Author Topic: Our Treasonous Media Is a Clear and Present Danger  (Read 13922 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Our Treasonous Media Is a Clear and Present Danger
« on: June 12, 2017, 09:46:54 pm »
Our Treasonous Media Is a Clear and Present Danger

I’m also not precisely stupid. I can read print if it’s six feet tall and in letters of fire. I think I was fifteen when I tweaked to the fact that the media had a narrative, which was roughly “eventually the proletarian revolution wins over the world, and we’re all happy forever and ever.” This is why most people in Europe thought of Cuba as a paradise well into the eighties; why idiots still adorn themselves with t-shirts of the mass murderer Che Guevara; and why people who’d flinch at declaring themselves fascist don’t hesitate to call themselves communist.

This is worldwide. That’s what the media is, that’s what they do.

But the problem is this: it’s gotten worse, and in a way that hurts us. The media is endangering us all by exaggerating Trump’s supposed faults, and by pumping up "nothing burger" movements like Occupy Wall Street, or making people believe that Black Lives Matter is a huge movement all over the country, or for that matter that white people are shooting black people down in cold blood all over the country.

Above all, deny the mass media money: don’t subscribe, don’t advertise. Make them drink their own ink to survive.

We can’t restrict the press: they’re supposed to be free. The fact that they’ve been colonized by Marxists who keep everyone to the right of Lenin out doesn’t mean we shouldn’t allow them to be their own idiotic selves.

We just might end up paying dearly for the failure of the media as an institution to be, even vaguely, on the side of America.

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2017/06/11/our-treasonous-media-is-a-clear-and-present-danger/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Our Treasonous Media Is a Clear and Present Danger
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:09:09 pm »
I lived thru the 60s and 70s, which included some pretty vigorous demonstrations and protests.

But then, the media were NOT in league with the protesters.

If Patty Hearst was kidnapped (again) by violent thugs today, the media would be cheering them on.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 10:16:28 pm »
I lived thru the 60s and 70s, which included some pretty vigorous demonstrations and protests.

But then, the media were NOT in league with the protesters.

If Patty Hearst was kidnapped (again) by violent thugs today, the media would be cheering them on.

It's worse than that.  Both Clinton and Obama only got elected because the media deliberately covered up ugly and treasonous dirt on both men. 

Let me make this clear.   Bill Clinton and Barack Obama are human garbage.   They should be occupying prison cells instead of roaming around free.    Each has added to the destruction of this nation,  and they have both implemented policies that have had and will continue to have very bad consequences for the United States and for the rest of the world as well. 

This is the work of the Media.   *THEY*  did this to us by using their control of the Broadcasting infrastructure to censor information which the public badly needed to know.   

The media monopoly is a threat to our nation.    We need to pass laws making it impossible for one political party to control all the news by having a monopoly on the Broadcasting channels and equipment.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:34:07 pm »
The media monopoly is a threat to our nation.    We need to pass laws making it impossible for one political party to control all the news by having a monopoly on the Broadcasting channels and equipment.

You're too late. The federal government has had control of the airwaves for nearly a century.

You might better focus on not letting government control the internet.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 10:43:15 pm »

You're too late. The federal government has had control of the airwaves for nearly a century.

You might better focus on not letting government control the internet.

So you are saying our existing media is effectively an arm of the Federal Government? 

I will grant that it is definitely a component of the party of government,   but I don't think I would go so far as to say it is part of the government.   

Now if you are saying that the Deep State is very influential on how the media operates,  I would say that is very likely true.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 10:50:24 pm »

It's worse than that.  Both Clinton and Obama only got elected because the media deliberately covered up ugly and treasonous dirt on both men. 

Let me make this clear.   Bill Clinton and Barack Obama are human garbage.   They should be occupying prison cells instead of roaming around free.    Each has added to the destruction of this nation,  and they have both implemented policies that have had and will continue to have very bad consequences for the United States and for the rest of the world as well. 

This is the work of the Media.   *THEY*  did this to us by using their control of the Broadcasting infrastructure to censor information which the public badly needed to know.   

If any monopoly was a clear and present threat its the MSM. I'd trade Ma Bell for them anytime.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 11:06:14 pm »
If any monopoly was a clear and present threat its the MSM. I'd trade Ma Bell for them anytime.

This Democratic Republican system was not designed to function with one party control of information.   

It was designed to function where both sides had equal ability to speak to the American people.   

