Author Topic: Bharara says Trump phone calls made him uncomfortable  (Read 1081 times)

Wingnut

Bharara says Trump phone calls made him uncomfortable
« on: June 12, 2017, 01:04:06 am »
Bharara was a “resistance Democrat.”!   Aren't they all anymore these days! 

By Sandhya Somashekhar and Jenna Johnson June 11 at 7:22 PM
Preet Bharara, a prominent former U.S. attorney ousted by President Trump, said Sunday that he reported to the Justice Department efforts by the president to “cultivate some kind of relationship” with him, describing phone calls from Trump that made him increasingly uncomfortable.

In his first sit-down interview since his March removal, Bharara said he reported one of the phone calls to the chief of staff for Attorney General Jeff Sessions because it made him uneasy. He said he was dismissed from the important prosecutor’s job in Manhattan only 22 hours after he finally refused to take a call from the president.

The recollections add a new dimension to the intensifying debate over Trump’s firing of former FBI director James B. Comey, who was removed from his job after private conversations with Trump that he viewed as inappropriate. Comey testified before Congress last week that Trump told him he hoped the FBI would drop an investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Trump has said Comey’s version of events is untrue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bharara-says-trump-phone-calls-made-him-uncomfortable/2017/06/11/53d4b090-4ebe-11e7-91eb-9611861a988f_story.html?utm_term=.f0690db6380c

Offline corbe

Re: Bharara says Trump phone calls made him uncomfortable
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:51:01 am »
    Word through anonymous sources at the NYT indicate Trump fired him as 'another' favor to hellary.

Is America's toughest prosecutor acting on the Clinton Foundation?

Preet Bharara, scourge of corrupt NY pols, 'investigating' family charity
  In New York City, where the charity is based, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, is reportedly probing the investigation
  The prosecutor made a name for himself in the midst of the the financial crisis by acting on fraud and public corruption cases
  He's taken down Bernie Madoff associates, state senators and a New York Assembly speaker and forced big banks to pay large fines
  Clinton Foundation donations have caused heartburn for Hillary Clinton as she pursues the Oval Office

By Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com

Published: 17:34 EDT, 12 August 2016  | Updated: 20:18 EDT, 12 August 2016

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3736807/Is-America-s-toughest-prosecutor-acting-Clinton-Foundation-Preet-Bharara-scourge-corrupt-NY-pols-investigating-family-charity.html#ixzz4jkhziAUO
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:54:45 am »
    Word through anonymous sources at the NYT indicate Trump fired him as 'another' favor to hellary.

Is America's toughest prosecutor acting on the Clinton Foundation?

Preet Bharara, scourge of corrupt NY pols, 'investigating' family charity
  In New York City, where the charity is based, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, is reportedly probing the investigation
  The prosecutor made a name for himself in the midst of the the financial crisis by acting on fraud and public corruption cases
  He's taken down Bernie Madoff associates, state senators and a New York Assembly speaker and forced big banks to pay large fines
  Clinton Foundation donations have caused heartburn for Hillary Clinton as she pursues the Oval Office

By Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com

Published: 17:34 EDT, 12 August 2016  | Updated: 20:18 EDT, 12 August 2016

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3736807/Is-America-s-toughest-prosecutor-acting-Clinton-Foundation-Preet-Bharara-scourge-corrupt-NY-pols-investigating-family-charity.html#ixzz4jkhziAUO

I always believe anonymous sources at the New York Times.  It's become my lodestar.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 02:59:03 am »
... Bharara said he reported one of the phone calls to the chief of staff for Attorney General Jeff Sessions because it made him uneasy.

Comey and Bharara's severance packages should be augmented to include lifetime supplies
of Tampons.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 03:00:50 am »
Has Bharara said what about the calls made him uncomfortable?  Or is he just going snowflake?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 03:01:31 am »
The recollections add a new dimension to the intensifying debate over Trump’s firing of former FBI director James B. Comey

No it does not. 

But it sure does make one wonder who the hell came up with the "frightened American male" line of attack.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 03:03:47 am »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 03:05:55 am »
 :silly:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 03:09:34 am »
Has Bharara said what about the calls made him uncomfortable?  Or is he just going snowflake?

I can only surmise that he has gone full-on, whimpering snowflake, @Oceander.

These passive males, like the 6'8", milquetoast giant Comey, just can't meet a challenging figure head-on.

Barba non facit philosophum.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 03:10:36 am »
I can only surmise that he has gone full-on, whimpering snowflake, @Oceander.

These passive males, like the 6'8", milquetoast giant Comey, just can't meet a challenging figure head-on.

It depends.  Comey's statements were unconvincing, but it's possible that other peoples' statements might be more believable.

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 03:11:56 am »
It depends.  Comey's statements were unconvincing, but it's possible that other peoples' statements might be more believable.

Crossing your fingers and toes?

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 03:15:59 am »
Crossing your fingers and toes?

Don't have to.  Trump has already shown himself to be a sleazebag.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 03:54:44 am »
I always believe anonymous sources at the New York Times.  It's become my lodestar.
That is one FANTASTIC avatar! @Emjay

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 04:16:56 am »
That is one FANTASTIC avatar! @Emjay

Thanks.  I like it.  I was using a picture of my son-in-law and his and my daughter's dog, Sparky, the Golden Retriever.

But Sparky died suddenly three days ago at the age of only six and the household is in doggie mourning.

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 04:19:55 am »
Thanks.  I like it.  I was using a picture of my son-in-law and his and my daughter's dog, Sparky, the Golden Retriever.

But Sparky died suddenly three days ago at the age of only six and the household is in doggie mourning.

So sorry to hear this @Emjay

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 05:26:18 am »
So sorry to hear this @Emjay

Thank you.  He was a good dog.