Author Topic: Karl Rove is done with Trump (snip)  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Karl Rove is done with Trump (snip)
« on: June 10, 2017, 01:05:03 pm »
Quote from: Rawstory

Republicans have been slow to come out against President Donald Trump but conservative strategist Karl Rove is done.

In a blistering op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, Rove said, “Trump lacks the focus or self-discipline to do the basic work required of a president.”

Rove began explaining why Trump’s tweeting doesn’t remove the media barrier between Trump and the citizenry, it consistently undermines his administration and his political agenda. Citing Trump’s tweets calling his executive order a “travel ban,” Rove said the legal strategy defending the ban “lies in tatters.”

....(snip)....

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/karl-rove-is-done-with-trump-he-lacks-the-focus-or-self-discipline-to-do-the-basic-work-required-of-a-president/

Link to the WSJ original article...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/political-death-by-1-000-tweets-1496875182

I don't know who I distrust more..Karl Rove or Trump... but probable Karl... I will never forget him talking to La Raza talking about amnesty behind the America public's eye. Karl is no magnificent bastard... just a bastard to the fly over conservatives like me (imho of course)...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:07:21 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Karl Rove is done with Trump (snip)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 01:43:27 pm »
I'd call it more of an effort to issue a wake up call then "being done".

He makes some valid points about the damage often done to his Trump's own agenda by unvetted tweeting. The real answer is that Trump needs someone he trusts....and who will tell him no...to screen his tweets BEFORE the go public. The tweets are a powerful tool to control the news cycle, get out his perspective, and...honestly...to push his opponents into acts of absurdity. They can also be a shot to his own foot....so he must find a way to manage the downside of this very potent PR tool.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:16:20 pm »

He makes some valid points about the damage often done to his Trump's own agenda by unvetted tweeting. The real answer is that Trump needs someone he trusts....and who will tell him no...to screen his tweets BEFORE the go public. The tweets are a powerful tool to control the news cycle, get out his perspective, and...honestly...to push his opponents into acts of absurdity. They can also be a shot to his own foot....so he must find a way to manage the downside of this very potent PR tool.

IOWs a 70 y/o child that needs supervision is head of the free world. Sigh....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 04:36:52 pm »
Yeah?

I was 'Done' with Rove years ago.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 06:11:08 pm »
Karl Rove is done with Trump

I hate that bastard.   He is the major reason why Bush kept moving left.   Karl Rove thinks he got Bush elected,  but the truth is that Bush got elected *IN SPITE*  of Karl Rove's efforts to wreck him through his stupid moderate outreach crap. 

Karl Rove needed to get off the national stage over a decade ago.   He has never been helpful to fixing the nation's problems. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »
IOWs a 70 y/o child that needs supervision is head of the free world. Sigh....

Much better than a foreign national communist idiot in my opinion.    Throwing darts at a wall would have made a better President than Barack Obama,  or for that matter Hillary Clinton.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 06:21:53 pm »

I hate that bastard.   He is the major reason why Bush kept moving left.   Karl Rove thinks he got Bush elected,  but the truth is that Bush got elected *IN SPITE*  of Karl Rove's efforts to wreck him through his stupid moderate outreach crap. 

Karl Rove needed to get off the national stage over a decade ago.   He has never been helpful to fixing the nation's problems.

He's a progressive and always has been!  He and his buddy Karen Hughes totally f'd up the Bush domestic agenda and I  will never forgive them for that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 06:29:44 pm »

Much better than a foreign national communist idiot in my opinion.    Throwing darts at a wall would have made a better President than Barack Obama,  or for that matter Hillary Clinton.   

Or for that matter, Donald Trump. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 06:54:58 pm »
Or for that matter, Donald Trump.

Oh,  another "I hate Trump!"  message crouched in different words.   How mundane.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 06:58:33 pm »
When was he ever with Trump?

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 07:01:06 pm »

Oh,  another "I hate Trump!"  message crouched in different words.   How mundane.   

Whatever.  Another self-defensive snowflake.  Whatever. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 05:42:43 am »

I'm not sure about the actual harm done to Trump by his tweets.

They do provide the media with fodder to make fun of him, but have any of his tweets been wrong or libelous to the point of real harm to Trump.

I think his supporters like them, his enemies hate them and the rest of us just look on in wonder.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LastJedi

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 06:40:58 am »
Heh, if Rove is done with Trump, then I'm done with him. Actually, I have been for a long time. That RINO needs to take a bench seat and Fox News needs to dump him. He played no part in getting Trump elected, none whatsoever. The guy's irrelevant
"Rebellions are built on hope!" -Jyn Erso

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 06:54:02 am »
I'm not sure about the actual harm done to Trump by his tweets.

Your kidding right, Should we Covfefe it for you.....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 06:58:37 am »
Heh, if Rove is done with Trump, then I'm done with him. Actually, I have been for a long time. That RINO needs to take a bench seat and Fox News needs to dump him. He played no part in getting Trump elected, none whatsoever. The guy's irrelevant

Rove and Trump definitely have a history... and not a pretty one.... but they did sit down and meet during the election behind closed doors. Rove holds some keys to big donor groups and Trump did give one of Rove's best buddies a nice government position job even thought he did not support Trump. I don't think Rove/Trump got along, but I think they still gritted teeth and came to some arrangement.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 12:03:21 pm »

His meltdown on election night 2012 was the only amusing thing to happen that evening.....

Offline Fantom

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 12:08:23 pm »
Yeah?

I was 'Done' with Rove years ago.

+1
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 12:18:48 pm »
Rove and Trump definitely have a history... and not a pretty one.... but they did sit down and meet during the election behind closed doors. Rove holds some keys to big donor groups and Trump did give one of Rove's best buddies a nice government position job

Name, please @Sighlass

Offline Sighlass

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:44:44 pm by Sighlass »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 02:53:31 pm »
"If I've lost Rove, I've lost middle America _______."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 04:07:36 pm »
Turdblossom speaks!
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 04:12:18 pm »
Karl's kind of a hasbeen.  He should just go away and leave giving political advice to the big boys.  Ones that can work a powerpoint presentation on camera.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 06:57:58 pm »
+1

"Karl Rove? That fat, bald eunuch?"

The late, great talk jock Lee Rogers.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 07:53:40 pm »

Someone needs to 'splain to me what is so horrible about Trump's tweets.

They do make him an easy target for abuse but he was already a target for abuse.

Sometimes, he sounds illiterate but, hey, we knew that.

I think ... on balance ... the tweeting has not really hurt him.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 07:55:45 pm »
Your kidding right, Should we Covfefe it for you.....

I am not kidding.  And I believe we've shot covfefe to death and are now wasting bullets on its dead carcass.