Author Topic: Comey Hearing: Live Thread  (Read 11964 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Comey Hearing: Live Thread
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2017, 06:23:42 pm »
Back in the '70's all the money was on James Taylor or Mick Jagger.

Jagger, Beatty, yeah. But James Taylor always struck me as the simpering guy who carried the torch for Carly
far past the point he shoulda written her off.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2017, 06:23:46 pm »
Thanks...always wondered about that song. Love that song.

@flowers
Previously Simon had always claimed the song was a 'composite' of people she knew.

It is. I saw an interview with her where she was going verse by verse and explained who she was talking about. She said each stanza and verse are about a different guy in her life. And listening to her explanation, it made perfect sense. The song really is a composite of several different guys. Why she decided to change her story nobody knows. Notoriety perhaps, Gay Rights maybe, who knows? I don't believe it. I believe she was telling the truth all along.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2017, 06:24:39 pm »
Dan Scavino Jr.‏Verified account @DanScavino 1h1 hour ago
Because if it was leaked that @realDonaldTrump was personally not under investigation- it would have crushed the entire narrative.

« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2017, 06:30:17 pm »
Attorney for the President is up.

« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2017, 06:33:58 pm »
THIS is must see TV. 

I'll look for a youtube link a little later.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2017, 06:35:41 pm »
I could not bear to watch the hearing. I find Comey repulsive and now we learn that he is a leaker of privileged information. He sure loves to be the center of attention. Thanks to all posters.
Principles matter. Words matter.

« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2017, 06:37:08 pm »
"Comey unilaterally leaked a privileged conversation with the POTUS"

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2017, 06:38:49 pm »
I could not bear to watch the hearing. I find Comey repulsive and now we learn that he is a leaker of privileged information. He sure loves to be the center of attention. Thanks to all posters.

For a person who prides himself on being a quintessential professional and being above the political fray, he sure sullied his credibility by leaking like a sieve.  How do you spell Vendetta. C-O-M........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2017, 06:42:36 pm »

Donald Trump Jr. Drops The Hammer On Comey Testimony In 3 Tweet Rant…

Donald Trump Jr. ✔ @DonaldJTrumpJr
1/3 Flynn stuff is BS in context 2 guys talking about a guy they both know well. I hear "I hope nothing happens but you have to do your job"
9:50 AM - 8 Jun 2017

2/3 very far from any kind of coercion or influence and certainly not obstruction!
9:51 AM - 8 Jun 2017

3/3 Knowing my father for 39 years when he "orders or tells" you to do something there is no ambiguity, you will know exactly what he means
9:52 AM - 8 Jun 2017

So if he was a "Stronger guy" he might have actually followed procedure & the law? You were the director of the FBI, who are you kidding?😂
9:59 AM - 8 Jun 2017

Comey "I could be wrong"
9:56 AM - 8 Jun 2017

Hoping and telling are two very different things, you would think that a guy like Comey would know that. #givemeabreak
9:54 AM - 8 Jun 2017

Richard Grenell ✔ @RichardGrenell
Comey just destroyed anonymous sources in the NYT and Washington Post. This won't be reported.
9:50 AM - 8 Jun 2017

(more)
http://www.sarahpalin.com/donald-trump-jr-drops-hammer-comey-testimony-3-tweet-rant/
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #209 on: June 08, 2017, 06:43:44 pm »
Comey accepting his "Most Bitter Ex-Employee Award"....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #210 on: June 08, 2017, 06:47:26 pm »
I was in the shower.

Did I miss anything?!

You missed Comey saying 'Lordy.'  As in 'Lordy, I hope so.'

I didn't know anyone said that anymore.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2017, 06:49:52 pm »

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:51:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2017, 07:00:54 pm »

IOW from day #1 the entire 'Russia' allegation is a partisan witch hunt, aimed at taking Trump down, out or rendering him weakened by false leaks.

Apparently Comey did his own part.

He wrote memos, unlike treatment of Frau Clinton. In her case, of known violation of federal laws and national security, he interviewed her with no tape recording, no transcripts.

Just let her off the hook and held a press conference to make it public. In Trump's case, he continued leaking, in order to prolong the false suspicion.

Bad day for democrats.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:22:08 pm by MOD3 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2017, 07:06:13 pm »
Here's an easier read of the attorney's statement:  Video is also at link:  http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-read-trump-lawyer-marc-kasowitz-s-1496945767-htmlstory.html

President Trump's lawyer released the following statement to the press following the James Comey hearing on Thursday:

I am Marc Kasowitz, President Trump’s personal lawyer. 

Contrary to numerous false press accounts leading up to today’s hearing, Mr. Comey has now finally confirmed publicly what he repeatedly told the President privately:  The President was not under investigation as part of any probe into Russian interference.  He also admitted that there is no evidence that a single vote changed as a result of any Russian interference.

Mr  Comey’s testimony also makes clear that the President never sought to impede the investigation into attempted Russian interference in the 2016 election, and in fact, according to Mr. Comey, the President told Mr. Comey “it would be good to find out” in that investigation if there were “some ‘satellite’ associates of his who did something wrong.”   And he did not exclude anyone from that statement. 

