Author Topic: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice  (Read 41290 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: BREAKING! Congressman Steve Scalise, Aides shot at baseball practice
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2017, 01:24:54 pm »
Let's cool it with the speculation until the facts are known. All I ever heard from right wing talk radio is "let's wait until we have all the facts." Notice how I did not use "conservative talk radio". I'm convinced that there is no "conservative" talk radio anymore, and that includes Rush and Hannity. There's always an exception, such as Mark Levin.

Mark Davis and Mike Gallagher were having an orgy of speculation this morning. It was really painful to listen to, and they were feeding off each other. Within a 30 second span, they brought Madonna, the theatre in Central Park, and Kathy Griffin into the conversation, as if they aided and abetted the shooter...they were convinced that the shooter was out to kill Republicans, and that may be true. Naturally, they speculated on the media coverage had the victims been Democrats.

Enough already! The incident occurred about an hour previous to that conversation. Beam me up, Scotty!

Has Alex Jones weighed in with a conspiracy theory yet?

Yes, there will be endless speculation until the facts are known.  And it's possible we will never know the truth.  It's like living in a dictatorship where the truth is hidden from the masses. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2017, 01:25:48 pm »
 Chad Pergram‏Verified account @ChadPergram 24m24 minutes ago

#BREAKING Scalise at Medstar in DC. Undergoing surgery for hip wound. One female USCP detail agent shot. Also at Medstar in DC.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2017, 01:26:48 pm »
Who is responsible for this vile and violent attack?  This can not be a "random" act of violence.

I've been seeing bits and pieces of it from various sites.   The shooting apparently took place on a baseball field where members of congress were practicing as some sort of team.   On one site it is claimed that the shooter asked if these congressmen were "Democrats or Republicans",   and when he was told they were Republicans he started shooting.

I blame the eliminationist rhetoric that has been continuously pumped out of the Democrat/Media complex since Trump's election. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2017, 01:27:07 pm »
Jumping to conclusions is the only exercise the talking heads get anymore.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2017, 01:27:09 pm »
And they're aided and abetted by cable news channels more than willing to give them their 15 minutes of fame, and hours of programming to fill.

Agreed.

Its time for everybody to dial it back so the media has no one to put on the air to stir the pot.

Silver Pines

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2017, 01:28:40 pm »
Let's cool it with the speculation until the facts are known. All I ever heard from right wing talk radio is "let's wait until we have all the facts." Notice how I did not use "conservative talk radio". I'm convinced that there is no "conservative" talk radio anymore, and that includes Rush and Hannity. There's always an exception, such as Mark Levin.

Mark Davis and Mike Gallagher were having an orgy of speculation this morning. It was really painful to listen to, and they were feeding off each other. Within a 30 second span, they brought Madonna, the theatre in Central Park, and Kathy Griffin into the conversation, as if they aided and abetted the shooter...they were convinced that the shooter was out to kill Republicans, and that may be true. Naturally, they speculated on the media coverage had the victims been Democrats.

Enough already! The incident occurred about an hour previous to that conversation. Beam me up, Scotty!

Dana Loesch is the only one of them I listen to, and she always stresses waiting until the facts are in before making assumptions.

That said, she has an audience, and I don't think there's any harm in us discussing here.  Everyone has been pretty much sticking to the facts we have.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2017, 01:29:37 pm »
My Ruger stock is gonna go nuts today!!!  Opening bell in 1 minute.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2017, 01:31:18 pm »
 NBC Nightly News‏Verified account @NBCNightlyNews 1m1 minute ago

LATEST: Virginia shooting:

Wounded:

-Rep. Scalise
-2 Capitol Police officers
-congressional aide

Gunman down.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2017, 01:32:45 pm »

I've been seeing bits and pieces of it from various sites.   The shooting apparently took place on a baseball field where members of congress were practicing as some sort of team.   On one site it is claimed that the shooter asked if these congressmen were "Democrats or Republicans",   and when he was told they were Republicans he started shooting.

I blame the eliminationist rhetoric that has been continuously pumped out of the Democrat/Media complex since Trump's election. 

If that is true then liberals/Democrats are on par with terrorist groups.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2017, 01:33:14 pm »
That play that is out there, what these comedians like Griffin, etc. have been out saying.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2017, 01:35:00 pm »
Debra Burlingame‏ @DebraBurlingame 40s41 seconds ago

When liberals cheer the mock execution of a Republican president, why would anyone be surprised by nutjob targeting GOP?

