Author Topic: Secret Service Has No Audio or Transcripts of Any Tapes Made in Trump White House  (Read 595 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: WALL STREET JOURNAL

URL: https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-service-has-no-audio-recordings-or-transcripts-made-in-trump-white-house-1497291979

By Louise Radnofsky

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Secret Service has no audio copies or transcripts of any tapes recorded within President Donald Trump’s White House, the agency said on Monday.

The agency’s response to a freedom of information request submitted by The Wall Street Journal doesn’t exclude the possibility that recordings could have been created by another entity.

The Secret Service handled recording systems within the White House for past presidents, including Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy.

(Excerpt) Read more at above link ...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Its too bad the GOP wasn't this proficient at distracting Obama during his terms.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ConservativeGranny

I hope nobody is actually holding their breath waiting for these tapes.

Offline Idiot

Yup....they never existed.  You could tell by the expression on Trump's face that he wasn't exactly being honest about it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yup....they never existed.  You could tell by the expression on Trump's face that he wasn't exactly being honest about it.

Come on, man.

Saying, "Mr. Comey had better hope there are no tapes...." is NOT a lie. 

It was a poor bluff at best.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
John Miller has them.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Come on, man.

Saying, "Mr. Comey had better hope there are no tapes...." is NOT a lie. 

It was a poor bluff at best.

Seemed to work pretty well.   ^-^

Offline ConservativeGranny

I think it was a huge mistake for Trump to issued a veiled threat like that to Comey. Comey has said that statement prompted him to have his friend read some of his notes to the press.  In other words, Trump had to poke Comey with a stick and get into a p***ing match with him.

The more Trump does stuff like this the more guilty it makes him look. You have to pick your battles if you are smart. This was not the mountain for Trump to die on.