Author Topic: Qatar, accused of supporting terrorism, hires ex-U.S. attorney general  (Read 872 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Qatar, accused of supporting terrorism, hires ex-U.S. attorney general
Reuters, Jun 10, 2017

The government of Qatar has hired John Ashcroft, the U.S. attorney general during the Sept. 11 attacks, as it seeks to rebut accusations from U.S. President Donald Trump and its Arab neighbors that it supports terrorism.

Qatar will pay the Ashcroft Law Firm $2.5 million for a 90-day period as the country seeks to confirm its efforts to fight global terrorism and comply with financial regulations including U.S. Treasury rules, according to a Foreign Agents Registration Act, or FARA, filing on Friday with the Justice Department.

"The firm's work will include crisis response and management, program and system analysis, media outreach, education and advocacy regarding the client's historical, current and future efforts to combat global terror and its compliance goals and accomplishments," according to a letter by Ashcroft firm partner Michael Sullivan included in the filing.

More:  http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gulf-qatar-ashcroft-idUSKBN1910T6?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=593c42e004d3011080fff49a&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Interesting story, let's see if Ashcroft can help them any.

Offline Rivergirl

The irony...........Saudi Arabia is a notorious supporter of terror and they are whining about Qatar?
Can anyone explain this insanity?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The irony...........Saudi Arabia is a notorious supporter of terror and they are whining about Qatar?
Can anyone explain this insanity?
Smokescreen. Fourteen of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudis, and for that matter, so was Osama bin Laden.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Smokescreen. Fourteen of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudis, and for that matter, so was Osama bin Laden.

Exactly.  He surely was schmoosing Saudi Arabia.  That was some speech but a complete misunderstanding of Islam and the ME as a whole.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Exactly.  He surely was schmoosing Saudi Arabia.  That was some speech but a complete misunderstanding of Islam and the ME as a whole.
He has a history of business deals with the Saudis. I pointed this out before the election and caught hell for it at TOS. If you do a web search for the Kingdom 5 KR, you will find it to be the renamed (former) Trump Princess, and learn more about the deals.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
He has a history of business deals with the Saudis. I pointed this out before the election and caught hell for it at TOS. If you do a web search for the Kingdom 5 KR, you will find it to be the renamed (former) Trump Princess, and learn more about the deals.

Yep.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.