While it is always wise not to jump to conclusions, I am going to guess that the shooter's motivation had nothing to do with the designated hitter rule.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2017, 01:36:25 pm »
 Mike Emanuel‏Verified account @MikeEmanuelFox 2m2 minutes ago

Security is particularly tight on Capitol Hill. I'm seeing a lot of stunned, stressed and upset faces.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2017, 01:38:37 pm »
 Savannah Guthrie‏Verified account @SavannahGuthrie 6m6 minutes ago

Suspect is alive according to NBC affiliate WRC
Support the USO

Oceander

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2017, 01:39:50 pm »
Savannah Guthrie‏Verified account @SavannahGuthrie 6m6 minutes ago

Suspect is alive according to NBC affiliate WRC

That would be good, if true. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2017, 01:43:15 pm »
While it is always wise not to jump to conclusions, I am going to guess that the shooter's motivation had nothing to do with the designated hitter rule.

I think it was last week that I posted a comment which pointed out that stereotyping and bias are in fact survival techniques.   

You don't have time to ponder whether a snake that you are about to step on is poisonous or not.   You will likely live longer if you simply assume that it is.   I.E. "Stereotyping."   

Using the short hand of stereotyping to classify potential threats that you encounter will help you avoid dangerous situations. 

That being said,  i'm going to leap to the conclusion that this shooter was another psycho Democrat,  and possibly a Homosexual or Muslim.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online libertybele

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2017, 01:44:05 pm »
Unfortunately, this could as easily be someone from the alt-right who decided to do something about those treasonous RINOs in Congress.

Given the climate in the country with the accusations from the Clinton camp about GOP/Trump/Russian collusion and Russian hacking into the election as one of the many reasons why she lost; I highly doubt it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2017, 01:45:19 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2017, 01:45:45 pm »
 Joe Walsh‏Verified account @WalshFreedom 3m3 minutes ago

GOP Congressmen targeted this am in a mass shooting.

To those on the Left: How about now u stop all this constant assassination talk?

Ok?
Support the USO

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2017, 01:47:52 pm »
Has Alex Jones weighed in with a conspiracy theory yet?

Yes, there will be endless speculation until the facts are known.  And it's possible we will never know the truth.  It's like living in a dictatorship where the truth is hidden from the masses.

This country has an integrity deficit greater than our fiscal deficit. Until it's arrested, no one can logically say this country's best days are ahead of it.

I've been working on a speech to my family for Father's Day. First time I've done that, but I think the time is right. This topic will be but a footnote to the general tenor, which I hope will be uplifting. The genesis for it comes from the passing of my FIL about 10 years ago. He was ill, and was on a waiting list for a liver transplant. His death about a month after Christmas was still a surprise to us.

The torment I saw on my brothers and sisters in law was palpable, they felt guilty for not "settling their debts" with him. I went through that a bit myself, as my father and stepfather passed away within a week of each other. My father's death was sudden, while my stepfather passed from emphysema. Five minutes after we said our goodbyes and I left his room, he went into a coma and passed away that day.

I had been teaching Old Testament to the 6th graders in my parish for about ten years at that point. It was through those lessons that I came to understand the concept of God's unconditional love for us. It further manifested itself in the unconditional love that parents have for their children. That was the message I gave to my in-laws, that for whatever guilt and anguish they were feeling, their dad had forgiven them long ago.

There are moments that my children have given me that I call their perpetual "get out of jail free" cards. They can be great achievements, or simple moments. My oldest son has a trove of moments, lol, to include playing in a concert at St. Patrick's cathedral in Dublin, the night before his HS band would march in the St. Patrick's Day parade. It was overwhelming, to see my son performing in that historic setting.

My apologies for the hijack, I tend to wax a bit too philosophical on days like this.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2017, 01:48:10 pm »

Congressman Roger Williams on the bench. Looks like Kevin Brady digging in the first aid kit.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2017, 01:48:37 pm »
I'm in shock.

Prayers for the Congressman and all involved.

This is MADNESS!!!

It is insane.  We can thank the MSM/DEM hourly smear campaign against Trump and the GOP!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2017, 01:49:14 pm »
My Ruger stock is gonna go nuts today!!!  Opening bell in 1 minute.

Is your brother Gordon Gekko?   22222frying pan

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2017, 01:49:24 pm »
Unfortunately, this could as easily be someone from the alt-right who decided to do something about those treasonous RINOs in Congress.

Its certainly possible. There is plenty of hate for republicans being expressed all across the political spectrum.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2017, 01:50:38 pm »

Boo Hoo

Who wouldn't bring in the ugly environment in this country. What Griffin did, that play.

But wouldn't you know, some "conservatives" bring up Limbaugh and Hannity as well. But they aren't being political.  @CatherineofAragon

*****rollingeyes*****

Kudos to Mike Gallagher and others.

:thumbsup3:

I guess when President Lincoln was shot, it wouldn't be proper to talk about the climate of the country.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2017, 01:51:22 pm »
Mike Emanuel‏Verified account @MikeEmanuelFox 2m2 minutes ago

Security is particularly tight on Capitol Hill. I'm seeing a lot of stunned, stressed and upset faces.

What's the big deal? Washington DC has left us all with stunned, stressed, and upset spaces for at least a decade. I'm more worried about the kneejerk reaction from Congress.