect to the Second Amendment," Brooks said. "The Second Amendment right to bear arms is to help ensure that we always have a republic. And as with any constitutional provision in the Bill of Rights, there are adverse aspects to each of those rights that we enjoy as people, and what we just saw here is one of the bad side effects of someone not exercising those rights properly."

He added, "We are not going to get rid of freedom of speech" simply because some people say ugly things, or get rid of the Fourth Amendment's search and seizure rights because some criminals could go free on technicalities.

"These rights are there to protect Americans, and while each of them has a negative aspect to them, they are fundamental to our being the greatest nation in world history. So no, I'm not changing my position on any of the rights we enjoy as Americans,"
he said.   ...
Full story at Free Beacon

Amen. And the reporter is an idiot.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:39:54 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2017, 03:36:37 pm »
My Congressman

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/337742-gop-rep-shooting-a-result-of-political-rhetorical-terrorism
GOP rep: Shooting a result of 'political, rhetorical terrorism'
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2017, 03:37:46 pm »
As a general remark, Nutjobs of the right, etc.

One can easily say now, the culprit is an anti-Trumper yet, if one said this, that post would be moderated. So, I hope the moderators might possibly look into this and its not just this post but a number in this thread.

As usual, we see a baffling statement where the "right" is criticized by those who purport to be conservative yet, name-called over someone calling the SPLC unwelcome here and said "who cares" about Obama using the "n" word. I don't mean to nitpick but there seems to be an inconsistency here and it hardly sounds like a Ted Cruz supporter would say such things.

Not trying to nitpick; but this is getting tiring.

If it's tiring it may be because you are trying to fight battles that no one else here is interested in fighting.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2017, 03:38:09 pm »
Pres reporting that shooter has died..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2017, 03:38:49 pm »
The best recent example of this was the fall of the Soviet Empire. Five years prior no one would've predicted such a dramatic development.

Exactly my point.  Saying something will never happen because it hasn't happened so far shows a lack of understanding about social forces and change.   

Often they build slowly,  then let go all at once.   Like an avalanche,  they are damned hard to predict,  but you can often see the signs of something building.

One of my Favorite Scientists in History was Leo Szilard.   He got on a train leaving Germany hours before they closed the borders to Jews trying to escape,  seemingly as if he knew exactly when things would break. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2017, 03:39:28 pm »
 Mike Bastasch‏Verified account @MikeBastasch

Trump says the shooter has died
Support the USO

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2017, 03:39:48 pm »

Too bad he can't be questioned- doubt if he was earlier.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2017, 03:39:51 pm »
 Melania Trump‏Verified account @FLOTUS 2h2 hours ago

Thank you to the first responders who rushed in to help protect those who were hurt in Alexandria, VA. My thoughts & prayers to everyone!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2017, 03:40:14 pm »
 DanRiehl‏ @DanRiehl 1m1 minute ago

One of shooter's public FB groups: Terminate The Republican Party 
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2017, 03:40:37 pm »
 Charlie Spiering‏Verified account @charliespiering 2m2 minutes ago

“Congressman Scalise is a friend… and a fighter” says Trump
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Support the USO

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2017, 03:41:46 pm »
As are the nutjobs on the right.

Pizzagate is a perfect example.

What information do you have that debunks "Pizzagate"?    I would like to see it.   

— Lord Melbourne —

« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2017, 03:42:16 pm »
One of these days...talking heads...political pundits and politicians on both sides of the aisle need to wake up pull their heads out and realize their heated inflammatory remarks have consequences.

Really @txradioguy ... NOW you want fair and balanced?  Who the hell has been calling for impeachment and resistance since Nov. 9th? 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2017, 03:42:29 pm »

Exactly my point.  Saying something will never happen because it hasn't happened so far shows a lack of understanding about social forces and change.   

Often they build slowly,  then let go all at once.   Like an avalanche,  they are damned hard to predict,  but you can often see the signs of something building.

One of my Favorite Scientists in History was Leo Szilard.   He got on a train leaving Germany hours before they closed the borders to Jews trying to escape,  seemingly as if he knew exactly when things would break. 

Yes, I think of it as the critical angle in physics.  You keep pouring sand until it reaches a point when the whole thing goes.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2017, 03:42:35 pm »

What information do you have that debunks "Pizzagate"?    I would like to see it.
:facepalm:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2017, 03:43:31 pm »

Good.  We will not have to pay for providing for his miserable carcass for the rest of his life.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2017, 03:43:32 pm »
Trump gave a good speech...no way to fault it.