Author Topic: Trump to Waste Billions on Union Goons’ Control of Infrastructure  (Read 461 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump to Waste Billions on Union Goons’ Control of Infrastructure

(Paul Chesser, Liberty Headlines) As President Donald Trump began to roll out specifics about his $1 trillion plan to expand and improve the nation’s infrastructure last week, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao told a House committee that the administration intended to use “prevailing wages” under an 85-year-old law that would cost taxpayers billions of dollars more than the projects otherwise would.

But a group that advocates for individual workers’ freedoms claims that building and repairing the nation’s roads, bridges and waterways under the 1931 Davis-Bacon wage law would represent a huge financial and political payoff to Big Labor’s power brokers.

While it’s generally believed that rank-and-file union members helped Trump win in Rust Belt states such as Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania – despite labor leaders’ support for Hillary Clinton – the National Right to Work Committee says rewarding organized labor with unjustifiably inflated wages would cost taxpayers too much. And, the organization says, adhering to Davis-Bacon would result in far fewer jobs created and a smaller number of badly needed projects completed.

“This outdated and wasteful law puts independent contractors and subcontractors at a disadvantage in submitting proposals – effectively barring hundreds of thousands of non-union workers from working on government-funded projects – by forcing them to follow Big Labor-dictated job classifications, pay scales, work rules and compliance requirements,” wrote Mark Mix, president of NRTWC, to President Trump in an April letter.

And while Davis-Bacon is law in the United States, NRTWC says the president can circumvent it by executive order. But Chao indicated to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on Thursday that Trump has no plans to use his presidential pen, citing expected Democratic opposition if he did.

“The administration’s proposal is to include Davis-Bacon,” Chao testified, as reported in The Hill. “For the infrastructure proposal, I’d like to see it passed, and I understand that without the provision, the minority would not sign on.”

At least one Democratic member of Congress confirmed Chao’s assumption.....................

http://www.libertyheadlines.com/trump-save-billions-leaving-big-labor-infrastructure-plans/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'm especially irritated with our infrastructure builders right now.

About 10 of my 15 miles to work are traveled on a road that is torn up with traffic directed to one lane during daylight hours and the crew is only working 3 days per week.

WTF?

Online kevindavis007

I'm especially irritated with our infrastructure builders right now.

About 10 of my 15 miles to work are traveled on a road that is torn up with traffic directed to one lane during daylight hours and the crew is only working 3 days per week.

WTF?

Here is the Construction schedules in Illinois:

Schedule 1:

1. Start to tear up the road (that was worked on the previous year) in Spring
2. Work on it for a bit during the summer
3. Go on strike
4. After strike work on it non stop

Schedule 2:

1. Start a major project in Spring
3. Go on strike
4. Delay the major project after finding something
5. Finish it after two years of promised date of completion.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Here is the Construction schedules in Illinois:

Schedule 1:

1. Start to tear up the road (that was worked on the previous year) in Spring
3. Go on strike
4. After strike work on it non stop

Schedule 2:

1. Start a major project in Spring
3. Go on strike
4. Delay the major project after finding something
5. Finish it after two years of promised date of completion.

I assume that they're going to repave M-50 here between Napoleon and Vandercook Lk MI. They started by cutting out 3 foot wide segments every 20 or 30 feet and repaving those. Now they've dug the unpaved shoulder down to about 3 feet deep, dumped piles of gravel in it, put up cones and walked away.

Offline endicom

If Congress won't at least modify the law then we're stuck with the problem. For as long as federal money is determinant, that is.