Author Topic: Comey Hearing: Live Thread  (Read 12053 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Comey Hearing: Live Thread
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2017, 07:55:03 pm »

All we can do at this point is to hope and pray that Trump will stay off Twitter. He could wreck the whole thing in 140 characters.

I give Trump one year to figure the job out and to know what works and what doesn't.    You have to give someone who has never held political office before a little more leeway than others.   I am confident, that by the end of the year,  he will have a much better idea how to do things.   But I always expected a lot of trial-and-error with Trump. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2017, 08:01:22 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2017, 08:10:42 pm »
I give Trump one year to figure the job out and to know what works and what doesn't.    You have to give someone who has never held political office before a little more leeway than others.   I am confident, that by the end of the year,  he will have a much better idea how to do things.   But I always expected a lot of trial-and-error with Trump.

I hope, because he makes himself look like a jackass day in and day out with that garbage.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2017, 08:31:03 pm »
Do you believe you would have been fired if Hillary Clinton was elected President?

Comey:  "I don't know, I might have been ...."

I don't think he would have been fired.

The entire idea of his press conference outlining the 'crimes' of which Hillary Clinton was guilty, but absent intent...no prosecutor would bring to court, etc.....

....was to reassure the voting public that she was a 'Patriot' and there was no 'There', there.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2017, 08:33:16 pm »
Rat bast4rd not answering the real questions on live TV.  Cannot talk about it in a open setting....PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!

That's because his answers in "closed session" would further exonerate President Trump.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2017, 09:14:59 pm »
Bill Kristol‏Verified account @BillKristol 48m48 minutes ago

It's not clear Trump committed a criminal or an impeachable offense. It is clear Trump's conduct as president in this case is indefensible.

You're full of crap, 'Billy'.

President Bush actually pardoned...I think I heard...THREE PEOPLE who were "under investigation" by an adversarial FBI director.

As Chief Executive officer of the Executive Branch he's perfectly within his right to do so.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2017, 10:25:09 pm »
 Greta Van Susteren @greta

odd:same reporter who had memo leaked to him by Comey via prof in nY, a[ls]o wrote the leaked story April 22 about Comey/Lynch and "matters"

:whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2017, 12:16:15 am »
I didn't sit and watch the testimony as Comey was giving it, I've now seen bits and pieces and this comment from him I find troubling:

"I have a message before I close for the — my former colleagues at the FBI. But first, I want the American people to know this truth: The FBI is honest. The FBI is strong. And the FBI is, and always will be, independent."

It seems to me that he stopped the investigation of Hillary prematurely and then refused to make it known awhile ago that President Trump was not under investigation; something he could have made publicly known that would have allowed our president to move forward instead of dealing with accusations and being targeted for months.  So ... where is the honesty Mr. Comey??  In my books, Comey did the FBI no favors.  None whatsoever.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:17:54 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2017, 12:43:29 am »
Comey indicted himself for leaking and conspiracy to obstruct justice with Loretta Lynch. It was astounding. The only thing that didn't leak was the fact the Trump was not under investigation.

Comey came off like a whiny vindictive little b#tch.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2017, 09:41:47 am »
Comey indicted himself for leaking and conspiracy to obstruct justice with Loretta Lynch. It was astounding. The only thing that didn't leak was the fact the Trump was not under investigation.

Comey came off like a whiny vindictive little b#tch.

Saw the lawyers and talking heads  babbling about this last night, and several of the lawyer were quoting statute after statute that Comey violated by his own testimony. The most likely outcome of all this, according to what I saw last night, is that Comey, Lynch, and several other players could be investigated, while Trump was exonerated. Not the outcome the Democrats were looking for by far.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2017, 12:35:48 pm »

At the moment, Trump is looking quite good. If it stays that way, and no Pubs turn on Trump, the Dems will have lost a lot of the momentum they were trying to gather.

The task for the President now is discipline.   Stay off twitter,  and stick to the message outlined by his attorney.  Comey admitted that Trump hasn't been under investigation,  and that Trump never pressured him to put the kibosh on the Russia investigation.   The most one can draw is that Trump, perhaps inappropriately in hindsight given the setting, express his support for a friend and distinguished military officer,  expressing the hope that his reputation wouldn't be ruined like so many others caught up in the maw of Washington bloodsport. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Technical
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2017, 01:39:47 pm »
The task for the President now is discipline.   Stay off twitter,

Too late. Donny Little Thumbs was already busy Tweeting and attacking Comey this morning.

This is what happens when you nominate a moron for President.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2017, 04:54:37 pm »
Too late. Donny Little Thumbs was already busy Tweeting and attacking Comey this morning.

This is what happens when you nominate a moron for President.

If by "moron" you mean a man who obstinately refuses to listen to counsel by those looking out for his best interests,  then it is hard for me to disagree with you. 

**nononono*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:54:57 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2017, 05:24:46 pm »
If by "moron" you mean a man who obstinately refuses to listen to counsel by those looking out for his best interests,  then it is hard for me to disagree with you. 

**nononono*

Personally I am inclined to believe that the term more accurately applies to those who placed their own rigidly doctrinaire fanatical notions of ideological purity above the best interests of the nation / themselves by casually wiping their *sses with the Buckley Rule , casting de facto votes for a vastly inferior candidate to DJT. Then stridently defended that monumentally self-stimulating decision with a vast spectrum of trite, hackneyed, utterly flaccid rationalizations based in morbid fantasies and schizoaffective hate. Now THAT is truly moronic.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:25:15 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2017, 05:34:24 pm »
Personally I am inclined to believe that the term more accurately applies to those who placed their own rigidly doctrinaire fanatical notions of ideological purity above the best interests of the nation / themselves by casually wiping their *sses with the Buckley Rule , casting de facto votes for a vastly inferior candidate to DJT. Then stridently defended that monumentally self-stimulating decision with a vast spectrum of trite, hackneyed, utterly flaccid rationalizations based in morbid fantasies and schizoaffective hate. Now THAT is truly moronic.

I can't disagree with any of that, LFL.   I vehemently opposed Trump before the election, but want him and the GOP agenda to succeed.   Too many of my former fellow NeverTrumpers want to please their egos and sense of self-importance rather than adapt to the new opportunities that Trump presents and the ongoing threats we face from the unceasing bloodsport.     
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:35:21 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2017, 05:38:08 pm »

As a person who opposed the nomination of Donald Trump with every fiber of my being because I felt strongly that there was a better option and one who also refused to vote for him in the general I would be forced to, at this point in time, to agree with every word you said.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2017, 05:40:26 pm »

I voted for the one Rump. I am entitled to criticize him all i want and you are entitled to like it, son.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2017, 05:44:41 pm »

@LateForLunch

You and I are going to get along just fine, here.    :beer:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2017, 05:45:41 pm »

Ah yes, let's deflect from Trump's lack of character and discipline to ATTACK those who refused to vote for Trump... AGAIN - because somehow you people think it exonerates his stupid and juvenile behavior?

Classic.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2017, 05:46:29 pm »
As a person who opposed the nomination of Donald Trump with every fiber of my being because I felt strongly that there was a better option and one who also refused to vote for him in the general I would be forced to, at this point in time, to agree with every word you said.

Takes a BIG man to post that, @Bigun !      :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2017, 05:49:01 pm »
I voted for the one Rump. I am entitled to criticize him all i want and you are entitled to like it, son.

Please feel entitled to visualize a "Flip the Bird" emoji, @Weird Tolkienish Figure     *****rollingeyes*****

Wingnut

« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2017, 06:06:30 pm »
Ah yes, let's deflect from Trump's lack of character and discipline to ATTACK those who refused to vote for Trump... AGAIN - because somehow you people think it exonerates his stupid and juvenile behavior?

Classic.

Keeping your hate boner for Trump for four years my cause perminate damage.  If so please seek medical help right away.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2017, 06:13:01 pm »
Keeping your hate boner for Trump for four years my cause perminate damage.  If so please seek medical help right away.

Agreed!  It serves no purpose what-so-ever!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2017, 06:13:31 pm »

Classic.

Let them attack away....

I still think he (Trump) is a POS as a human, but he has done some pretty damn awesome things so far.  Globull warming repudiation, SCOTUS pick,  Freeze on new regulations, gutting unnecessary bureaucracy, FU to the MSM, etc.  I don't think I could ask for more at this point

Does he do and say stupid things????....  Hell yeah.  But as long as the left and MSM focus on that static, he can enact some big changes to undo 8 years of left wing damage.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2017, 06:45:46 pm »

And I will gladly hold his feet to the fire with you.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)