Author Topic: Walker: Trump’s trip to Wisconsin to focus on filling the skills gap in manufacturing jobs  (Read 334 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Walker: Trump’s trip to Wisconsin to focus on filling the skills gap in manufacturing jobs
Washington Times, Jun 13, 2017, Sally Persons

Gov. Scott Walker said Tuesday that President Trump’s visit to Wisconsin Tuesday highlights alternative education to fill the skills gap in manufacturing jobs.

“We’ve got jobs, but we just need people with the skills, and the qualifications and the education needed to fill them,” Mr. Walker said on Fox News.

The Republican governor said Mr. Trump is genuinely interested in filling this gap and not just bringing attention to the issues. Mr. Walker said he and Mr. Trump both want states to have more power in fixing this problem.

“When I talked to the president about this, it wasn’t just using the bully pulpit, for which he’s got the biggest bully pupil in the world. It was looking at all these workforce investment programs, even welfare reform, and [he] said give more power to the states,” Mr. Walker said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/13/scott-walker-trumps-trip-wisconsin-focus-filling-s/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This trip will go unnoticed..all eyes are on Sessions testimony today.....don't understand why Trump didn't reschedule this.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This trip will go unnoticed..all eyes are on Sessions testimony today.....don't understand why Trump didn't reschedule this.

Because the President's job involves more than waiting for the coast to be clear?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Walker was the guy I had hoped would be the 2016 nominee.  What a flop he was after getting elected twice and surviving recall.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.