Author Topic: Boom! Circa News Says More Meetings Between Comey and Loretta Lynch Are Going to Come to Light Soon  (Read 8808 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Emjay @Bigun
Congress is pretty disgusting, but the POTUS needs to be in the lead for the swamp draining.

Trump should have already told Jeff Sessions to empanel a grand jury to go after Hillary and all of her enablers.  (He promised to drain the swamp;  he specifically promised to put HRC in jail. He didn't need Congressional support for this, but he hasn't taken any meaningful action against her and her cronies in crime.)

I totally agree!

Offline the_doc

@Sanguine
@the_doc

That you are aware of!   I think yesterday's proceedings moved that along quite nicely even without his direction.

I agree that Comey's testimony at least cracked open a can of worms for the Dems (maybe et al?), but I don't think Trump can take credit for it.  (The operative phrase in your post is even without his direction.

Anyway, now that the worm can has been cracked open, he needs to wake all the way up from his 2 a.m. Tweeter covfefe dreams and hit the worm can with a sequence of sledgehammer prosecutions.  I think Trump's very survival depends on doing this.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:23:39 pm by the_doc »

Offline corbe

Trump's not going after the Clinton's any more or less than Comey did, NADA.  She was complimented, in person, at his Inaugural Luncheon.
   Some have argued, perceptively, that slick willie's phone call to Trump before his announcement insured this.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I, for one, do not regard these as two unrelated questions.  In my opinion, our real problem is that Trump is not draining the swamp as he had promised.  He is treading water in it.

Now here there may be some basis for concern.   I too am warily watching the goings on in Washington,  and I am wanting to see more head chopping of the entrenched bureaucracy.    Is Trump going native?  Is he simply unable to deal with all the accusations thrown at him? 

If Trump is merely treading water,  is this because this is the best he can do at this time,  or is it because this is his intent?   

All I know is that the media/establishment is our known enemy,  and damaging/destroying them is always in our best interest,  so we should focus on any ideas to accomplish that.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Emjay @Bigun
Congress is pretty disgusting, but the POTUS needs to be in the lead for the swamp draining.

Trump should have already told Jeff Sessions to empanel a grand jury to go after Hillary and all of her enablers.  (He promised to drain the swamp;  he specifically promised to put HRC in jail. He didn't need Congressional support for this, but he hasn't taken any meaningful action against her and her cronies in crime.)

I can't say I disagree with any of this.   I can only chalk up his inaction on this front to a concern that he will be accused by the media of a deliberate partisan witch hunt.   

As Federal Judges have decided his campaign rhetoric is a sufficient basis to deny the legitimacy of his acts regarding the ban on travel from known terrorist states,   so too would the media assert (and constantly)  that his campaign rhetoric about locking Hillary up constitutes the basis of a corrupt abuse of power.   

I think the Justice Department should eventually get around to the process of locking her up,   but I think Trump needs to appear very hands off and distant from the gear turning of this process.   I think the damage that could be caused by being seen as a tyrant may in fact be worse than the damage caused by allowing Hillary to get away with it. 

Trump needs to step gingerly on this.   Better that low level federal investigators and prosecutors take the lead while Trump stays far away from this political time bomb. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Sanguine
I agree that Comey's testimony at least cracked open a can of worms for the Dems (maybe et al?), but I don't think Trump can take credit for it.  (The operative phrase in your post is even without his direction.

Anyway, now that the worm can has been cracked open, he needs to wake all the way up from his 2 a.m. Tweeter covfefe dreams and hit the worm can with a sequence of sledgehammer prosecutions.  I think Trump's very survival depends on doing this.

I think the Justice Department needs to trigger a lot of prosecutions,   but I think Trump needs to stay away from directing them to do so as much as he possibly can.   

One would think some people in the Justice Department could see what needs to be done for themselves.      Why aren't they acting? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline the_doc

I think the Justice Department needs to trigger a lot of prosecutions,   but I think Trump needs to stay away from directing them to do so as much as he possibly can.   

I think Trump would take a lot of political heat for taking the lead.  But I think that a bold move by Trump would prove to be a rope-a-dope disaster for the Dems and the media.  Sworn testimony by the NYPD would quickly come out concerning the evidence Comey destroyed, and I believe it would reveal OVER-THE-TOP AWFUL stuff by the entire Clinton crime family (the kind of stuff the media has carefully avoided probing).