Consistent with that statement, the President never, in form or substance, directed or suggested that Mr. Comey stop investigating anyone, including suggesting that that Mr. Comey “let Flynn go.” As he publicly stated the next day, he did say to Mr. Comey, “General Flynn is a good guy, he has been through a lot,” and also “asked how is General Flynn is doing.”   Admiral Rogers testified that the President never “directed [him] to do anything . . . illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate" and never “pressured [him] to do so.”  Director Coates said the same thing. The President likewise never pressured Mr. Comey.

The President also never told Mr. Comey, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty” in form or substance.   Of course, the Office of the President is entitled to expect loyalty from those who are serving in an administration, and, from before this President took office to this day, it is overwhelmingly clear that there have been and continue to be those in government who are actively attempting to undermine this administration with selective and illegal leaks of classified information and privileged communications. Mr. Comey has now admitted that he is one of these leakers.

Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he unilaterally and surreptitiously made unauthorized disclosures to the press of privileged communications with the President.  The leaks of this privileged information began no later than March 2017 when friends of Mr. Comey have stated he disclosed to them the conversations he had with the President during their January 27, 2017 dinner and February 14, 2017 White House meeting.  Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he leaked to friends his purported memos of these privileged conversations, one of which he testified was classified.  He also testified that immediately after he was terminated he authorized his friends to leak the contents of these memos to the press in order to “prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”  Although Mr. Comey testified he only leaked the memos in response to a tweet, the public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from these memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey’s excuse for this unauthorized disclosure of privileged information and appears to entirely retaliatory.  We will leave it the appropriate authorities to determine whether this leaks should be investigated along with all those others being investigated.

​In sum, it is now established that the President was not being investigated for colluding with the Russians or attempting to obstruct that investigation.  As the Committee pointed out today, these important facts for the country to know are virtually the only facts that have not leaked during the long course of these events. 

As he said yesterday, the President feels completely vindicated and is eager to continue moving forward with his agenda with this public cloud removed.

Thank you.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #214 on: June 08, 2017, 07:10:09 pm »
Comey revealed that he is a vindictive little man who is ticked off that he is no longer in power.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2017, 07:13:14 pm »
Comey revealed that he is a vindictive little man who is ticked off that he is no longer in power.

That was my takeaway as well. In some parts he seemed to me to act like a child, almost like he was going to start crying.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2017, 07:15:36 pm »
Just heard on Fox Business from a former FBI director that by allowing himself to be compromised by Lynch's order to call the email server a "matter" rather than an investigation, this prevented the issuance of subpoenas and other investigative tools that could have nailed Hitlery. This is the biggest story of the day IMO.

« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2017, 07:17:13 pm »
Just heard on Fox Business from a former FBI director that by allowing himself to be compromised by Lynch's order to call the email server a "matter" rather than an investigation, this prevented the issuance of subpoenas and other investigative tools that could have nailed Hitlery. This is the biggest story of the day IMO.

And it could explain why the closed hearing was so short.

@austingirl

Offline austingirl

« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2017, 07:19:37 pm »
And it could explain why the closed hearing was so short.

@austingirl

Either that or disappointment that obstruction was a mere fantasy.

Offline endicom

« Reply #219 on: June 08, 2017, 07:21:28 pm »

At the moment, Trump is looking quite good. If it stays that way, and no Pubs turn on Trump, the Dems will have lost a lot of the momentum they were trying to gather.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2017, 07:25:58 pm »
At the moment, Trump is looking quite good. If it stays that way, and no Pubs turn on Trump, the Dems will have lost a lot of the momentum they were trying to gather.

All we can do at this point is to hope and pray that Trump will stay off Twitter. He could wreck the whole thing in 140 characters.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:26:26 pm by 240B »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2017, 07:33:44 pm »
IOW from day #1 the entire 'Russia' allegation is a partisan witch hunt, aimed at taking Trump down, out or rendering him weakened by false leaks.

Classic projection on part of the Left.  They assumed only THEY have the authority to apologize for Russia, and the moment Trump had kind words for Putin, well, in their juvenile minds Trump stole their friend.  So now all of their behaviors in regards to selling us out are being projected onto Trump in the hopes of creating the public perception he is the traitor and there was no way possible that Hillary could have "lost" an election unless it was stolen.

He wrote memos, unlike treatment of Frau Clinton. In her case, of known violation of federal laws and national security, he interviewed her with no tape recording, no transcripts.

Funny how the Left ALWAYS gets a clean pass from accountability while they churn up septic tank sediment to see what sticks to their targets and destroy whomever they choose even if there is no evidence to support the charges.

Bad day for democrats.

In whose eyes?

Ours?

They do not much care.  They are pretty sure they have more than half the country in total lockstep to them.

So they will continue to fling poo and sow the perception that Trump needs to be gotten rid of - by any means necessary.  And for that they will continue to 'push the envelope' with effigies beheaded and other assorted subtleties.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2017, 07:34:14 pm »
Looks like a 'splodin' cigar for the Dems. They now realize they need a plan B to take down Trump.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2017, 07:38:06 pm »
Just saw the disgusting dimocrap Sherman on Fox Business saying he hopes to get bi-partisan support for impeachment from Mueller's investigation- the dims already have enough "evidence" of high crimes and misdemeanors- but they are going to be talking about healthcare and jobs- ha!

Wingnut

« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2017, 07:43:15 pm »

Will no one rid us of this meddlesome Comey?.