Author Topic: Sen. Rand Paul: If you support Israel, you can't support more arms sales to Saudi Arabia  (Read 477 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sen. Rand Paul: If you support Israel, you can't support more arms sales to Saudi Arabia

In 2016, Congress overwhelmingly voted to allow the family members of those killed in the 9/11 attacks to sue Saudi Arabia. So why, less than a year later, are we agreeing to sell Saudi Arabia billions of dollars in arms to further escalate a war that has been loudly and repeatedly condemned internationally?

And why should Congress – the branch constitutionally charged with debating and approving America’s involvement in war – remain silent?

This week, a bipartisan group of senators will make sure the people’s representatives go on the record when the U.S. Senate takes up our joint resolution of disapproval.

The United States must also take into full consideration whether providing more arms to Saudi Arabia is beneficial to our ally in the region – Israel. It would seem counterproductive to provide weapons that might someday be used against Israel. 

If the past is any indication, any time we sell weapons to an adversary of Israel, the Israelis are forced to purchase more and newer weapons which only escalates an arms race in the Middle East.

Continued: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/06/13/sen-rand-paul-if-support-israel-cant-support-more-arms-sales-to-saudi-arabia.html   

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Considering the mess in Qatar right now and our military potentially in that cross-fire......   I gotta agree.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rand is right on this one.

But he should have gone further.

If we support The West, then we can't support arms sales to ANY muslim, ANYwhere.