With our side being censored because the left owns the broadcasting infrastructure,  our system of governance is being threatened.   

We tolerate media censorship at our peril. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 11:11:51 pm »

So you are saying our existing media is effectively an arm of the Federal Government? 

I will grant that it is definitely a component of the party of government,   but I don't think I would go so far as to say it is part of the government.   

Now if you are saying that the Deep State is very influential on how the media operates,  I would say that is very likely true.   

Actually....I don't recall if it was Rush, or Chris Plante that said, paraphrased, that the Democrat Party does the media's bidding....and not the other way around.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 11:16:49 pm »
Fine what do you want to happen then??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 11:19:59 pm »

I know EXACTLY what needs to happen.   And that's all I'll say about it.     :nometalk:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 12:03:39 am »
Conservatives will not again succeed in defeating the power of Progressive statism until they realize that their first order of business ought not be winning control of the government, but instead, of the culture. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 12:07:50 am »

This Democratic Republican system was not designed to function with one party control of information.   

It was designed to function where both sides had equal ability to speak to the American people.   

With our side being censored because the left owns the broadcasting infrastructure,  our system of governance is being threatened.   

We tolerate media censorship at our peril.

ABC's radio news just ran their top of the hour offering:

1) Trump Russian Tapes
2) Sessions to testify
3) Confederate Statues coming down in New Orleans
4) Cosby Trial

Nothing else going on in the world. No wonder people are so damn ignorant.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 12:13:39 am »
ABC's radio news just ran their top of the hour offering:

1) Trump Russian Tapes
2) Sessions to testify
3) Confederate Statues coming down in New Orleans
4) Cosby Trial

Nothing else going on in the world. No wonder people are so damn ignorant.
As a young adult, I used to listen to my shortwave radio (I was a lonely adolescent) and marvel at the clever efficiency of Radio Moscow in presenting propaganda as self-evident, impartial fact. Our own media now do this with less guile than their ideological predecessors, but to greater effect.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 12:15:01 am »

I want all of us to join a conservative forum and bash those msm bashtards repeatedly about the face and ears.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 12:43:12 am »
As a young adult, I used to listen to my shortwave radio (I was a lonely adolescent) and marvel at the clever efficiency of Radio Moscow in presenting propaganda as self-evident, impartial fact. Our own media now do this with less guile than their ideological predecessors, but to greater effect.

At least TASS wasn't actively working to destroy their country. Our news media are too stupid to realize where their dissembling and progressive advocacy will without a doubt lead us.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 12:57:24 am »
At least TASS wasn't actively working to destroy their country. Our news media are too stupid to realize where their dissembling and progressive advocacy will without a doubt lead us.
A common admonishment has it that one ought never ascribe to evil that which is adequately explained by stupidity. This is often true. 

But I would add, as a corollary: Never ascribe to stupidity that which is more correctly identified as a desire to deceive.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 01:03:01 am »
I know EXACTLY what needs to happen.   And that's all I'll say about it.     :nometalk:

I agree that the media is corrupt and too much of an influence but what about all the ways individuals can get news today that by-passes the media completely.

I took a daily newspaper all my life and my parents before me did the same.  I haven't taken a paper in two years.  Also, I no longer watch the news on television.

And, yet, I somehow have a vague idea of what's going on in the world..

And I don't think I'm alone.  So, I'm not sure we have to kill the media ... I think it's dying all by itself.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 01:03:24 am »
A common admonishment has it that one ought never ascribe to evil that which is adequately explained by stupidity. This is often true. 

But I would add, as a corollary: Never ascribe to stupidity that which is more correctly identified as a desire to deceive.

Maybe, but the question is to what end?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 01:23:48 am »
Maybe, but the question is to what end?
Often: power and wealth as obtained by access to government influence, as opposed to commercial success, and the voluntary exchange of value upon which that would depend.   

Offline rodamala

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 04:36:14 am »
This is tripe.

The largest threat to the Republic are the millions upon millions of ignorant voters that can't think for themselves and see the agendas of The Press.

"Media" can be biased as they want... it is constitutionally protected... the problem is we have people in this nation that are voting morons with no stake in the Republic.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2017, 06:21:51 am »
I agree that the media is corrupt and too much of an influence but what about all the ways individuals can get news today that by-passes the media completely.

I took a daily newspaper all my life and my parents before me did the same.  I haven't taken a paper in two years.  Also, I no longer watch the news on television.

