Author Topic: U.S. Senate Votes on Blocking Portion of Arms Sale to Saudi Arabia  (Read 1712 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: U.S. Senate Votes on Blocking Portion of Arms Sale to Saudi Arabia
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 03:59:45 am »
@Bigun
I hope you don't mind, but this has to be said bigger...

I think most people don't realize how large and diverse the House of Saud is.

@Suppressed

At one time,and maybe even now for all I know,they were the largest shareholders in Citi-Bank,and also owned large chucks of Ford. Truth to tell,if they were to just decide one day to dump all their American stock chances are the stock market would crash. The Royal family has to much money that even minor princes are insanely rich. One was in the news because he had a custom body for a new Mercedes coupe made out of silver,and then paid to have someone take all the parts from an actual brand new Mercedes coupe and transfer them to the silver body. Silver body as in actual silver,not the color silver. IIRC,he has around 300 exotics in his collection,and the silver Mercedes is just one of them. He rarely/never drives it because you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand how hot a car made from silver gets in the desert sun.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Suppressed

Re: U.S. Senate Votes on Blocking Portion of Arms Sale to Saudi Arabia
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 05:02:25 am »
The House of Saud has about 15,000 (!) members.  Some support terrorism; some fight it aggressively.  Even if 10-15% hold most of the wealth and power, that's still a lot of people with a great spread of personalities and loyalties.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn