Author Topic: Gregg Jarrett: Comey exonerates Trump – so much for obstruction  (Read 771 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gregg Jarrett: Comey exonerates Trump – so much for obstruction
Gregg Jarrett
 By Gregg Jarrett
Published June 08, 2017
Fox News

James Comey’s public testimony exonerates President Trump of obstruction of justice.

To put it simply, “hoping” that something happens is not a crime.  The law demands much more than that.  Felony obstruction requires that the person seeking to obstruct a law enforcement investigation act “corruptly.”  The statute specifically defines what that includes:  threats, lies, bribes, destruction of documents, and altering or concealing evidence.  None of that is alleged by Comey.

Instead, the fired FBI Director recounts how President Trump expressed compassion for the man he dismissed as his National Security Adviser, calling Michael Flynn “a good guy” who “has been through a lot.”  Comey agreed.  Then the president said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go.”

more
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/06/08/gregg-jarrett-comey-exonerates-trump-so-much-for-obstruction.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Gregg Jarrett: Comey exonerates Trump – so much for obstruction
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 01:09:28 am »
What's also not a crime is Comey 'feeling' like it was pressure.  He's got a future replacing Miss Cleo on late night TV with all the divining he did since the inauguration.  He 'felt' like Trump may lie about their reasons for meeting, Sessions would recuse himself, and the Deputy AG would not stay in the position long.  He also seems to know the mind of every 'reasonable' prosecutor.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 01:15:14 am »
Just to pick a nit:  if a mob boss says "I hope you can find a way to ..." to somebody who knows he's a mob boss, that would almost certainly be interpreted - correctly - as a threat, not the mere expression of a fond wish. 

That nit being picked, no, I don't believe Comey said anything that could legitimately be construed as criminal conduct by Trump. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 01:33:11 am »
Just to pick a nit......

I get what you're saying, but here's my problem with how the left and MSM are trying to construe that.  They've said all along he's an unsophisticated buffoonish boor - a bull in a china shop.  Suddenly, he's Varys from GOT - the master of whispers and clever subtlety.  They can't have it both ways.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 02:59:48 am »
Good Lord!  Is this stuff still going on?
Well, thank goodness it is all over now, and we can get back to the business of divesting the government of it's malignant control over the healthcare of our nation.

<cricket>

and taxcuts for working Americans?

..and more importantly, fighting isis and the mexicans!  but I repeat myself.

I am so very proud of this President for not fueling this clown-show through his own tweets, words, and action...brilliant maneuvering President Trump.

I am extremely excited that this story can no longer be used by the rats to hinder our shared journey towards Making America Great Again! :patriot:

According to prophesy President Trump still has over 3 years to raise a big gold T as his mark upon this world.