And, yet, I somehow have a vague idea of what's going on in the world..

And I don't think I'm alone.  So, I'm not sure we have to kill the media ... I think it's dying all by itself.
Well, yes, there are lots of ways to get news. Facebook and Twitter, snapchat, et al. And if you get really curious and wonder if, for instance, that pipeline company really is bulldozing tipis to dig trenches through Indian burial grounds on the Reservation to bury a brand new leaky oil pipeline and destroy water quality forever, why all you have to do is turn on ABCNNBCBS and they'll verify that, if the Washington Post and the New York Times haven't already.

The only problem is that it's all lies.

While some of us regard that pipeline as critical infrastructure, and in this case, infrastructure that is being done right with few problems during the shakedown test run, that's really only a little thing.

I haven't bought a daily paper since I had a parakeet, and that was the same AP feed everyone else gets.
When the bird died, I cancelled. No cage to line.

The big news, the international and domestic political news, is even worse, laced with far more paid 'ordinary' people on the street with an agenda on their paycheck, and maybe even in their hearts, to post on 'social media' and sway the public opinion by first being convincing, and if that doesn't work, silencing by any means necessary any opinion but the one they are paid to promote.

Don't think for a second the narrative isn't being pushed from every direction, which is why many of us have little tolerance for fora where the discussion isn't civilized. If incivility is endemic, it is usually an indicator of people with an agenda, not facts to back it.

I don't watch much on television, either, as far as news goes, just the local channel, and I find out far more on the web--but that requires being skeptical of all, thinking about what has been reported, seeing who said what with what agenda, and even doing a little digging to sort out who's lying now. At times, they all are.

I remain ever conscious of the fact that Walter Cronkite did more damage to US military efforts in Vietnam than the combined forces of the VC, the NVA, and their advisors form both sides of the Iron Curtain when he said the war was unwinnable while the Marines were mopping up the last of the VC in Hue. The Viet Cong had been broken as a fighting force, and our guys fought mostly NVA after that.
And that's the way it was.

At least Dan Rather got caught.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2017, 12:39:46 pm »
This is tripe.

The largest threat to the Republic are the millions upon millions of ignorant voters that can't think for themselves and see the agendas of The Press.

"Media" can be biased as they want... it is constitutionally protected... the problem is we have people in this nation that are voting morons with no stake in the Republic.

@rodamala

*Applause*

The majority of the nation's people is willing to be spoon-fed a few well-chosen headlines and talking points.  They take those as gospel without it ever occurring to them that they can and should do a little checking of their own.

Our side is guilty of it, too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2017, 12:47:10 pm »
This is tripe.

You're ignoring the results of the last election @rodamala and the polls taken of those "ignorant voters" showing the American people are awake and understand what's happening.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/25/harvard-harris-poll-majority-americans-think-mainstream-media-publishes-fake-news

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2017, 01:12:40 pm »
This is tripe.

@rodamala
@CatherineofAragon

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

People like to point to Thomas Jefferson's well known dislike of the press but he was equally disgusted with the people and their love of gossip and lies.

These clowns who claim to be in some kind of war on the media are lying, their war is against the 1st amendment. They constantly squeal about anonymous or unnamed sources but that anonymity has long been upheld as a source of free speech for the press and the people.

Just a few years ago in Michigan, conservatives fought off a liberal attempt to classify, license and regulate blogs vs "legitimate" media. Now I'm not so sure those same conservatives wouldn't lead the charge.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2017, 01:35:30 pm »
@rodamala
@CatherineofAragon

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

People like to point to Thomas Jefferson's well known dislike of the press but he was equally disgusted with the people and their love of gossip and lies.

These clowns who claim to be in some kind of war on the media are lying, their war is against the 1st amendment. They constantly squeal about anonymous or unnamed sources but that anonymity has long been upheld as a source of free speech for the press and the people.

Just a few years ago in Michigan, conservatives fought off a liberal attempt to classify, license and regulate blogs vs "legitimate" media. Now I'm not so sure those same conservatives wouldn't lead the charge.

@Cripplecreek
A naive position at best.  Our media today is not an example of a free press.   Its is a leftist propaganda machine controlled by the globalists and intent on the destruction of America.  Most of the main stream media is heavily connected and influenced by government and power brokers who manipulate the message for power and influence.

The only question is what to do about it.   Free speech and free press is essential to a free country.  When the likes of George Soros are funding 'free speech' marches then 'Houston we have a problem'
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.