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No, I'm fine, thanks.

@Right_in_Virginia

Happy to hear that @CatherineofAragon .... Then you know you're admonishment to "get to work" was inaccurate.

:seeya:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I am getting the feeling that there is some "strategery" going on here.  After I heard Comey's testimony, I was thinking that what was alleged was far more damaging to Clinton than to Trump.  3 D chess vs checkers going on here perhaps?  Suck the Dems in to the point where the Clinton cabal HAS to be prosecuted?

Just thinking out loud.

That's what they should do if they aren't already. All the Media/Dem axis hysteria is designed to wear Trump and the GOP down with constant onslaught. It's not resonating with the American people. The proper countermove is to investigate them and start firing and prosecuting all their supporting cast to break that cabal to pieces.

Second thing is to use the investigations as cover to pass good legislation, third is to put in good SCOTUS nominees when the come up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I can't say I disagree with any of this.   I can only chalk up his inaction on this front to a concern that he will be accused by the media of a deliberate partisan witch hunt.   

As Federal Judges have decided his campaign rhetoric is a sufficient basis to deny the legitimacy of his acts regarding the ban on travel from known terrorist states,   so too would the media assert (and constantly)  that his campaign rhetoric about locking Hillary up constitutes the basis of a corrupt abuse of power.   

I think the Justice Department should eventually get around to the process of locking her up,   but I think Trump needs to appear very hands off and distant from the gear turning of this process.   I think the damage that could be caused by being seen as a tyrant may in fact be worse than the damage caused by allowing Hillary to get away with it. 

Trump needs to step gingerly on this.   Better that low level federal investigators and prosecutors take the lead while Trump stays far away from this political time bomb.

Yes, he does.  I don't know what @corbe meant by his reference to the Bill Clinton phone call to Trump.  Maybe he was implying that Billy has dirt on both of them but he doesn't care anymore.  Anyway, I cannot even conceive of any 'dirt' that has not already been aired.

But nobody has 'gotten' Hillary and lots of people have tried.

You know the old saying.... something like if you're gonna shoot the King, don't miss.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I keep hearing grumblings of a Hitlerly comeback.  If the GOP was smart, they need to press this one, and get Comey to explain the little miraculous tarmac visit between WJC and Lynch, and how this interplayed with her lack of an indictment.

Time to put the dagger into the Clinton machine once and for all.
That should be the entire goal, for generations. Shut that Sh*t down. Prosecute where appropriate. Convict as possible, and keep the witnesses safe. Don't want any being the cooling participants in "botched robberies", "unfortunate accidents", or just waking up dead in the morning .
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

Happy to hear that @CatherineofAragon .... Then you know you're admonishment to "get to work" was inaccurate.

:seeya:

@Right_in_Virginia

Looks like it was, in part.  According to an article at Legal Insurrection, he made some good judicial picks.

I stand by my statement that he needs to stay focused, quit reacting impulsively on Twitter, and learn to avoid the creation of unnecessary drama.

Oceander

"Get to work" is a damned good admonishment.  To start with he could start nominating people for the empty slots at so many agencies.  He is way behind where he ought to be, and dragging his feet on nominations has nothing to do with democrat obstruction and everything to do with his idiotic twitter addiction. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The problem is that we don't know if he's actually made good judicial picks and won't for a while.

I remember being called a traitor and a liberal for saying I had questions about John Roberts. Also, judges do change no matter who picks them. The federal judge who ruled in favor of gay marriage in Michigan the final time was a Reagan appointee.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
"Get to work" is a damned good admonishment.  To start with he could start nominating people for the empty slots at so many agencies.  He is way behind where he ought to be, and dragging his feet on nominations has nothing to do with democrat obstruction and everything to do with his idiotic twitter addiction.

I think it has a lot to do with a fear that he will appoint people who will end up opposing or disagreeing with him. His unnatural fixation with personal loyalty is a problem.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That should be the entire goal, for generations. Shut that Sh*t down. Prosecute where appropriate. Convict as possible, and keep the witnesses safe. Don't want any being the cooling participants in "botched robberies", "unfortunate accidents", or just waking up dead in the morning .

Yes, that is it!

