Author Topic: Comey Hearing: Live Thread  (Read 11851 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Comey Hearing: Live Thread
« on: June 08, 2017, 02:23:23 pm »
@mystery-ak suggested I start one....she'll add to it after her company leaves.   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Comey Hearing: Live Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:25:16 pm »
@mystery-ak suggested I start one....she'll add to it after her company leaves.   ^-^

Let the clown show commence.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 02:52:20 pm »
Personally, I think Comey had a recorder on him.

His written 'recollection summary' was full of "quotes"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:56:12 pm »
Bookmarking...
Let it burn.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 03:00:28 pm »
It's incredibly obvious from listening to this that the dems have colluded with Comey beforehand on the questions they would ask and the answers he should give.

No sane person can listen to this and not come to that conclusion.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 03:02:18 pm »
They just twisted his answer of "it seemed like he was indirectly maybe possibly asking me to perhaps end the investigation" into "so, the President asked you to end the investigation..."

No they are running with an assumption he made as if it is FACT.

A joke.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 03:03:08 pm »
It's incredibly obvious from listening to this that the dems have colluded with Comey beforehand on the questions they would ask and the answers he should give.

Surely not! /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 03:05:51 pm »

Has same thoughts.  Seemed very scripted and leading.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 03:06:17 pm »
The whole point of this exercise in Kabuki Theater is to keep this Russia nonsense in the news in perpetuity by muddying the waters even more.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:06:34 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 03:06:34 pm »

I'm at work so I can't listen, but what are the Republicans doing?  Did they not anticipate just that and prepare?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 03:07:20 pm »
I'm at work so I can't listen, but what are the Republicans doing?  Did they not anticipate just that and prepare?

Republicans want Trump gone, too.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »

Shocking, just shocking!  These testimony's have been scripted for years. Decades.

Offline LetsTalk

• Right Here. Right Now.
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 03:08:33 pm »
Comey seems greasy and disingenuous. I'm glad he was let go.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly
to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

-Albert Einstein

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 03:10:45 pm »
Ha - if you were watching Comey's face during Wyden's opening statement, it was clear that Comey had a moment where he knew how dishonest all of this really is.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 03:11:19 pm »
Comey seems greasy and disingenuous. I'm glad he was let go.

Former Bush AG On Comey’s 2007 Brush With Scandal: ‘Jim’s Loyalty Was More To Chuck Schumer’

https://thefederalist.com/2017/05/17/former-attorney-general-on-comeys-integrity-jims-loyalty-was-more-to-chuck-schumer/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 03:12:19 pm »
Comey seems greasy and disingenuous.

Of course - he's a Clintonite.

I can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 03:13:07 pm »

Just once, I'd like to see Republicans in Congress push back against the Democrats. They could destroy this whole false narrative so easily.

But they won't.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 03:13:13 pm »
Shocking, just shocking!  These testimony's have been scripted for years. Decades.

Yep. And just like always, the Dem Senator's questions, are not questions at all. They are statements accusing the President of all kinds of nefarious activities, usually ending with,

"Do you agree with that?"
"Would you say this is an accurate assessment??
"Would you say this is true?"

Of course all of this is read into the record, regardless of how the witness answers. And that, is the whole point.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 03:13:18 pm »
Rubio:  "Why is the only thing not leaked is the President is not under investigation?"

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 03:14:51 pm »
Rubio:  "Why is the only thing not leaked is the President is not under investigation?"

Rubio's doing good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 03:15:41 pm »
Just once, I'd like to see Republicans in Congress push back against the Democrats. They could destroy this whole false narrative so easily.

But they won't.   :shrug:

They don't see Trump as a Republican.   They won't die on that hill.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 03:15:45 pm »

:beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 03:17:32 pm »
Comey is doing a hell of a lot speculating.  I thought this was a "fact" hearing.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 03:17:36 pm »
It doesn't matter what Comey says.

The Democrats will walk out saying they have "grave concerns" based on his testimony and that there is a pattern of corruption that needs further investigation. The moonbat wing will immediately start talking about impeachment again.

The Republicans will say that everything seems above board and give a half-arsed defense of Trump that the press will ignore anyway.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 03:17:38 pm »
Rubio:  Trump made the same statement about Flynn being a good guy and should not be pursued by FBI to the public the day after Comey's meeting ..... so FBI employees would have heard what Trump’s wishes were directly from the President.

Another great point.