Oceander

I think it has a lot to do with a fear that he will appoint people who will end up opposing or disagreeing with him. His unnatural fixation with personal loyalty is a problem.

I doubt his fixation on loyalty is unnatural; I suspect all presidents want loyalty (I'm certain Obama insisted on loyalty too).  His problem in this case was his Goomba Johnny way of asking for it; which is part and parcel of his boorish, primitive social skills.  These things work well when you're a reality show celebrity or a NYC real estate developer - spending half your time negotiating with the union goombas on the other side of the table - but, clearly, not so well when you're supposed to be the president of the USA.

@Right_in_Virginia

Looks like it was, in part.  According to an article at Legal Insurrection, he made some good judicial picks.

I stand by my statement that he needs to stay focused, quit reacting impulsively on Twitter, and learn to avoid the creation of unnecessary drama.

The President did a helluva lot more than nominate judges.  Perhaps you could rescan the information I posted for you?

And maybe next time you could post the "statement" you quote instead of taking a cheap, inaccurate and gratuitous slam at our President?  Just a friendly suggestion @CatherineofAragon ... you, of course, are the master of your own posts.   :smokin:

Offline jpsb

@Bigun

Like I said upthread, I would have him quit with the kneejerk, reactive tweets to everything he views as an attack on his ego, and to focus on his job.

I don't have a problem with his tweeting. Some are funny and most are taking the fight to our enemies (progressives).  only occasionally does he screw up and look bad.

Offline jpsb

One would think some people in the Justice Department could see what needs to be done for themselves.      Why aren't they acting?

I completely agree, let the special console and the DoJ do their jobs. Once all the Obama political appointees are replaced.

Silver Pines

The President did a helluva lot more than nominate judges.  Perhaps you could rescan the information I posted for you?

And maybe next time you could post the "statement" you quote instead of taking a cheap, inaccurate and gratuitous slam at our President?  Just a friendly suggestion @CatherineofAragon ... you, of course, are the master of your own posts.   :smokin:

@Right_in_Virginia

You might want to get a grip and calm on down, because if you expect unqualified praise for Trump from me---is he related to you or something?---you're going to be upset a lot.

Taking slams at presidents is American, and I've had it up to here with the idea that Trump is supposed to be exempt from it---that it's shameful to criticize a public employee who works for us. 

Again, I'll slam him freely and with a light heart when I think he deserves it.  If he does something I like, I'll give him credit--- not because someone thinks I should, but because it's the right thing to do.  And that credit may or may not be qualified, depending on the circumstances.  If that's not good enough for you, too bad.

Silver Pines

I don't have a problem with his tweeting. Some are funny and most are taking the fight to our enemies (progressives).  only occasionally does he screw up and look bad.

@jpsb

But that's part of the problem.  We're at the point where conservatism doesn't mean much more than irritating liberals and seeing who can come up with the biggest "gotcha."  That's allowing the left to set our agenda.  Conservatism has be more than that, or we're screwed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@jpsb

But that's part of the problem.  We're at the point where conservatism doesn't mean much more than irritating liberals and seeing who can come up with the biggest "gotcha."  That's allowing the left to set our agenda.  Conservatism has be more than that, or we're screwed.
It's better to be for something than always against what they do, even if the two coincide a lot. Bickering might play well on 'reality' TV, but this is the real deal, not just teevee. Although at times I wonder how scripted it all is.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

@CatherineofAragon on

Right now the most important thing is to implement sane immigration policies and enforce existing immigration law. We have 3 1/2 years to do that. If we do not do that no conservative will ever again be elected president. We are importing millions of democrat voters. If we do not stop that the USA as we know it is finished and American conservatism will be on the ash heap of history.

President Trump is our only hope. Why do you think the democrats are going ballistic trying to take out Trump? Everyone that claims to be conservative should be backing Trump and defending him from all the lies being told about him.

@Right_in_Virginia

Again, I'll slam him freely and with a light heart when I think he deserves it. 

Of course you will @CatherineofAragon .. I, for one, have come to expect this and will not attempt to stop you.

I'm simply asking for accuracy when commenting on the work the President is doing.  I will freely correct any falsehood when the facts do not support the statement  ... and will do so as I choose.   :shrug:

Enjoy the day!   ^-^

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:51:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »